Stuff You've Just Bought

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I have bought a VW Tiguan.
10 years old and only 67k miles on it.
I gave them £3000 and a Renault Megane RS230 R26 F1 Team for it.

20210330_152420.jpg

Trevp666

Reaction score
I was going to ask where you can buy such things....but I don't think I want to know.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
A jar of pickled boobs and bums - for my nephew's birthday. Not for me obviously, that would be juvenile, no they're for my nephew.

View attachment 37474
Reminds me of when I was invited to an Ann Summers (UK marital aids company) party many years ago.

As I was then married to a high school teacher there was NO way I was buying anything intimate to get him gossiped about!

So I just bought sweets. They were 'jelly boobs' and 'chocolate bums'.

The dog found them, ripped the bags open and scattered them all over the floor. :rolleyes:

Trevp666

Reaction score
Its silver.

You will lose it in the car park.
The Renault was silver too and I never lost that!
It's true that almost all cars these days appear to be silver.

My very good tip for not losing your car in the car park though is this.
Park it as far away from the entrance to the store as possible - it is likely that you will be surrounded by empty spaces, thus also making it much easier to get in and out, and less likely to receive damage from wayward trollies and other cars parking too close.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
A load more timber to fix dads shed and replace tje slats on the covered seat oh and some nails lol

Trevp666

Reaction score

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
No, a small shrub :) so a bit older than seeds but not above my knees I should think.

That's nice, but what is it? Some kind of pink Forsythia or something?
It's a version of a flowering cherry / prunus that is easy to keep fairly small. We had a very old flowering cherry that had to be taken out. We've replaced it with two apples which are doing really well and look lovely. But we've both missed the almost artificial candy floss blossom!

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I was invited to an Ann Summers (UK marital aids company) party many years ago.

As I was then married to a high school teacher there was NO way I was buying anything intimate to get him gossiped about!

The dog found them, ripped the bags open and scattered them all over the floor. :rolleyes:
Do you remember small candy necklace sweets in the 60's ? Found some a few year back re-branded as nipple tassels.

Last edited:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Do you remember small candy necklace sweets in the 60's ? Found some a few year back re-branded as nipple tassles.
They used to be great, bite one in half and fire the other half at somebody :hahazebs:
Regarding the tassles, also available, g-string and bra

Attachments

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Reaction score
I gave them £3000 and a Renault Megane RS230 R26 F1 Team for it.
This is in the States, prior to the Lemon Law, but I will never forgive Renault. My mom bought a Renault Alliance and the damned thing fell apart everywhere. It just su-diddly-ucked. Was a proper nightmare.

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

Sure, blame the dog...

Trevp666

Reaction score
damned thing fell apart everywhere
Probably more indicative of shady practices by a seller - Renaults are not terrible vehicles, but the ones from the 2000s were a bit 'fragile'.

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This is in the States, prior to the Lemon Law, but I will never forgive Renault. My mom bought a Renault Alliance and the damned thing fell apart everywhere. It just su-diddly-ucked. Was a proper nightmare.
I'm not massively into cars (hence my name here!) but the worst car I ever drove was my parents' Citroen C1, which felt like it was made out of tin cans and was powered by an elastic band! It actually lasted for years and ran okay, but things like changing the battery were made unnecessarily difficult, almost as if the designers took a perverse pleasure in making it so! And the foot pedals were so cramped your feet weren't even parallel when you drove. Terrible.

My other least enjoyable drive was the Proton Wira, which journalists were given to drive while covering a bike race in Malaysia. Though I reckon even that was probably better than the Perodua Kancil – I overtook one of those when I was cycling!

And my word, that Renault Alliance is ugly!

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Reaction score
Renaults are not terrible vehicles, but the ones from the 2000s were a bit 'fragile'.
This was back in the late '80's. The car itself was used, no idea how old but I'd guess the style of the thing was early '80's. It was a white box on wheels. At least they were kind enough to slope the windshield for "aerodynamics". :D

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember an Austin Princess from my childhood. Bought new it lasted under a year on the road and was replaced after a long tussle with the seller.

It was replaced with an old Wolsley which was wonderful and as far as I remember only gave trouble with punctures, chipped windscreen, wipers removed by vandals.... nothing to do with the actual car.

Trevp666

Reaction score
Aah the Austin Princess or 'wedge' as it was known.
Never did BL produce a vehicle that made so much use of the BL 'parts bin' before or after.
They weren't actually a bad car, just badly put together by a lazy workforce with no desire to be concerned with quality, heavily unionised and prone to 'walkouts' at the drop of a hat.
Many hats got dropped during that period.
And many 'friday afternoon' cars got built.

They replaced the Princess with the Ambassador which looked very similar but was pretty much an entirely new body, and was altogether a much better car, but it didn't ever achieve a lot of sales because the BL reputation was already tarnished.

"The Ambassador achieved domestic sales of 43,427 in the two years in which it was available. Of these 43,427, only around 28 are thought to be still experiencing active service on the road in the UK..."

Stillill

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
This was back in the late '80's. The car itself was used, no idea how old but I'd guess the style of the thing was early '80's. It was a white box on wheels. At least they were kind enough to slope the windshield for "aerodynamics". :D
Don’t knock 80’s Renaults too much. They made these little beauties in the 80’s. I’ve only ever seen one on the road.
0F51EE93-CF5B-47E5-8B15-9773CD3079A3.jpeg