• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Stuff You've Just Bought

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Reaction score

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
A follow up purchase of the belt pouch for the SAK Champ.

1620238009579.jpeg

Don’t tell everyone but the genuine article champ arrived brand new, boxed, discounted and with a gift card, came to about £30.

I’m toying with the idea of replacing the toothpick with one of these. A Firefly Flint specially designed for the SAK as a kickstarter. I’m not sure I can justify it yet as it’s expensive and reports say it can be quite brittle and isn’t long lasting but FFS.... Flint and SAK steel. Man Create Fire!!!!!!!!

1620237825526.jpeg

(There’s also another tiny flint called the Fire Ant and that screws into the corkscrew in place of the tiny screwdriver. I wear glasses so not tempted).

Last edited:

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
That tiny red one on the bottom right is the type that was confiscated from me when I entered the Probate Court in Holborn.
Took four weeks to get it back after Officers were satisfied it hadn't been used in a crime. Think they were surprised I persevered - have it on me now.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
That tiny red one on the bottom right is the type that was confiscated from me when I entered the Probate Court in Holborn.
Took four weeks to get it back after Officers were satisfied it hadn't been used in a crime. Think they were surprised I persevered - have it on me now.
Had it been used in a crime? .. did you decapitate a midgit? .. did you!?

Coastaljames

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I’m toying with the idea of replacing the toothpick with one of these. A Firefly Flint specially designed for the SAK as a kickstarter. I’m not sure I can justify it yet as it’s expensive and reports say it can be quite brittle and isn’t long lasting but FFS.... Flint and SAK steel. Man Create Fire!!!!!!!!
But wait! Not so hasty...

What will you pick your teeth with mate? :O

ChasFink

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Damn you all! All the Swiss Army knife talk makes me want to get another!

I have two, an older one with pliers and a newer one with corkscrew and magnifying glass. Didn't use the old one for years after I broke the scissor spring and the tip of the screwdriver/can opener. Then I took it to the Swiss Army shop in Manhattan and they sent it out to get fixed for free - not even a shipping charge! Love that knife as it has the old perpendicular phillips screwdriver with the slot so you can use it as a key to open old style canned hams.

I also have somewhere a very second-hand example of a type actually issued to the Swiss Army: quite unexciting by comparison, with waffled steel sides (no red plastic) and almost nothing other than knife blades.

Tigerhawk

Dazed and confused...
Reaction score

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Trouble with Primani is that they don't do online. So you actually have to go elbow-to-elbow with the other three million people who want jogging bottoms
Bought mushroom kits for us and for Escette so we're having a mushroom race.

Here's my current crop with an actual Bengal tiger for scale.

View attachment 38991
Skargy, you are clearly exaggerating for comic effect.

That's a Sumatran tiger. They're MUCH smaller than the Bengal.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Sent my son in law a close-up of the most buttock-like mushrooms and he said 'That's the Marshmallow Man's ass!'