• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

I just got 412, which is the December issue! Hopefully the delivery continues to be this good. I don't usually get mine in the month that it is released. Hopefully something was changed re: international shipping, since they sent out the inquiry emails earlier in the year.

I just got 412, which is the December issue! Hopefully the delivery continues to be this good. I don't usually get mine in the month that it is released. Hopefully something was changed re: international shipping, since they sent out the inquiry emails earlier in the year.
Maybe Fortean could start delivering washing machines as well?

I just tried to access the renewal page at IMS (US subscriptions) and got an error. FT does not seem to be in their offerings any more. Anyone have any insight?

Diamond Publishing is a components of the Metropolis Group. The Metropolis Group website notes their acquisition of FT, Cyclist and Viz in late December 2021. None of these 3 publications is listed among the Metropolis brands (yet).

This leads me to believe Diamond / Metropolis are still in the process of getting their public face updated to reflect the acquisitions.

The IMS News connection to FT cites "Fortean Times Holdings LLC" as the relevant party rather than Dennis Publishing or Broadleaf. It's conceivable this FT Holdings entity is the party to whatever distribution contracting was in effect with IMS.

I can't tell what's what or what's going on. It may simply be transition chaos.

So it looks like FT will be handling its own overseas subscriptions, including the U.S. - the link for U.S. subscriptions on their website now allows all international destinations. The downside is you can only subscribe for a year if you choose U.S., and payment is only in pounds sterling. I don't know if any of my credit cards doesn't charge a steep premium for foreign currency. The link for renewals, rather than new subs with a start date, isn't working properly, so I guess I can wait a while.

So it looks like FT will be handling its own overseas subscriptions, including the U.S. - the link for U.S. subscriptions on their website now allows all international destinations. The downside is you can only subscribe for a year if you choose U.S., and payment is only in pounds sterling. I don't know if any of my credit cards doesn't charge a steep premium for foreign currency. The link for renewals, rather than new subs with a start date, isn't working properly, so I guess I can wait a while.
The exchange rate charged to your card, afaik, already has the extra factored in. If you really want to :pop: check out exchange rate between CDN $ and £. Lol. I still feel the magazine is worth it.

The exchange rate charged to your card, afaik, already has the extra factored in. If you really want to :pop: check out exchange rate between CDN $ and £. Lol. I still feel the magazine is worth it.
I know the exchange rate on credit cards is high, but many charge 2-5% over that as well. I just found out one of mine doesn't -two if you count Discover, which I don't think they take.

The web site now says all overseas subscribers should get their copies within 3 weeks of release. We shall see.
I have been getting my issues since December, which I know is not a big sample, earlier than at the 6-8 weeks they were arriving before. They have actually arrived in the month the issue has been released.

I did wonder at the change but then read here of the ownership change

Just got the Christmas issue today.

I live in the US, and just got Christmas 2021. I emailed the new distributors and they responded by telling me they would look into my subscription and get back to me in about 6 weeks.

I just got December 2021! So excited. Maybe the new distributors are improving delivery to the US.

Just got 415 in the U.S., meaning the pre-COVID timing of 4-6 weeks after release seems to be almost back.

Still having issues with delivery to Australia. Last one I received was #420 months ago, so I'm 3-4 behind, have emailed Metropolis again.

Is there a website we can manage our subscription through? The last one I had doesn't work since the change in ownership.

Still having issues with delivery to Australia. Last one I received was #420 months ago, so I'm 3-4 behind, have emailed Metropolis again.
Is there a website we can manage our subscription through? The last one I had doesn't work since the change in ownership.

I don't know whether the online login, etc., works in the UK, but it certainly doesn't work for overseas subscribers.

I had to abandon trying to use the online portal and send a pointed email to:

[email protected]

... just to get a message advising me of my current subscription's expiration date.

Just now I've tested the password reset routine at the online portal. It doesn't have any effect - the new password is rejected just like the earlier one.

I'm in Canada and was just last night thinking about what my last issue received was. It is 420. I think subscribers in any other country seem to be really behind in current issues.

I actually had better timing with my subscription in the midst of the pandemic. Go figure?

So issue #421 just arrived, 3 months after UK subscribers got theirs. The login linked by Stu Neville did work and I have plenty to go on my subscription.

Sent an email to Metropolis a week ago and have had no reply, not even an automated acknowledgment.

Heard back from Metropolis, here is part of their reply:

Myself and our subscriptions manager have been in discussions with our Production Director as we are receiving problems with other customers from different countries who are not receiving their issues.

The magazines are being dispatched timeously. We are trying to investigate whether the problem lays with our mailing partners or with customs.

So issue #421 just arrived, 3 months after UK subscribers got theirs. The login linked by Stu Neville did work and I have plenty to go on my subscription.

Sent an email to Metropolis a week ago and have had no reply, not even an automated acknowledgment.

I received both #421 & #422 on the same day this week. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to how or when they're posted anymore.

Back