Stuff You've Just Bought

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
For my wee 7 year old Granddaughter, 'Rainbow lslands' on PS2 - couple of quid from PDSA shop!

'You'll get your turn, just be patient'...

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
Classic!

Bubble Bobble 2: although it isn't immediately obvious if you don't follow the 'plot'.
It's the rare PS2 version (selling for forty quid on eBay), which has, 'The NewZealand Story' as well!

Currently on level 14 of Rainbow Islands - never got that that far before.

Granddaughter thoroughly unimpressed; 'Wheest... you'll get a wee shot in a minute'...

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Long story short; bought Techy an awesome industrial spotlamp. He's pleased.

Spotted it at t'booty in town yesterday. Looked like just the thing Techy needs so I coughed up £3 and lugged it about half a mile back to the banger.

It's come from a workshop somewhere. It has a heavy metal base and a tall stand with the spotlight and a shelf/tool rack. There're also two hefty flexible 'arms', one with an outsized croc clip and the other a big magnifying glass. Truly awesome, especially when I plugged it in and it lit!

I'd guessed it was working. It had a new-looking modern bulb and an electrical safety tag so it's been maintained.

Left it in the front room, texted Techy about the surprise I'd got him, then went to work.

He was delighted, if a bit nonplussed, and dragged it upstairs. He does electronic repairs on his desk so he'll have all the light and magnification he needs now.

Not your usual Valentine's Day gift. How many chocolates can you buy for £3 though, eh? Eh?

escargot

Beloved of Ra
Is it an industrial anglepoise lamp?

Any chance of a photo re your prudent purchase?
It's very likely the sort you suggest. We can't find any maker's details on it but I bet there's something under the base. It'd take two of to look for that though! I will have a go at a photo.

Absolutely awesome lamp. When the guy asked three pounds for it I first wondered if I needed my ears syringing and then bit his hand off.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
For me? Oh, THANK you! :joyf:

(I do love 'tesers. We once sent Escette a teeshirt with the word 'Manteaser' written as the Maltesers logo, when she was working abroad. Only fellow Brit expats got the joke!)
;)
The problem I've found with 'tesers - and surely not alone here - is that once you've opened a box, laws of psychics dictate it's absolutely impossible to enjoy only one of them and stop there.

Comfortably Numb

Justified & Ancient
It's very likely the sort you suggest. We can't find any maker's details on it but I bet there's something under the base...

I will have a go at a photo....

Absolutely awesome lamp. When the guy asked three pounds for it I first wondered if I needed my ears syringing and then bit his hand off.
Cheers! Reason for asking is that some of these old lamps and now collectible and highly desirable, for example:

1550138278657251.jpg

Tigerhawk

Resistance is futile!
A Fatal Inversion by Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell's pen name). I read it when I was in my early teens and it took a while for me to figure out who the lady was at the end of the book (I was a bit dim back then)...

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :)
Staff member
It is currently in my garage. :)

Edit to add that you can see what lovely weather we are having in Glasgow!