• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

Unfortunately, that didn’t help
I have to say that you are right.

I thought that you meant that you hadn't updated the app for a while and I assumed that I had the current one. To add, I have both an iphone and ipad and had recently downloaded the September issue on my ipad.

I wanted to read my downloaded issues on my iphone today and couldn't find them.

Yep my couple of issues that I had, were not on my phone.

I just now went to again download some reading, and imagine my surprise when I see that it isn't available! So does that mean that we are going to have similar problems with timely delivery as with the paper copy?

I'm don't know what part of the world you are in @Sharon Hill, but mine subscription is international.

In addition to this, I really wonder about ownership of issues paid for that are downloaded. Mine too disappeared. Why? I paid for those issues and that was my understanding, that those issues downloaded would remain available to me without having to redownload.

I have to say that you are right.

I thought that you meant that you hadn't updated the app for a while and I assumed that I had the current one. To add, I have both an iphone and ipad and had recently downloaded the September issue on my ipad.

I wanted to read my downloaded issues on my iphone today and couldn't find them.

Yep my couple of issues that I had, were not on my phone.

I just now went to again download some reading, and imagine my surprise when I see that it isn't available! So does that mean that we are going to have similar problems with timely delivery as with the paper copy?

I'm don't know what part of the world you are in @Sharon Hill, but mine subscription is international.

In addition to this, I really wonder about ownership of issues paid for that are downloaded. Mine too disappeared. Why? I paid for those issues and that was my understanding, that those issues downloaded would remain available to me without having to redownload.
I'm in the US. I have my subscription through PixelMags, which was a mistake. I won't renew it there. I have not yet had a response from PageSuite, the contact for the app. It's been days. I pinged them again and no luck. I'm not sure what to do except to go bother the magazine directly, which I certainly will.

@brownmane Just now I retested and found that the back issues have appeared. You have to redownload them all. Still no September issue.

@brownmane Just now I retested and found that the back issues have appeared. You have to redownload them all. Still no September issue.
I just looked at my iPad app and have lost all previous downloads. Wish I had read the September issue beforehand:rolleyes: because, yep it’s disappeared. Are we going to be behind as much as we were when getting the paper copy? Six weeks behind the release?

It’s the 21st century. Even Buck Rogers beat us to it.

Not sure how relevant this is to the iPad problems above, but Kindle access to new issues has now ended, so I renewed my subscription via the FT Magazine app on Google Play - the latest issue isn't there yet, the current issue is displaying as the cover of #434, listed as August 2023 with the "You Only Live Twice" headline (on my Kindle, this is listed as the July issue), but issue 435 is listed as September 2023, but buried in the past issues and displaying the "Wicca Woman" headline - this is listed as the August issue on my Kindle. I'll just have to wait and see if a new issue appears on the FT app eventually...

Last edited:
Replacement copies arrived recently (August and September issues). I still do not understand what happens to the lost magazines. I also wonder how the regular issue arrive (maybe) after more than four weeks, but the replacement after three days.

@brownmane Checked now and the September issue has appeared. (Maybe my persistence worked! Or maybe it just took a week. Glad it’s all back.

Replacement copies arrived recently (August and September issues). I still do not understand what happens to the lost magazines. I also wonder how the regular issue arrive (maybe) after more than four weeks, but the replacement after three days.
That always happened to me when I had the paper sub. Most of my lost issues never arrived.

Hello, does anyone know if we can still renew paper subscriptions online? Had a reminder recently but it seemed the old portal had gone, replaced with a work hours phone number or a form with a cheque.
Thanks in advance.

Hello, does anyone know if we can still renew paper subscriptions online? Had a reminder recently but it seemed the old portal had gone, replaced with a work hours phone number or a form with a cheque.
Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure where you are in the world, but here's their subscription site:

https://subscribe.forteantimes.com/subscriptions/

You just need your account number to renew. It should be fairly straightforward (we have no "crossed fingers" emoji).

I'm in the U.S.A.

Two years ago I renewed late on line and actually couldn't log in as a current subscriber. I was charged more that I was expecting. I thought it was because I was late, but I later found out it was £25.49 more than the advertised U.S. rate. A lengthy email exchange with someone in the subscription department resulted in nothing.

Last year I paid what I believe was the correct price.

I recently received the letter that said it was time to renew, and it listed U.K., Europe, and rest of the world rates. Today I went on line to renew and was amazed to see that I was offered the "Europe" rate, £9.00 less than the rest of the world rate. Maybe if this holds up for another two years I'll be ahead.

I wonder if some AI is responsible for setting the price.

Back