• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Superheroes: Has Anybody Tried It For Real?

It's Stu's avatar but I've seen it in many places - notably on Nitrateville.

They can't all be him!

Poop Knife? Well he cuts through the brown stuff! :oops:

I would add that, last time I was up at the Oval queueing to get in for an evening 20/20 match, I saw a guy weaving in and out of the London traffic on one of those electric unicycles. They do not strike me as the safest form of personal transport.
Hopefully Ringpull Man's costume cushioned the fall a bit when he was sent flying by an inattentive motorist.

I wondered what Ringpull Man's super power might be and then read that he collects ringpulls for charity. I didn't think they made cans with separate ringpulls anymore.

Or does he send off the whole can? Enquiring minds need to know.

Ringpull Man is aware that riding around on a unicycle as a superhero is rather inconspicuous and is working on it."
:D

You may cut him down, but a dozen more will take his place!

I don't know how to properly link anything on my phone, but apparently real life superhero and former FT cover star Phoenix Jones was arrested some months ago for selling ecstasy...

I don't know how to properly link anything on my phone, but apparently real life superhero and former FT cover star Phoenix Jones was arrested some months ago for selling ecstasy...
Here is the article: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...nix-jones-charged-after-undercover-drug-bust/
Ben Fodor’s alter ego, Phoenix Jones, was the leader of the city’s Rain City Superhero Movement and would don a black and gold costume — with a mask and fake six-pack abs — and insert himself into incidents of street violence, once dousing a group of people with pepper spray to break up a fight Seattle police later said wasn’t a fight at all.

In recent years, Phoenix Jones largely disappeared from Seattle streets and his nocturnal crime-fighting went dark. But Fodor’s name resurfaced last year when two confidential witnesses told a Seattle police-narcotics detective that Fodor was a drug dealer, with one of them expressing disbelief that he hadn’t yet been caught, court records show.

Fodor, 31, and his 26-year-old girlfriend, Andrea Berendsen, were arrested on Jan. 9, but were released from jail on Jan. 11, pending further investigation by police, jail and court records show.

On Monday, Fodor was charged with two counts of violation of the uniform control substances act (VUCSA): The first charge is for allegedly selling MDMA — a street drug known as Ecstasy or Molly — to an undercover agent in November, delivering the drugs in a paper bag to a downtown Starbucks. The second charge alleges he showed up at a Seattle hotel with Berendsen in January with cocaine they thought they were selling to a group of women. Berendsen, of Edmonds, has been charged with one count of VUCSA.

Little Rock Arkansas has a Scottish superhero who "avoids the limelight" but has a facebook page...

Local superhero ShadowVision vows to take down the Little Rock slasher​

BY
Austin Bailey

ON
May 7, 202112:04 pm
17 Comments

For eight years now, ShadowVision has walked among us. Did you not know? That’s to be expected. ShadowVision stays quiet. He avoids the limelight. But he wants the River Cities to take some comfort in knowing he’s always on duty.
ShadowVision stepped out of the shadows this week to issue a public challenge to the serial stabber blamed for three deaths and one violent attack in the past year. All attacks happened in the wee hours in a section of midtown Little Rock south of I-630.
ADVERTISEMENT
“I know that the serial stabber is keeping a eye on my page here,” ShadowVision wrote on Facebook. “So this is a threat to you when i find you i will show you what i do to serial killers. I am hunting you right now.”
A quiet presence on the streets but a Facebook phenom, ShadowVision has 4,444 fans, and classifies his page as “community service.” His service record is impressive, but unverifiable. “I’ve stopped a couple of armed robberies. I’ve exterminated two serial killers.” We haven’t heard about those incidents, he said, simply because they happened long ago.
etc

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/...84W-My4BDII-HazvTxoxKbr85G64mDJjoS9Nw2XWF0aEo

The 'superheroes' catching drug dealers in Peru​

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-latin-america-63483024
--------------------------------------------------
Four Peruvian police officers disguised themselves as Marvel characters to carry out a drug raid in Peru.

Spiderman, Captain America, Thor and Black Widow took part in an operation dubbed "Marvel", which targeted a specific house in the San Juan de Lurigancho neighbourhood in Lima.

The police detained four people during the raid, after seizing 3,250 packages of cocaine paste, as well as bags of cocaine and cannabis.

If you recall the fellow early in the Real Life Superhero movement known (I think) as Axel Grinder Man, who removed car boots preventing them from driving off... here in my hometown, we've got The Boot Girls, masked TikTokers who are doing roughly the same thing. In their case, they are not cutting them off, but charging a reduced rate to unlock the cars with freely available master boot keys.

Back