Stuff You've Just Bought

TangletwigsDeux

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
My favourite over all Floyd album "Animals" (fight me) on the 180g reissue. Sounds stunning.

PINK-FLOYD-Animals-LP.jpg

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I thought that said 'baking' at first.
Seemed an odd question.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
IMG_0060.JPG

the seelbook of last action hero usa import.

Last edited:

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
A new pair of jeans .. although they feel as thin as tissue paper so I'm not happy about my purchase, I think they're going to last about 10 seconds .. but covid etc etc .. we had to wait for some woman trying stuff on in the changing room: "this might take some time because I think she's writing a novel in there?", the shop assistant agreed and smirked .. the 'we might have to start charging you rent' customer didn't buy any of the items she was trying on in 'these unpresented times' .. cheers for that ffs .. *cough* .. then a member of staff went in and did some air spraying thing to protect me .. but I bought a new pair of jeans anyway because nearly all of mine are falling apart. So I've got a new pair of serviceable for a brief time jeans.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Reaction score
My favourite over all Floyd album "Animals" (fight me) on the 180g reissue. Sounds stunning.

PINK-FLOYD-Animals-LP.jpg

Torn between this and Wish You Were Here.

Both superb.

They're both still 'full band efforts' when it comes to playing, but Wish You Were Here has the ethereal, bittersweet touches of Gilmour's contributions to temper the Waters' mordant cynicism on, say 'Welcome to the Machine' and 'Have A Cigar' (brilliant songs, mind you).

By the time we reach Animals, however, Waters completely dominates the tone (and songwriting)--hence it being so much darker.

Perhaps some notes here on what mental space Roger was in come '77:
https://www.angelfire.com/va/battersea/spit.html

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
just a heads up transformers the moive is coming out on 4k this summer usa only so far and the is seelbook is only available from shout factorys web site.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Techy ran out of cough sweets. I get him big jars of them from Amazon so he's now back to non-stop crunch slurp crunch slurp. :chuckle:
No coughing though!

JaneD

JaneD
Reaction score
Torn between this and Wish You Were Here.

Both superb.

They're both still 'full band efforts' when it comes to playing, but Wish You Were Here has the ethereal, bittersweet touches of Gilmour's contributions to temper the Waters' mordant cynicism on, say 'Welcome to the Machine' and 'Have A Cigar' (brilliant songs, mind you).

By the time we reach Animals, however, Waters completely dominates the tone (and songwriting)--hence it being so much darker.

Perhaps some notes here on what mental space Roger was in come '77:
https://www.angelfire.com/va/battersea/spit.html
Totally agree, Gilmour gives a melodic softer sound to me, which makes Wish a better record. Found Waters a bit of a tosser.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Totally agree, Gilmour gives a melodic softer sound to me, which makes Wish a better record. Found Waters a bit of a tosser.
Without Gilmour they'd be quite a dull band. The vast majority of the best bits & high points come from Gilmour's guitar.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I bought this yesterday just because I've always loved the Subway ethos - B Boy underground ..

ahat2.jpg

.. and the stich work on it ..

Last edited:

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
some van damm movies and capcom art books from amazon.
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Actually my wife bought this amazing fire pit for me, bespoke too. It is for my birthday which was today (not fishing for greetings, just want to show off this amazing fire put). It was our first tentative attempt, it will look better with bigger flames. It also turns into a BBQ, which we wil ltry tomorrow.
02_ Fire Pit.jpg
03_ Fire Pit.jpg

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Actually my wife bought this amazing fire pit for me, bespoke too. It is for my birthday which was today (not fishing for greetings, just want to show off this amazing fire put). It was our first tentative attempt, it will look better with bigger flames. It also turns into a BBQ, which we wil ltry tomorrow.
View attachment 40026View attachment 40027
Oooh are you a fan then?

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
View attachment 40026View attachment 40027

Happy Birthday!

cute-colorful-monsters-happy-birthday-card-eps10-vector-7397597.jpg

Spudrick68

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Escargot - massive fan of The Damned. I have the original release of every 7" single (except New Rose & Stretcher Case Baby) which would cost a bloody fortune now.

We have seen them loads of time.