Stuff You've Just Bought

Two books - Stasiland by Anna Funder and Stalingrad by Antony Beevor. Both are waiting to be read, along with the thirty books I've bought recently and am slowly working my way through...
Both are great books in their own way, compelling reading. I keep dipping back into Stalingrad.

titch

Justified & Ancient
Just treated myself to premium membership of the imperial war museum, free entry to Hms Belfast (excellent) duxford air museum (excellent) and the cabinet war rooms (no idea what that's like)
But the main reason for getting premium membership was you get access to the premium enclosure at airshows, you would not BELIEVE the queues for the toilets, the September airshow had such loooooong queues for the toilet that during the 617 squadron tribute I was close to doing my own dambusters tribute.

Now after typing all that I just realized I don't know if the premium enclosure comes with its own toilet, best bring a bucket for the next show....

Skrymr

Abominable Snowman
Then what does one do with it?
I mix it with milk, or stir it into my oats. Helps with muscle repair after lifting weights :D

Because I take after my silly uncles in some ways, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to pick up a couple of cow horns to drink my home-made mead out of.
I'm just getting mine ready for lining with beeswax!

15078720_10211100034085637_2955605109449284328_n.jpg

Last edited:

escargot

Beloved of Ra
In the summer I bought a lovely duvet set from Asda. Only got round to slinging it on this week, it's great!

We each have our own room* and beds so Techy doesn't get to sleep under it and is green with envy.
Told him, I'd've got him one too but I'm not sure what duvet he has. Might be a King Size.
bed.jpg
*As mentioned on Radio 4's Thinking Allowed - not just separate beds, we have separate ROOMS. It was all the snoring and farting. Poor man couldn't stand it any more.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
Soding ups where meant too deliver the Duran Duran Rio album on vinyl that i end up getting from Amazon us by 8 o'clock today but been delayed and Amazon have been no help.

the discogs seller was unable too it sell to me because the copy they had was damaged that's why I got it from Amazon us.

Last edited:

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
From a Pop Up store selling books cheap (and today they were going cheaper, all things $2!) the following three books - Star Trek Deep Space Nine book Gamma - Original Sin, Star Trek Prey book two The Jackal's Trick (thrown in for free because I bought the above Star Trek book and they were trying to get rid of stock) and Welsh Wit, Quips And Quotes.

Megadeth1977

Justified & Ancient
I'm going have to a bit of rant.the digital version of the ten year war comes with the boxset on a cross shaped usb stick use a new format called maq that claims to be hi res but in fact it's not and you need buy new hardware to decode it and the company that came up with maq have the cheek use flac and hi res is supposed sound as close to original master as possible but maq make it sound worse I tried it with a free trial piece of software that decode to to 96/24bit so it's just drm with worse sound quality and the good news I have found the ten year war true hi res on 7digital not cheap at £22.99
So if anyone on see a site that sells digital versions of albums with maq do not waste your money.

Last edited: