• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

And once again I am 3 issues behind in Australia. The last issue I actually received as part of my subscription was #420 in July 2022. Since then I have had to email the customer service team for a replacement for every issue (I wait until I'm three issues behind and then contact them). This is so frustrating for me and needlessly expensive for the publisher. Whatever they are paying for shipment to Australia I hope they are getting a refund, because it just isn't happening.

And once again I am 3 issues behind in Australia. The last issue I actually received as part of my subscription was #420 in July 2022. Since then I have had to email the customer service team for a replacement for every issue (I wait until I'm three issues behind and then contact them). This is so frustrating for me and needlessly expensive for the publisher. Whatever they are paying for shipment to Australia I hope they are getting a refund, because it just isn't happening.
I know @Dinobot is still waiting for several of his to arrive, mostly since about September 2022....

I just renewed my subscription changing to digital format for that reason. I get the replacements and then, maybe, one subsequent issue before I get nothing.

Can't imagine where all of these lost issues go to.

I just had a notification from Amazon that it will be discontinuing Kindle magazine subscriptions from September, with refunds for any issues beyond that.

Anyone (like me) who is subscribed via Kindle will have to switch to purchasing their digital subscription direct from the publisher, in whatever format that may be.

Last edited:
I just renewed my subscription changing to digital format for that reason. I get the replacements and then, maybe, one subsequent issue before I get nothing.

Can't imagine where all of these lost issues go to.
I know @Dinobot is still waiting for several of his to arrive, mostly since about September 2022....
I know there were strikes in the British postal service, and bad weather, but surely peoples magazines would have arrived by now? That's the point of a subscription...

When should I start worrying about the April issue not turning up?

I usually get them several days before the date shown on the last page and I don't think there's been a strike lately.

I just had a notification from Amazon that it will be discontinuing Kindle magazine subscriptions from September, with refunds for any issues beyond that.

Anyone (like me) who is subscribed via Kindle will have to switch to purchasing their digital subscription direct from the publisher, in whatever format that may be.
The Fortean Times app is not bad. The only thing I wish it would allow is font and screen sizing. The "full" screen is too small and I have to adjust the size manually (on cell phone). Then I have to move the page around just to read it. That is awkward.

When should I start worrying about the April issue not turning up?

I usually get them several days before the date shown on the last page and I don't think there's been a strike lately.
I only got mine on Friday, so I'm guessing there's a hold up somewhere.

My original copy of #426 Christmas 2022 has turned up in today's mail.
For some reason it has gone from the UK to Australia via Sweden!
That's where mine were sent from for Canada. I recently renewed for online subscription since the physical subscription constantly gets lost as soon as they send my replacement copies - by that, I mean that I receive the replacements, but any following issues don't show.

I'm not able to download the latest issue on my ipad. It's telling me "Unable to verify your purchase. There was a problem with the authorisation service." My subscription is still valid until March of next year.

Now I'm getting "NO CONNECTION" on the app. Something is really messed up. Anyone else having this problem? Still no response from emailing [email protected]

Now I'm getting "NO CONNECTION" on the app. Something is really messed up. Anyone else having this problem? Still no response from emailing [email protected]
I just tried to download an older issue, and yes, I get the same messages.

Now I screwed up my app subscription because I deleted the app to reinstall, but don't have my account info on me:doh:.
I thought I'd try to see if there was an update to the app but now can't because I don't have my sign in.

Some days, that's just my life.

This has resolved. It was an authentication server error from Apple. I'd suggest that if you have a digital subscription, you not get it through Apple but directly through Diamond publishing. Because the publisher didn't have a record of my subscription and couldn't help me fix the issue. When I renew, I'll do it a different way.

This has resolved. It was an authentication server error from Apple. I'd suggest that if you have a digital subscription, you not get it through Apple but directly through Diamond publishing. Because the publisher didn't have a record of my subscription and couldn't help me fix the issue. When I renew, I'll do it a different way.
I think the app itself has was not working for a day. I do have my sub directly from the publisher and as I mentioned upthread, I got the same error.

I opened the app this morning and just had to sign in (after getting my sub acct info). Everything works.

I think the app itself has was not working for a day. I do have my sub directly from the publisher and as I mentioned upthread, I got the same error.

I opened the app this morning and just had to sign in (after getting my sub acct info). Everything works.
Yeah, the app was also being stupid for me too. I was getting two different errors. I'm glad you got access back. I'm wondering if I switch to the publishers' subscription platform in a few months if the app will still show all the issues I previously downloaded?

Yeah, the app was also being stupid for me too. I was getting two different errors. I'm glad you got access back.

Because I deleted the app, thinking this might fix the problem, I lost my downloads, but now that I'm back in the app, I can redownload them.
I'm wondering if I switch to the publishers' subscription platform in a few months if the app will still show all the issues I previously downloaded?
I would think you can, though having an Apple account, you would probably have to sign into that account to see the ones subscribed via Apple.

I am able to download issues which I had for my magazine subscription, but that is because I switched to digital via publisher.

I try not to have subs of anything through Apple, but directly from whomever the app has been designed for. If anything happens, I can contact the provider directly. I like to keep the middleman out as much as possible.

Last edited:
The May issue has arrived. Guess the one for June will be here in about three weeks. Overseas...

Once again I’m 4 issues behind. I can’t remember the last issue that I actually received in a timely fashion. Can’t be good for FT either, paying for two copies and twice the postage to get me one copy of each issue.

Once again I’m 4 issues behind. I can’t remember the last issue that I actually received in a timely fashion. Can’t be good for FT either, paying for two copies and twice the postage to get me one copy of each issue.
I just have the digital issues now. Though I did just receive my April issue this month. I never received anything between January issue and this one.

I have no idea where any of their mailed issues go to. I've had the majority of my paper issues never arrive during the couple of years (4) I subscribed. I always got the replacements, but never duplicates ie the original arriving. Only during the pandemic did I receive issues fairly regularly. Go figure:dunno:

I updated the ipad subscription app to Fortean Times today. It said it was a major upgrade and it was. But maybe not in a good way.

1. I used to have all the issues on my ipad from when I began digital subscriptions over two years ago. They no longer show up. Only the issues back to Christmas 2022 show up. About a year's worth. I'm really disappointing in that.

2. I was in the middle of the September issue when I upgraded. The new app only shows the August issue, not the September. It is ALREADY September, what is the deal? I am really perturbed about that. Am I not going to get issues in a timely manner?

I have sent feedback to the email provided in the app. Sure, it's a bit snazzier but I feel cheated.

Wonder if anyone is having a similar experience.

I updated the ipad subscription app to Fortean Times today. It said it was a major upgrade and it was. But maybe not in a good way.

1. I used to have all the issues on my ipad from when I began digital subscriptions over two years ago. They no longer show up. Only the issues back to Christmas 2022 show up. About a year's worth. I'm really disappointing in that.

2. I was in the middle of the September issue when I upgraded. The new app only shows the August issue, not the September. It is ALREADY September, what is the deal? I am really perturbed about that. Am I not going to get issues in a timely manner?

I have sent feedback to the email provided in the app. Sure, it's a bit snazzier but I feel cheated.

Wonder if anyone is having a similar experience.
I have the ipad app. Try deleting and reinstalling the app, Sharon. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

The current September issue is out and available on the app.

Add on: I don't know about having the earlier digital issues as I have only gone digital this year. Perhaps you'll get a response from your email. I do know that the subscription service for downloading earlier issues is supposed to be available if you had an active subscription for the issues you want.

Maybe just reinstalling the app will allow you to do that. Fingers crossed

I have the ipad app. Try deleting and reinstalling the app, Sharon. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

The current September issue is out and available on the app.

Add on: I don't know about having the earlier digital issues as I have only gone digital this year. Perhaps you'll get a response from your email. I do know that the subscription service for downloading earlier issues is supposed to be available if you had an active subscription for the issues you want.

Maybe just reinstalling the app will allow you to do that. Fingers crossed
Unfortunately, that didn’t help

Back