• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Subscription Problems

I just got my December (is that 398?) at beginning of Feb. One issue, I can't remember which, never arrived even when I contacted the publisher and they said another was being sent out.
I had quicker delivery when the whole world was in lockdown last year. And I mean that it was quicker than regular every day (olden times now) delivery.

I haven't had any since 398.
2F19372700000578-3347854-image-m-13_1449367338299.jpg

I received no 400 today. I rang the newsagent as I didn't get 399( or 397) . He said he'd see if he could find a copy and drop it around.
I'm still waiting. I asked if I needed to send more money for the subscriptions but he said there was plenty left so maybe I haven't been charged for the ones I've missed the last year.

Well, I just got off the phone with IMS. They seemed to think I should have received #400, so I guess my copy is gone. They didn't have any replacements, but they offered me immediate shipment of 402 and 403 (which I also haven't received my regular copies of) and a one issue extension of my sub.

It's off to the Fortean Exchange to see if anyone can supply me with a copy of 400.

(Edited to correct issue numbers.)

Like others, #397, #398, #399 and #401 all turned up in within a matter of days. #403 was in today's mail, but still no sign of #400 or #402. I also notice there is no free access via the app anymore.

I've emailed Dennis to enquire about the missing two issues.

Anyone else having problems with the new paper envelope that FT is delivered in?
My last two issues have had the envelope torn along with the mag - this never happened with the old plastic envelope.

Did anyone else receive an email from Dennis a few days ago about a survey to see when overseas subscribers are receiving are receiving their "latest copy"? I just visited my P.O. Box for the first time in about a week and a half to find numbers 404 and 405 waiting for me. I went to fill out the survey and found out they were asking about number 407!

I have to say I'm confused by the way US and Canada subscriptions are handled. I think it works like this: The wrapped, postage paid, and addressed magazines are apparently shipped to North America in bulk, where they are then sent to the Post Office. (Mine are mailed from Jamaica, NY, which is quite nearby. Are other subscribers' copies sent out from other locations?) At the same time, I believe IMS gets a bulk shipment of unaddressed copies so they can help if a copy gets lost in the mail, etc.

Here's what I don't understand: As I mentioned at the time, IMS sent me replacement copies of 402 and 403 in March, and they got to me in about a week. But I then got my regular 403 much later - around the beginning of June. (I don't recall if my regular 402 ever showed up.) So how is it that copies of the magazine are in the hands of the subscription service three months before they are mailed out domestically?

I'm not complaining, just curious.

I'm still waiting for the current issue, which might turn up this week, unless I just jinxed myself by saying that!

Did anyone else receive an email from Dennis a few days ago about a survey to see when overseas subscribers are receiving are receiving their "latest copy"? I just visited my P.O. Box for the first time in about a week and a half to find numbers 404 and 405 waiting for me. I went to fill out the survey and found out they were asking about number 407!
I'm also in the USA, and I'm also confused about the survey.

The survey is clearly configured to track receipt of issue 407. The very first item on the survey is to select issue 407 as the "latest" issue to which the subsequent questions pertain.

I don't know when I might receive issue 407.

I recently received issue 405, which was in my mailbox as of 25 June. It could have been sitting there for up to 7 - 10 days.

Issue 405 was packaged in a new way. All previous issues had arrived in a transparent wrapper / sheath. Issue 405 arrived in an opaque white plastic mailer envelope. Both the old and new packaging showed Jamaica NY as the sender location.

I don't know what significance there may be for the change in packaging.

My 404, which was there when I picked up 405, was also in the white paper. I'm a bit amused by the labeling, which still identifies the wrapper as "film" and says to recycle at a store, not kerbside. But maybe that's clue - paper is more recyclable.

Did anyone else receive an email from Dennis a few days ago about a survey to see when overseas subscribers are receiving are receiving their "latest copy"? I just visited my P.O. Box for the first time in about a week and a half to find numbers 404 and 405 waiting for me. I went to fill out the survey and found out they were asking about number 407! ...
Although the survey announcement email was signed by a person associated with Dennis, the email came fron IMSNews service (the distributor).

I've emailed IMS to request clarification whether they want us subscribers to respond *now* regarding last issue received versus *later* (not until Issue 407 shows up).

If I get any response I'll post the info here.

I got the same email informing me, as I understand, that 407 has been sent and that I am asked to reply when I receive it.

My editions usually take 6 weeks, and ironically, during the first lockdown, I got it earlier than usual. Now it seems to be back to slower delivery time. The cover postage sheet identifies as Sweden being where it is mailed from?

I got the same email informing me, as I understand, that 407 has been sent and that I am asked to reply when I receive it.

My editions usually take 6 weeks, and ironically, during the first lockdown, I got it earlier than usual. Now it seems to be back to slower delivery time. The cover postage sheet identifies as Sweden being where it is mailed from?
You're in Canada, and your magazines are sent from Sweden? :confused:

From 30 June ...
Did anyone else receive an email from Dennis a few days ago about a survey to see when overseas subscribers are receiving are receiving their "latest copy"? ...
I received a second such email from IMSNews on Friday (8 October).

Has anyone else received a second delivery survey email?

I got one the same day. I assume they want me to tell them when the next issue arrives, since the last one was some time ago.

Say, @EnolaGaia, did you get 409 yet?
Issue 408 is the latest one for which I can confirm receipt. However ... I don't check mail all that often, so there's an outside chance it's arrived and I haven't picked it up yet.

Issue 408 is the latest one for which I can confirm receipt. However ... I don't check mail all that often, so there's an outside chance it's arrived and I haven't picked it up yet.
Same here. I guess it's better they think they're a little later than they actually are!

I've emailed IMS to request clarification whether they want us subscribers to respond *now* regarding last issue received versus *later* (not until Issue 407 shows up).
If I get any response I'll post the info here.
Just for the record ...

I never received a response to my email inquiry, so I never confirmed whether we were supposed to report receipt of the 'last' versus the 'next' issue.

In about April I rang the newsagent to say I had got 802 but not the one before. I haven't had any since and presumed it was because of covid. Had a bill from them this week so rang and have cancelled, just keeping another weekly magazine as I think I've been charged for both although the money I paid was supposed to last till November.
Mind you, I don't think their maths is over good as when I asked how much to pay for a year of the other magazine he suggested $200 and said it would last till 2023. I told him that would only be for one year but gave up trying to explain.
It was easier when it was done locally. Guess when things open up again I will have to find a newsagent that sells it.

Yes I did receive a second email survey recently. I wrote the end of August that I hadn’t yet received 406. They were quick to reply and I got issues 406, 407 within 2 weeks of my email. Subsequently, I got 408, 409 and 410 at the beginning of October! Lots of reading to do.

The email survey came the day after receiving the most recent issue. Oddly, these mailings came directly from UK, so I don’t know how that works as I figured that the mail travel time from UK to Canada seemed to be 5 days. My usual mailing is stamped as Sweden and normally takes 6 weeks from release of issue.

Back