• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

ouijaouija555: Have you contacted the subs people?

I've always found them fast, efficient and helpful. They should be able to srot the problem out.

The info is in the first post of this thread.

I forgot to update. David Sutton, being the gentleman he is, replied immediately, and forwarded my problems to Laura Scarbrough,
Senior Subscription Executive. The missed issues have been replaced.

I also emailed the Board of Directors at Dennis, asking why they seem determined to alienate the North American market. No reply so far.

The only conclusion I can reach is that FT is run by decent folks, who in turn work for absolute jackasses.

So, if you take your complaints to FT itself, be gentle. If you decide to tackle Dennis, well, let your conscience be your guide there.

Added note: Received FT 203 on Friday, Ocotber 28. Maybe the subscription problems are being ironed out.

I've had to ring the subs department for the last 2 months and this month's issue (203) still hasn't arrived. To be honest, when I pay to have a magazine delivered I expect it to be delivered (and not by a bloody milkman!). I am a long time reader and fan of FT but I don't accept poor service from anyone. Maybe they don't want our money any more?

Issue 203 was the last one to arrive via normal mail. Had to complain, and got 204 and 205 sent via Fedex. I think that I've gotten three issues in the last year without having to complain to someone.

If the cover price hadn't been jacked up to $10 an issue, I'd just settle for trying to get a copy at the book store.

me too. i'm beginning to wonder. ft subscription system sucks, ft website posting system sucks, one wonders.

Finding it around here is extremely hit and miss, so I'd love to sub, but am really thinking it's not such a good idea. :( Any Canadian subscribers care to share their experiences?

Much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't suggest a subscription to anyone here in the US or Canada. The problem seems to originate in the UK.

If you have a problem with your subscription, check out Subsinfo. You'll need the eight digit code from an FT mailing label to log in.

Still no 204. When I spoke to subs person yesterday, she told me to wait aweek, then call back, " its not just you, all US mags are running late".

I just spoke to the U.S. subs people yet again. She told me that issues 204, 205, and 206 will not be sent. All subs extended by three issues. Would any one on this side of the pond like to rent aboat make torches and storm the Dennis Castle? :evil:

Just got 204, 205, and 206, didnt really expect them , based on past experience with other publishers. Thanks to everyone I spoke to or emailed.

Really really bad

I am about to have a subscription problem with all of my Dennis magazines, that is to say I am going to cancel the lot if this forum does not get more user friendly AND more welcoming to newbies!

Where's my copy of FT?

My copy of FT usually arrives in the post really early in the month, the new one hasn't come through yet.

Should I start worrying about it being lost or is it still too early for that?

----Zoltan

if the magazine hasn't arrived within 7 days of someone posting that they have receievd their copy then chase up the subs dept.

and they'll send you an automatic reply e-mail (4 days later) directing you to a website that asks for the information you've already given in the original e-mail.

(nb this is what has happened to me this month)

hopefully you'll get a replacement in due course.

I'd like to give a gift subscription to a friend who lives overseas. Unfortunately, although you can take out an overseas subscription for yourself, the gift subscription form only permits it if both you and the recipient live in the UK!

Is there a way around this?

Quake42 said:
Bump - can anyone help????
You could try filling in the recepients details in the Overseas form and then just paying on your card.

That should work. :)

Have you phoned the subs people?

The form is by its nature inflexible but they might be able to sort it out with a few key strokes.

It must be an FT thing.

I emailed my other Dennis subscription at the same time as the FT peeps to say that I am off and wish to no longer darken their doors. The former replied promptly and all is well, yet the FT system generated an error email and made me fill out forms!

Hotel California or a Magazine?

I shall give it time, years of subscribing has taught me patience.

Aargh! :furious: What is the problem with subsinfo? How do they manage to foul up the delivery of every single issue of FT!!!?????

I still haven't recieved issue 211, their last excuse was that the Royal Mail had told them that I don't live at my address, I mean :wtf:

Unbelievable!
Subsinfo have just claimed that the bank wrote to them and cancelled the direct debit for my subscription even though it's still active on the bank account.
To top things off, they refused to send issue 211 even though it's been paid for.
I mean for F***s sake, what's the problem with getting a subscription sorted out, it can't be that difficult to take a payment and send a magazine in the post!!!!! :furious:

I didn't recieve my FT this month, so I sent Subs an e-mail tonight, was directed to a page that didn't answer my question or help at all, so I clicked the "Further Assistance" button and got this message:

Thank You For Using the FAQ System
We hope you found the answer you were looking for whilst browsing the FAQs. If not, then perhaps you would like to send in a ticket.

Can someone explain how this is "further assistance"?

Phone them up, I managed to get an apology for messing up my subscription, although I still haven't recieved issue 212.

Thanks, I did phone them up and once the woman on the line understood my accent she said they'd send me out a replacement. Hasn't arrived yet, though, maybe it's going 2nd class. My advice is not to e-mail them at all.

I see that the FT part of the SubsInfo website is still broken - page not found errors when the renewal link is followed. Reported the issue to them this time last week but they still haven't got back to me and the problem remains.

My subscription ended with 213 so it looks like I'll be relying upon my newsagent until they get their act together.

Perhaps someone from the mag could chase this up as they're clearly not paying any bloody attention to me.

PB

Hi

The subs team have just emailed me about this - they have fixed the link and you should be able to renew online now

Sorry for the hassle it's caused you

Alistair

.. and yet, when I actually come to renew, I now find that the site won't accept the Offer Code that I had received by post (RNA 0609). Tried it with and without the internal space, but no joy either way. Wasn't really too bothered about the mouse mat, so I used the "Renew UK Subscription" button instead and this appears to have worked.

The way this is going I'll be happy enough to receive the mags, never mind the free gift.

Dovetail? More like Pig's Ear on the evidence so far.

PB

Back