Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Just bought an electric staple gun :p

20210420_114421.png

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I've just bought three of S T and Gs Marvellous Maps. One is of folklore and superstition. For a long time I have thought of buying a UK. Map in a ring file book and noting places of Fortean interests linked to an index book as to what is of interest there.

A long term but for me a strangely satisfying task.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
For a long time I have thought of buying a UK. Map in a ring file book and noting places of Fortean interests linked to an index book as to what is of interest there.

A long term but for me a strangely satisfying task.

this is GENIUS! totally damn FABULOUS!

XEPER_

Death to all but metal
Reaction score
I've had a double-kick for a couple of years and I still can't get my head round it, 30 years of habit to break I guess. Hope it goes well!
Yeah, it's weird. But I'm not really a drummer anyway, I just play a little for fun (I'm a guitarist) so hopefully I don't have my movements too ingrained at this stage and pick up the double kick skill a bit easier as a result.

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
some new tops
A new mattress
A new ecig so I can try stop smoking the roll ups.
A gym membership as I'm twice the size of my avatar from a few years ago. (Pre giving birth at 41, I had a baby at 18 as well and 3 weeks after giving birth a had a flat stomach again, at 41 , not so easy lol)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Zappa's live bands were some of the most talented in the history of rock and roll.

The Freak Out album is on YouTube .
Me and my mates used to listen to my mothers copy , on my grandparents ancient but LOUD radiogram/cabinet affair, when we were young teens . Pretending to be Hippies.
Haven't listened for years so seen your post and had to look it up .

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Nice - unusual choices for people to do forewords though....

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
A sword and buckler

Excellent! People really don't expect you to hit them with the buckler and then stab with the sword!

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Ooo...ooo I got one!

I bought one of these -

1619699644078.jpeg

I can join in on the thread!

(I got it from Amazon. It came in a cardboard box a little smaller than a coffin. I kid ye not. Note to self - don't buy anything from them again. Not joking- the amount of packaging they use is criminal, I'll not be a part of it."

Goats World Music

Fantastic album. Saw them live a few years ago - hands down one of the best shows I have ever seen.

1619699603601.png

Last edited:

titch

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Excellent! People really don't expect you to hit them with the buckler and then stab with the sword!
The book I am learning from says that while you can do a face smash with the buckler, the buckler is better used to control the opponent's sword, then you cut to the head with your sword ,can I take lessons from you? The Fridsey fighting style sounds way more fun.

Frideswide

Staff member
Reaction score
The book I am learning from says

ooh! nice! what is it?

I was with the Vik (real name Norse Film and Pageant Society) and rather shorter at 5.5 feet than everyone else. My expert told me to go in with both, hard, in an effort to get around the reach and height disadvantages - get under the swing of the big weapons and close (said as cloze not close :rollingw: ) and batter the smaller stuff aside with my buckler before bringing my relatively big RH options in to play.

I miss it SO MUCH!

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Ooo...ooo I got one!

I bought one of these -

View attachment 38688

I can join in on the thread!

(I got it from Amazon. It came in a cardboard box a little smaller than a coffin. I kid ye not. Note to self - don't buy anything from them again. Not joking- the amount of packaging they use is criminal, I'll not be a part of it."

Fantastic album. Saw them live a few years ago - hands down one of the best shows I have ever seen.

View attachment 38687
They are definitely on the edge of out there and I am jealous. (Of seeing Goat not the scrubber thing)