• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suggestions About Re-Organisation: Move & Merge Requests

A big drop in board activity this week-end, no doubt because of the latest board problems. Newbies and infrequent visitors are probably baffled by the "No posts exist for this topic" messages, and even those of us who know how to hack through the nonsense just can't be bothered half the time.

Another Friday afternoon job... :evil:

Same here. I've tried and I can't get those threads to work. :(

I must admit I thought it was fixed this evening, but nope, Chat is still afflicted.

Recycled1 said:
Still can't get into "WTF" in "Chat".
That's one of the worst ones - atm, the last THREE pages listed return "No posts exist for this topic"! This means you can only get in on page one, and then have to step forward a few pages at a time until you reach the latest postings! WTF! indeed... :evil:

You can post there by clicking Reply on any page, however - but you won't be able to see your post without a lot of work, because the dreaded "No posts exist for this topic" shields it! (There's probably a few of my posts there with uncorrected typos now... :oops: ) The quickest way to check it is to search on any distinctive keyword you know you used, plus your username. An 'orrible 'assle, up with which we will not put! :twisted:

At the bottom of each page there's a box that says oldest first, change it to newest first then you get the last post in that thread.

Ronson8 said:
At the bottom of each page there's a box that says oldest first, change it to newest first then you get the last post in that thread.
Interesting! Never had need of that before.

Meanwhile, the Bird Brains thread has succumbed....

..and it only has two (real) pages! :shock:

Only 2 email notifs this morning, and New Posts only turned up one more thread...

And still the "no posts exist.." problem persists, after more than a week.
The MB is becoming a Heath Robinson contraption, held together by sticking plaster and string, only usable at all by a number of ad hoc workarounds. Soon people are going to need a degree in computer science to come here at all... :evil:

We are all mushrooms... :(

I notice some of the dreaded "No Posts Exist" pages are turning back into pages with posts on them. Could the board be doing some magical self-healing?

Probably so many members got pissed off that they're not bothering to log on so it got the chance to catch up. :D :D

Ronson8 said:
Hm, that just brings up the usual no posts nonsense.
Drat and double-drat!

You need to search for Moon landing - Hoaxed? and go to P. 37 - it's the second to last post (ATM).

Blimey, I see what you mean, can someone pm Tangram and tell him how to create a link?

OK, the techies think they've found the problem. They'll have to take the MB down for a short while to install the fix. Timing is to be confirmed, but it'll be sooner rather than later, so don't be alarmed if it all vanishes for a bit.

I've posted this message to the "Huh? What does that mean?" thread as well.

gncxx said:
Looks like it's fixed! Well done everyone.
I've been out all day, so haven't had a chance to notice any change...

Wait one...

Well, a quick test of two previously infected threads shows no problem now. :D

(And that only took about ten days to sort out out... :roll: )

It's possible that you might want to think about merging this thread with the more general "Gorno" thread in the Fortean Culture section. Or you might not, as it's not been touched for nearly 3 years!

Back