Stuff You've Just Bought

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
Reaction score
A nice haul of vinyl this week (no surprises there):
  • The Eccentronic Research Council - The Dreamcatcher Tapes Volumes 1 & 2 (double LP)
    • Ambient and abstract music soundtracking dream recollections - I would normally run a mile from this but it's brilliant and frequently hilarious.
  • Therapy? - Troublegum (LP)
    • At last a proper repress of this stone-cold classic.
  • Underworld - Cowgirl Limited Drop 2021 (12")
    • Just incredible - an 18 minute early version of 'Cowgirl' on the A side, and the live 'Rez/Cowgirl' performance from their legendary Reading '96 gig (I was there, man....)
  • Special Request - DJ Kicks (double LP and a download of the full mixed set)
    • Wow...just....wow. Paul Woolford is a genius.

And a new home brewing gadget called The Pinter. All the kit and enough ingredients to make 20 pints for £75. Even if I never use it again that's cheaper than the pub (which I can't go to anyway).

1616162900911.png

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
this is something I'd like to buy. I remember from decades ago, something we called water flowers. They arrived in shops with Christmas Crackers and were intended as stocking fillers I think. This is the sort of thing...
http://www.esnarf.com/4848k.htm

There were also flat ones which looked like confetti. When you dropped them on the water's surface they slowly become flowers :)

Edit to add in a picture
Anyone got a source?

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
this is something I'd like to buy. I remember from decades ago, something we called water flowers. They arrived in shops with Christmas Crackers and were intended as stocking fillers I think. This is the sort of thing...
http://www.esnarf.com/4848k.htm

There were also flat ones which looked like confetti. When you dropped them on the water's surface they slowly become flowers :)

Edit to add in a picture
Anyone got a source?
Act quick

Screenshot_20210320-013345.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/976...MI3OjU39y97wIVxu3tCh0fSQlTEAsYBSABEgLJhvD_BwE

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Iv never seen these Jackie chan movies and I pre ordered this set back in December and eureka need to get thunderbolt and sure it's police story 3 supercop just under a different name?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Isn't Thunderbolt that racing cars movie Jackie made? Don't go expecting a lot of him in those Lucky Stars movies, he showed up for extended cameos as favours to Sammo Hung, but that's about it. Fighting's great, humour's unbelievably sexist!

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
So I have just part-exchanged my Renaultsport Megane R26 230 F1 Team Nurburgring Edition for a VW Tiguan.
So basically gone from rocketship to battleship.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
3 cross stitch charts with a fortean theme. I can post the name of my supplier if anyone is interested :)

Jackalope, Abominable Snowman, Bigfoot

1616600371500.png 1616600244965.png
1616600589860.png

Trevp666

Reaction score
You won't be doing much stepping after those.

Trevp666

Reaction score
I take it that these are an additional, more accessible, set of steps then, cos otherwise we'd be making the observation that there are already a set of steps, well, just a few steps away?

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sent off for 50 foil cooking trays with lids, like the ones from the Chinese. They are for making loads of food in.

I sometimes make fish pies etc for a disabled friend.
He doesn't get as many as he'd like because he's slow at returning my precious Pyrex. Well, there's no escape now! :chuckle:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I take it that these are an additional, more accessible, set of steps then, cos otherwise we'd be making the observation that there are already a set of steps, well, just a few steps away?
Yes mom wants to close off the old ones so she can put an outdoor corner seating thing across the back and side of the gazebo, where the original steps are. My next job is to build up some decking to infill the old steps.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Sent off for 50 foil cooking trays with lids
I'm not quite as ambitious. I get a dozen a time from Poundstretcher and I think they're like £1.49.
And I batch-cook in the slow cooker, then have several portions trayed up in the freezer.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
I'm not quite as ambitious. I get a dozen a time from Poundstretcher and I think they're like £1.49.
And I batch-cook in the slow cooker, then have several portions trayed up in the freezer.
That's good planning! The ones I've bought aren't hugely strong but they'll be fine for what I need them for. I've already used half a dozen of them!

Pyrex is great but I bounce the stuff like nobody's business. Also, you don't get it back when you lend it out!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Yesterday I cut my thumb when chopping veg. It bled everywhere, most inconvenient.

Thought I had some finger cots in but was mistaken so I ordered some and they came today. Dunno how many, hundreds, but they'll come in for years of digit-hacking.

Trevp666

Reaction score
You might want to mute the funky music.