• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggest Improvements To The Fortean Times

I will draw your attention to the mag's online survey asking for reader opinions: It'll be open until roughly the end of March. It's fairly detailed, and genuinely wants to know what you think. So tell them!

Relevant post here.

I think the magazine should go back to the old school banner, it looks much more classy and refined.

46892.png

New Survey 2023​

Here is a link to the new survey for Fortean Times. Contribute your opinions:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ftsurvey23
Oddly enough, this came up on my FB feed and I ignored it completely - as the chances are that seeing this sort of thing on Facebook, it's 95% likely to be a phishing trip, a scam, or sharp practice (people popping up from nowhere, demanding personal info - yeah, right).

So advertising this on FB means it could be a counter-productive exercise as the first association with online surveys there - is SCAM.

Last edited:
I will be very disappointed in anybody who didn't answer that question with "yes"
Me:). I debated, but then my slightly paranoid thoughts made me say "no". I wondered if it was a way to spot bots or fake reviews as I would assume bots would pick "yes" simply because it is the first choice.

Don't blame me. I grew up in a school system that regularly encouraged teachers to put trick questions in a test so I learned to second guess everything. Even now in tests such as those used to qualify in First Aid. I cannot not second guess.

I answered the "are you a ghost" question with YES, anyway - I was disappointed there was nowhere to qualify the answer with "I'm a ghost who at the moment is trapped in a material body and waiting to transition" or else "It's just a matter of time..."

I completed the survey: wow, that was a comprehensive & detailed scan of the participant (that's not a criticism in the least, just an inescapable comment).

Some fascinating and frightning implications arise when trying to second-guess what resultant corporate plans might emerge from this.

Will the shape / content / style be democratically-driven, radically & reformatively? If so, I hope most people have responded much like me : "I rather love it as it is, don't break it, only tweak it if you must!".

And if there are polls for the concept of The Unconvention....shall it rise again?

Back