• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suicidal Swedish Super-Strength Sisters (Eriksson Twins)

Here's a question for you.
2 people are born within moments of each other, in the same place, to the same mother and father, and they are identical (either brother and sister, or brothers, or sisters) and yet they are NOT twins. How is this?

Is this a riddle?

Edit: very good, Aunty Snail.

Escargot got it.
And yes it is a sort of riddle.
There was a case (IIRC) of two people entering some kind of contest (I think a race) for 'twins' but they were disqualified because they weren't twins but two of 3 triplets.

This vlog - courtesy of Peaked Interest - is the most balanced and informed contribution that I've come across on this case. The commentator explains the actions of both the police and the judges (to my satisfaction at least). His explanation for the sister's behaviour falls on amphetamine abuse leading to psychotic episodes - and he accounts for how this could have not been detected:

I must say though - of all the incidents chewed over on this site this one has to be the most solidly `Fortean`. By this I don't mean that I necessarily subscribe to the rogue supersoldier conspiracy explanations (although the case seems to beg for them) but just that the whole thing represents an extremely unusual combination of events.

Also, of course, we must never forget that at the core of it all is a terrible, terrible tragedy: the violent death of a well-intended man.

A strange event happened recently with the 23 year old female Lee twins in Canterbury. Told the Police they were going to top themselves and went to a local petrol station, poured petrol on themselves and only failed when their lighter didn't ignite. They had 80 offences between them, so any intervention they may have had doesn't appear to have worked. A cry for help I suspect.

Actual footage of the Eriksson sisters deliberately running into motorway traffic.
After serving just 3 years of her sentence for stabbing a man to death, Sabina Eriksson was released and has apparently subsequently dropped off the radar. At the trial, her defence argued for mitigating circumstances that " she was a secondary sufferer of folie à deux (a madness of two), and was influenced by her twin sister. " Ursula is apparently living uneventfully now somewhere in the USA.

Actual footage of the Eriksson sisters deliberately running into motorway traffic.
After serving just 3 years of her sentence for stabbing a man to death, Sabina Eriksson was released and has apparently subsequently dropped off the radar. At the trial, her defence argued for mitigating circumstances that " she was a secondary sufferer of folie à deux (a madness of two), and was influenced by her twin sister. " Ursula is apparently living uneventfully now somewhere in the USA.

this is just horrific. The poor drivers and emergency people :(

I can't be arsed to check but I'm fairly certain that that footage was initially posted 'upthread' already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back