• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

StumbleUpon suppressed the H2onE2 science, knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Where is all your Helium :?: Not on Earth or space.

H2onE2 said:
It has a full outer shell so will not bond with any other element.

This more or less describes your theories Billy.

H2onE2 said:
Where is all your (He) Helium :?: Not on Earth or space.

The sun - which is most of the mass of the solar system - is 71% hydrogen by weight.
What do you think the rest of it is? (It's easy to tell by spectroscopy).

I only find Oxygen and Hydrogen in everything.

Now I think we're getting to the root of it...

wembley8 said:
H2onE2 said:

I find dog hairs in everything. They're everywhere!
I reckon they are dark matter. I am probably the leading proponant of this theory.
;)

I don't like the way this is going.
As a Rock Whisperer, many clients ask for my expertise in calming nervous or skittish stones and pebbles, which I can do in a matter of minutes.

I suppose you lot'll be saying this is unscientific next.

Timble2 said:
After hydrogen, helium is the most common substance by weight in the universe

AND I do not agree with this. There is no great quantity of helium in the rocks, water, biology or the atmosphere. So it is a big fat lie. One made by a science community that I totally disagree with.

wembley8 said:
H2onE2 said:
Where is all your (He) Helium :?: Not on Earth or space.

The sun - which is most of the mass of the solar system - is 71% hydrogen by weight.
What do you think the rest of it is? (It's easy to tell by spectroscopy).

I got to tell you I love spectroscopes. Although they are better used for gem analysis.

Use your own eyes. The sun is burning oxygen. It is a oxygen combustion fire. No gas burns unless is has an oxygen supply or an oxidizer built in like solid rocket fuel.

In fact if you walk into a room of 100% Hydrogen gas with a candle the only thing that will happen is the flame will go out. Exhaling oxygen as you walk into the room might cause you some problems.

If you want to go down the slippery road and say the sun is nuclear than it would still not look like a big camp fire. If a nuclear bomb is exploded in space there is no fire or mushroom cloud. Unless you supple an additional bomb full of compressed oxygen.

jimv1 said:
I don't like the way this is going.
As a Rock Whisperer, many clients ask for my expertise in calming nervous or skittish stones and pebbles, which I can do in a matter of minutes.

I suppose you lot'll be saying this is unscientific next.

Unrecognizable, if you want to use metaphors make a good one.

H2onE2 said:
Use your own eyes. The sun is burning oxygen. It is a oxygen combustion fire. No gas burns unless is has an oxygen supply or an oxidizer built in like solid rocket fuel.

If you want to go down the slippery road and say the sun is nuclear than it would still not look like a big camp fire. If a nuclear bomb is exploded in space there is no fire or mushroom cloud. Unless you supple an additional bomb full of compressed oxygen.
Another demonstration of your unparalled scientific knowledge! :roll:

I must say that description of the sun really surprised me. Before that I thought you at least had some idea of how things work.

However, I don´t suppose you could mention one experiment that has been done, which actually supports one of your claims.

H2onE2 said:

In fact if you walk into a room of 100% Hydrogen gas with a candle the only thing that will happen is the flame will go out. Exhaling oxygen as you walk into the room might cause you some problems.

Yes. Hydrogen fusion does result in the creation of helium, really. That's how hydrogen bombs and Sol type stars work. Really. They really do release energy in the form of heat and light too. No oxygen required.

You're obviously a bit shaky on the chemistry of other gasses, too. Like, the halogens, chlorine and fluorine. One of my favourite experiments, in chemistry class, was when the teacher would drop a strip of copper foil into a jar containing mostly chlorine gas, no oxygen. It burned with a lovely bright green flame. Fluorine is even more reactive.

Helium is named after the sun, because there's a whole bunch of it there, to the extent that's we first kind of noticed it.
Or so I've been told.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
H2onE2 said:

Yes. Hydrogen fusion does result in the creation of helium, really. That's how hydrogen bombs and Sol type stars work. Really. They really do release energy in the form of heat and light too. No oxygen required.

You're obviously a bit shaky on the chemistry of other gasses, too. Like, the halogens, chlorine and fluorine. One of my favourite experiments, in chemistry class, was when the teacher would drop a strip of copper foil into a jar containing mostly chlorine gas, no oxygen. It burned with a lovely bright green flame. Fluorine is even more reactive.

fluorine and chlorine trifluoride (CTF) are powerful oxidizers and are used in solid rocket fuel.

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRec ... =AD0502017

chlorine trifluoride dioxide (ClF3O2) 2 Oxygen molecules.......(hint) will burn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorine

Fluorine as a freely reacting oxidant gives the strongest oxidants known. Chlorine trifluoride, for example, can burn water and sand.

Are you talking about Fluorite (CaF2) crystals the pointy yellow mineral? The rock wont burn.

In nature chlorine is not in the gas form and mostly found in salt deposits. We make a chlorine gas and we attach oxygens so it stays as a gas. Adding the (O) making it catch fire. Got a match.

chlorine compounds
chlorate (ClO3−),
chlorite (ClO2−),
hypochlorite(ClO−),
and perchlorate(ClO4−),

_Lizard23_ said:
Helium is named after the sun, because there's a whole bunch of it there, to the extent that's we first kind of noticed it.
Or so I've been told.

there is a lot of bad information out there. Most of it is made up/created by the science community. See, I am not part of that society so I have no reason or motive to make junk up.

A Helium sun is funny. Not a reality.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
H2onE2 said:

Hydrogen bombs still need fissile material like (plutonium-239 or uranium-235) The number 239 and 235 refers to the massive number of electrons in the element. The nuclear explosion is the release of the electrons. That is where the power comes from.

Hydrogen can be used as the dry fuel, when bombarded with the plutonium-239 neutrons, tritium is produced, a heavy isotope of hydrogen which then undergo nuclear fusion.

I do not believe the sun is nuclear because it would need to be at critical mass / compression. But, this is beyond my interests and research.

I am an intellectual terrorist and have no interest in war, weapons or things that go boom. I leave the weapons of mass destruction for god and religion.

H2onE2 said:

Hydrogen bombs still need fissile material like (plutonium-239 or uranium-235) The number 239 and 235 refers to the massive number of electrons in the element. The nuclear explosion is the release of the electrons. That is where the power comes from.

Hydrogen can be used as the dry fuel, when bombarded with the plutonium-239 neutrons, tritium is produced, a heavy isotope of hydrogen which then undergo nuclear fusion.

I do not believe the sun is nuclear because it would need to be at critical mass / compression. But, this is beyond my interests and research.

I am an intellectual terrorist and have no interest in war, weapons or things that go boom. I leave the weapons of mass destruction for god and religion.
Basically, what you are saying is, that you just make this stuff up as you go along, without any reference to the actual facts, or science.

H2onE2 said:
Much of modern science seems to be beyond your interests. What you believe about the sun has no bearing on the facts. The mass and compression at the sun's centre does promote nuclear reactions. (This was all worked out in great detail decades ago.)

As far as I can see, you are the only one who has mentioned weapons and things that go boom. (The sun, btw, has been shining for about 5 billion years, and should continue for as long again - hardly a 'boom'.)

If you had a consistent alternative to modern science, people might listen to you. But you seem to attack random parts of it, even when they are far removed from your geological theories, and when you clearly don't have the knowledge to do so.

Dude, seriously, read a high school physics textbook, for your own sake. You're embarrassing yourself.

H2onE2 said:
The sun is burning oxygen. It is a oxygen combustion fire.

Please provide some evidence for this astonishing claim.
Also explain how sucha fire could remain burning for millions of years without exhausting its fuel (...or is that a lie as well?)

H2onE2 said:
If you want to go down the slippery road and say the sun is nuclear than it would still not look like a big camp fire. If a nuclear bomb is exploded in space there is no fire or mushroom cloud.

This just gets more wacky and less credible. I don't think there's a physcist left on the planet who thinks the sun is a chemical fire, and a nuclear explosion in space would give the same light output as it would anywhere else.
Hydrogen bombs do work, honest. We've destroyed an island or two proving it. And the energy for fusion has nothing to do with the fissile material in the bomb.

H2onE2 said:
I am an intellectual terrorist

No, people are frightened of terrorists because they're a threat. I don't think your work has anyone scared.
And 'intellectual' has other implications too.

H2onE2 said:

Yes, like a suicide bomber in an empty building.

ted_bloody_maul said:
H2onE2 said:

Yes, like a suicide bomber in an empty building.

Befair now, we could be dealing with someone who has slipped through from a parallell universe where the laws of physics differ from ours.

Scotty was wrong...

Thread locked, because frankly we all need to get on with our lives (and let's face it, both sides are never going to agree on this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back