• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Supernatural Experiences Around The Death Of A Loved One

fizzy55

Devoted Cultist
Apologies in advance for the long post, and this is being written by phone so the grammer and layout may be a bit lacking.
I've gone back and forth for months on if I should post about this. It's hard to tell some of it without telling all of it and some of it's just too personal, for me and for the other people concerned.
But I think there are many things that never get spoken about, even between the closest of people, because it's just too personal, the risk of ridicule or disbelief feels just too great, or it brings up emotions that are just to overwhelming so we stop mentioning it only to go on alone with our experience, unable to take it apart, examine it and discuss it with others who've experienced something similar.
I know there are others who have experienced something similar to me.
When my grandmother passed, I was a young girl and I remember hearing snippets of hushed conversation about her talking to people who wern't there in her hospital room, reaching out as if for someone prior to passing. Just the medication, of course.
When my grandfather claimed she had come back to visit him after the funeral and decorated the house for christmas in june because she had suggested it might cheer us all up, it was just the grief causing him to think he saw and heard these things, we thought.
When clocks stopped at the time of death of other family members, it was just coincidence.
And it could all be just a long stream of coincidence, along with everything that I experienced and I'm about to tell, but it affected me so profoundly, changed the way I saw things so much, that I need to tell it. I'm doing this for myself more than anything else, because I've held it in for months and I suddenly feel I can't anymore and I want to know others experiences too.
I remember the day it started. It was the day I began a thread on here telling of my experience at a sceance.
My mum called that night. She'd been to the hospital with a pain and what they'd found didn't look good.
I couldn't go in with her for her final diagnosis because of covid. They made me sit outside in the carpark while she went in alone.
Mum rang me and I listened to the doctor on speaker phone say we were looking at months. As I listened, I stared at the car parked in front of me. The last 3 letters of the licence plate spelled MUM. It took me back to when my dad passed and I left the hospital after saying goodbye and followed a car out of the carpark that spelt DAD in the same way. It had felt comforting then, as if the universe was telling me there was a plan to things. It didn't feel comforting that time.
When someone close to you is dying, the world seems to slow down and speed up simultaneously. Things that mattered so much before suddenly seem of little consequence. Things you barely registered before suddenly take on the greatest meaning. A smile, the touch of that persons hand is an emotional grenade, you want to hold on to it forever because it's slipping further away from your grasp with every moment.
You feel traumatised by what's happening, in a state of disbelief because they're here, with you and they can't be going anywhere, the doctors must be wrong. You don't know what to say to each other, you try to comfort each other but often you just gaze at each other, desperate to hold on.
You enter a different way of thinking. It's like you're underwater, or in a dream, every second an eternity and yet gone as soon as you try and grab on to it. And then it happens, they're gone and you stare at the place where they used to be in a state of mind there are no words for.
It was while I was in this state that most of this happened and I can only tell it all through my own interpretation. I just want to make sense of it. It was a series of incidents and I'll try to remember and to tell as throughly as I can, the parts I can.

My mum went into hospital and was allowed one visitor. She told me that in the night she kept feeling someone sitting down onto the bed beside her. She was in a side room by herself and there would be nobody there when she opened her eyes. She kept asking me where the music was coming from. There was no music playing. I asked her what it sounded like and she said
'Like flamenco music. Happy. Dancing.'

She came home and myself and a few of her friends cared for her during the final weeks. She fought her diagnosis to the end, believed she'd get better, even as we could all see she wasn't going to recover. It was the hardest time of my life.
She had her bed next to the window and kept asking who all the people were, gathering outside, looking in at her. There was nobody there. She said one of them had come in through the window and was stood behind her friend at the end of the bed. We asked who he was, she said she'd never seen him before. Of course, there was nobody there that any of us could see.
She insisted we answer the door to knocks nobody could hear. She said it wasn't fair to keep him waiting outside. He had been waiting to come in for a while, now. When we asked who this was, she named a family member that passed in 2014.
She wanted us to brush her hair because she had somewhere to be and wanted to be ready when it was time to go. There was going to be a party. She asked if I wanted to go with her, developed an obsession with knowing what time it was.

I was upstairs in the bathroom when I heard 3 hard knocks on the front door. I heard the door open and then close. When I went downstairs, friend asked if I'd heard somebody knocking. I said yes. They said there was nobody there when they'd opened the door. The street had been empty. We shrugged it away.
Later I was sat at mums bedside, she was asleep. Her 2 friends were sat behind me on the sofa. From under her bed came 3 loud knocks. I asked them to look under the bed, there was nothing there. One of them had heard the knocks, one of them hadn't.

My daughter went to stay with my mums friends son, so they could keep each other company while we cared for mum. They rang in the evening. The housephone kept ringing, but when they picked up there was nobody there. The phone was not one the family used, it was just to facilitate an internet connection. Mums friend said it had never rang before. She popped back, took the batteries out and put the handset in the cupboard.
We heard nothing from the kids for the rest of the night. The following morning, minutes after my daughter had left the house to go home, he rang his mum again. The phone was ringing from inside the cupboard. He didn't answer it.

The t.v searched for mums favorite songs by itself and played them while she lay drifting in and out of conciousness.

Minutes after I prayed for a sign that someone was watching over us one night my dads full name was spoken twice on the t.v by a character from mums favorite t.v show we had on as background noise for her to listen to. All in the house heard it.

Mum's night nurse came in one evening and said that as she was coming down the drive, approaching the front door she had encountered a purple ball of light, hovering in mid air. She later claimed to have seen the same thing above mums bed.

Mum started to raise her arms up, as if reaching for someone. She wouldn't be dissuaded and became quite forceful in pushing us away when we tried to hold her hand or place her arms back down. This went on for 5 or 10 minutes before she fell into an unconciousness from which she remained unchanged until she peacefully passed 2 days later. This to me, was the thing that replays in my mind. I know my grandma did the same thing. I've heard it's fairly common for people to reach out before passing. I just can't find an explanation for why they might do this.

Mum passed away in the afternoon. I walked out on to the garden, in shock, to call one of her best friends. My aunt was stood at the bottom of the garden, on her mobile. We who were there in that moment stayed metres apart, not able to find the words to say to each other, seperate in our grief. I sat down on a garden chair, tried calling, it went through to voicemail. The sun was shining fiercely down, the glare hurting my eyes as I stared at my phone screen. Someone, from somewhere in the distance, started singing Ava Maria. At 12:30 in the afternoon on a hard done by council estate, if someone sang one line of Ava Maria in the voice of an angel, they'd never done it before and they've never done it since.
My aunt didn't hear it. It is the only thing that happened that I tell here that was only witnessed by me.

Planning mums funeral, I told the celebrant what songs she wanted. I added Ava Maria, because it felt right.
I met mums friends at her house so they could help me with sorting through some things. They asked me about the songs and I told them what I'd told the celabrant. One of mums friends told me I'd got one of the songs right but the wrong artist. I was devastated. Do you think she'd mind? I asked.
Yes! Her friend said.
I didn't even know they sang that song. I said, taking my phone out of my bag to research it. But I didn't need to. In full view of us all, when I clicked the google search bar, my phone searched for said artist and brought up a recent news item about them without me typing so much as a letter. We all gazed at each other in disbelief. Almost immediatly a high pitched beeping rang out through the house. We went through to the living room to find that it was coming from mums hospital bed, which was still waiting to be picked up. We pressed every button we could find, went to unplug it only to find that it was already unplugged. We couldn't hear ourselves think, it was that loud. Finally I shouted 'Mum I know it's you, you can stop it now, we know you're here!'
It stopped. We all cried and hugged, social distancing gone through the window.

A week later, my 4 year old said my mum had been to see her. She said she had liked her nans dress. I asked her to describe the dress. It was the dress I had taken to the funeral home for my mum to wear. My daughter could not have known this and had never seen my mum wear this dress or anything of that colour. She said her nan had talked about a bracelet she wanted someone to wear. Mum had left a bracelet for my oldest daughter with some charms on it. Young daughter knew nothing of this.

Strange lights appeared on her bedroom video monitor when she was asleep, white streaks of light that whizzed around her bed, making zigzags in the air, sometimes there were 2 and one appeared to chase the other. This went on for a few weeks, then stopped.

I met a family friend at my mums house. They had treated me appallingly during all of this. I'd had enough, put my foot down. We were stood in the kitchen and they were telling me that my mum would have been on their side. I told them that my mum would have never took the side of anyone who had made me feel the way they had. My mums friend, who had been observing this from the other side of the room, said:
'Why don't you both look down, I think you'll get your answer.'
We looked down to see a large white feather literally laid across my feet.

Me and oldest daughter went to mums house for the final time. By this point, we had sorted through everything, been through every room, taken what had sentimental value, given most away. There was literally nothing left.
My oldest daughter was having a very hard time. She wanted reassurance that her nan was watching over to her. She found it hard to believe. I was still working through all that had happened and I told her that if she looked around her, I was sure nan would give her a sign. I didn't know still, if I believed it myself.
She said she felt like she needed to go upstairs, to the bedroom she used to sleep in. I followed, and there on the desk, which I had cleared the week before and left empty, was a jewelry box and inside it was a charm to match the bracelet my mum had left her, with a quote of love engraved on it that my mum used to say to her when she was small. Underneath that was another charm with my mums first initial. I had been through that bedroom countless times. I'd sorted through and looked at everything and I had left the room vitually empty. The house had lain empty since. That jewelry box, those charms, had not been there. They HAD NOT BEEN THERE.

There were other things, things I've felt and seen, but this is all I can tell right now. Mostly, I wanted to tell those instances that have been witnessed by others as well as myself. I don't know why I feel the need to tell it just that I do. I feel that these things have helped carry me through my grief, helped me cope because I feel like I have been given proof that theres something bigger than all this, that she is not gone. My own fear of death has gone away, to a large extent. I've tried to talk to a few people about this, but stopped when someone got angry, saying that if the afterlife existed then their loved one would have given them a sign, so what makes me special? I don't think I'm special. I think there must be many people who have experienced things. I also know there are many people who havent and I don't know why, I honestly don't, but I know that it doesn't mean their love was any less. I just know what I experienced and I feel like it was profound. It's changed how I am able to deal with my grief, it's changed the way that I see life and death. And it's still left me with many more questions than answers.

First, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's coming up to the twenty-year anniversary of my mum's death, and there are still times when the loss pokes you in the stomach and says, "Gotcha!" Everyone deals with grief in their own way; I hope that you can find comfort in your experiences.

Whilst I never had anything like what you've described, the one moment I had (and I have previously related it on here somewhere) was that on the morning that my mum died, I woke up at about 5.20am, too early for the alarm, and so I closed my eyes and went back to sleep. The phone then rang at about 5.45am, and that was my dad, telling us that she'd gone. My mum was in Leicester General Hospital at that point, and my dad at home in south Lincolnshire; the nurses had rung him to say they thought she was going but there was no way he was going to get there. The time they called him was about 5.20 am. I know it's most likely a coincidence, but a little part of me wonders whether I picked up that call here in Devon.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have usually experienced some oddness around the deaths of family, I think the veil becomes thin at such times. My father died suddenly about ten years ago. I met with my mum and my vicar in my parents living room to arrange the funeral - this was the same room my father had died in. Throughout the whole discussion, the door to the room was to my right and I was aware of someone invisible standing there, like an invisible silhouette, listening to the whole discussion, and I somehow knew it was my dad. Whenever I looked up there was no-one there, but the figure was there in my peripheral vision the whole time.

For months afterwards I had nightmares about my dad suffering, often suffering in hospital, which was silly, because there was no suffering, one minute he was talking to my mum, the next he was gone. Anyway, I woke up one morning with an overpowering feeling that I had just been talking to my dad, although I could not remember what I dreamt that night. Since then, no more nightmares...

I have had experiences around the deaths of others too, but unfortunately I'm not free to talk about them.

Bugmum:I'm sorry for your loss too and you're right, we all deal with grief in different ways. Someone told me that if they had experienced what I had, they would have found it frightening, the opposite of comforting, so maybe the universe attempts to give us what we need, when we need it, the best it can. Or maybe it's all a random series of coincidences that our minds then attempt to make some order and sense of. I also think that with these sorts of things, it's how it feels to the person that experiences it that matters. What can seem like not much in the telling, can feel really profound in the experiencing.
Thank you for telling me yours. I keep walking into a white mist around my house and I'm sure it's my mum visiting me but my husband suggests I need an eye examination, even though he's seen it once himself. That must have been a hallucination. We interpret the experience completely differently!

Sorry to hear of your loss. I have usually experienced some oddness around the deaths of family, I think the veil becomes thin at such times. My father died suddenly about ten years ago. I met with my mum and my vicar in my parents living room to arrange the funeral - this was the same room my father had died in. Throughout the whole discussion, the door to the room was to my right and I was aware of someone invisible standing there, like an invisible silhouette, listening to the whole discussion, and I somehow knew it was my dad. Whenever I looked up there was no-one there, but the figure was there in my peripheral vision the whole time.

For months afterwards I had nightmares about my dad suffering, often suffering in hospital, which was silly, because there was no suffering, one minute he was talking to my mum, the next he was gone. Anyway, I woke up one morning with an overpowering feeling that I had just been talking to my dad, although I could not remember what I dreamt that night. Since then, no more nightmares...

I have had experiences around the deaths of others too, but unfortunately I'm not free to talk about them.
I'm sorry for your loss too and thank you for telling me your experiences. I recognise when you say you could feel him there, the silouhette in your peripheral vision. I too felt that my mum was around as I sorted through her house. It was a sigh, a creak, a breath of air the feel of someone brush past me.
I havent dreamed of my mum apart from once, which I find strange, but just about everyone else in the family has and they all say she either hugs or kisses them, but never speaks. In my dream she was stood in front of me, talking, quite forcefully like she really wanted to tell me something, but I couldn't hear anything she was saying. I was sad when I woke up because I couldn't hear her and she didn't hug me like everyone else, but we weren't touchy feely in life either, she knows I don't do hugging much, but I wouldn't have minded that time!

I havent dreamed of my mum apart from once, which I find strange, but just about everyone else in the family has and they all say she either hugs or kisses them, but never speaks. In my dream she was stood in front of me, talking, quite forcefully like she really wanted to tell me something, but I couldn't hear anything she was saying. I was sad when I woke up because I couldn't hear her and she didn't hug me like everyone else, but we weren't touchy feely in life either, she knows I don't do hugging much, but I wouldn't have minded that time!

I didn't dream about my mum for quite a long time, but she pops in every now and again to participate in my screwed-up psyche.

One other thing - not long after she died, one night both my husband and I distinctly heard footsteps crossing our landing after we'd gone to bed. They were too heavy to be either of our boys at the time, and they weren't followed by door knocking, which you would have expected if the tikes were on the prowl. Both of us muttered something like "Did you hear that?" and then my husband said, "Must be your mum." We knew the creaks that the house made when it was settling, and these noises were definitely different.

My wife and I knew each other as children, but her family moved to Rockaway Beach, Brooklyn, New York,

( yes, the New York City area has a lot of shoreline ).

She told me she would return, and when she turned 21 years old, she did and about a year later we were married.

My wife has been a very spiritual type of person, and I have been a UFO kind of person.

When my wife’s father died, she told me he came to her in our apartment and told her to be happy.

When my wife’s mother was having a bad time with cancer treatments, my wife told me her father came to her

and said her mother was not going to die today.

I never doubt my wife, but it is up to each individual to believe in things like this or not.

Sorry for your loss, but wow, you have had a lot of experiences! I'm glad to hear they have been a comfort to you. When my Dad died we had some, although not as many. Personally I think that there are too many people who have these experiences to write them off, so I believe there has to be something more to it and I find it fascinating to be honest. As to why not everyone has these experiences I really don't know. Btw I very rarely dream about my dad, and when I do he's never a 'central' character.

The simplest answer to why some people experience these kind of things and others don't is that some just don't notice, don't make the connection, or dismiss an oddity too quickly for it to even register on their memory. A bird flies into the room or lands on the gravestone and they just see a bird, a phrase or motif deeply suggestive of Nan may pop up left right and centre, screaming for them to notice, but they're too distracted to do so...possibly even distracted by the thought "why are there no signs!!!?"

Of course that differing outlook and attentiveness wouldn't account for the balls of light, dream visitations and full body apparitions which many experience but most don't. The answer may indeed lie in the degree of need and responsiveness of the bereaved. Partly, seeing a ghost would scare most people intensely and they'd rather a gentler subtler nudge. And partly many of us may not feel the degree and type of loss, sadness and despair after a death that others do. I've had many many experiences like yours (well perhaps not the more dramatically physical ones), but oddly very little related to my mum since she died..despite being in each others company almost every day of my life as her full time carer. You'd think she's precisely who i would get the more dramatic activity from and i'm precisely who she would show it to. But i realised a while ago that the reason i generally don't hear from her, so to speak, is that I don't particularly need to. I don't have a longing, there are no crises or emotional turmoil that might invite comforting intervention. Maybe that's what makes the difference. Maybe future profound upsets are when she is more likely to show up in one form or another. Or maybe I just need to ask...

The simplest answer to why some people experience these kind of things and others don't is that some just don't notice, don't make the connection, or dismiss an oddity too quickly for it to even register on their memory. A bird flies into the room or lands on the gravestone and they just see a bird, a phrase or motif deeply suggestive of Nan may pop up left right and centre, screaming for them to notice, but they're too distracted to do so...possibly even distracted by the thought "why are there no signs!!!?"

Of course that differing outlook and attentiveness wouldn't account for the balls of light, dream visitations and full body apparitions which many experience but most don't. The answer may indeed lie in the degree of need and responsiveness of the bereaved. Partly, seeing a ghost would scare most people intensely and they'd rather a gentler subtler nudge. And partly many of us may not feel the degree and type of loss, sadness and despair after a death that others do. I've had many many experiences like yours (well perhaps not the more dramatically physical ones), but oddly very little related to my mum since she died..despite being in each others company almost every day of my life as her full time carer. You'd think she's precisely who i would get the more dramatic activity from and i'm precisely who she would show it to. But i realised a while ago that the reason i generally don't hear from her, so to speak, is that I don't particularly need to. I don't have a longing, there are no crises or emotional turmoil that might invite comforting intervention. Maybe that's what makes the difference. Maybe future profound upsets are when she is more likely to show up in one form or another. Or maybe I just need to ask...
You have a point there, absolutely. When you say crisis and emotional turmoil, that's exactly how I was feeling. As I mentioned in my first post, there was a family friend who I had to put my foot down with.
My mother loved this person but they took advantage of her and didn't treat her with the respect she deserved. She wouldn't hear a bad word said about them.
When she got ill, their behavior escalated to an extent that I felt they put my mums safety at risk and my own. It was like walking on eggshells with them, no matter how many times I tried to help them, consider their feelings instead of my own, asked them to think of mum and her needs if they loved her as they claimed, their destructive behavior got worse. This person was much older than me and in a position where they should have been supporting me looking after my mum but instead of that they took my attention away from her, constantly demanded things be about them. They took all mums savings they could get their hands on.
Mums nurse stated this person could make nhs staff so uncomfortable that they may refuse to keep coming round. So I made this person leave and they harrassed me and put me through hell throughout the last weeks I was caring for mum and the weeks after she passed, trying to turn people in mums life against me (Which was succesful to a small extent, until this person showed their true colours to these people too, when the attention they got wasn't as much as they wanted) until I blocked them from my families life completely.
The people who took this persons side thought they were doing it for mum, as she had asked them to take care of this person if anything ever happened to her. But she would have never have meant to put this person over me. She would have never have dreamed this would have happened, that they would act this way.
And I didn't want her to know. She was entering the last week of her life when this properly kicked off, not able to get out of bed, not able to talk much. So I tried to keep things as normal as possible for mum. I helped this person find somewhere to stay, drove their things around for them, picked them up to bring them for (supervised) visits to mum, even after all they had done and how they were treating me, because mum had loved this person. I juggled everything, they did nothing to help, never asked how anyone was, just whined about how badly done to they were. They took me away from my mum in the last days I had with her, they demanded so much of my time that I missed my daughters final visit with mum and we could all have been together for the last time. I don't know what this person thought anyone owed them. Everyone around mum (apart from a small group of people who wern't around much that this person had managed to lie to about what had happened,) pretty much despised them by that point. Some always had and had only ever tolerated this person for mums sake.
Mum knew something had gone on, she had always tried so hard to keep us all together, be the mediator, that she must have been in turmoil herself. I tortured myself, second guessed everything I'd done, considered letting this person come back, maybe I'd been too quick to ask them to leave, but by this point they'd become so nasty there was no way they could come back and mums nurses had breathed a sigh of relief at their absence.
Mums last week was so peaceful, everyone could concentrate on her and give her everything she needed because this person wasn't there. This wouldn't have happened if they had been. This was the last thing I could give her after everything they had taken. I know I did the right thing, but I tortured myself, tied myself in knots, wondering how mum would feel about all this.
I will go the rest of my life wondering if mums angry at me for doing what I had to do, for my own sake as much as hers. Because she had always stood by this person and hoped I'd do the same. But they didn't deserve her, or me.
Mums friends tell me mum would be furious at the hell this person put me through, even after the funeral, when I still tried to help this person for mums sake, until they insulted mums memory in such away that everyone who knew mum turned their backs on them.
I know I did the right thing, but I know how much mum loved them, stuck up for them and it's haunted me and caused me so much stress. An absolute crisis, in fact, that I will never, ever, get over, and maybe that explains why she hung around, trying her best to communicate with her daughter in such deep distress.

Sounds like you could still use a :group:
Thank you, I didn't expect to tell all of that but I'm glad I did.
I needed to let it all out, I think. It all seems to make much more sense in my head now, finally.

I have wondered if the combined emotions of everyone during those weeks could have created some sort of polt, what with the knockings and the appearance of objects out of what seemed like thin air and the balls of light and things.
But I've never heard of one that brought help and reassurance, as from what I've read they usually bring havoc so feel that's probably unlikely.

Thank you, I didn't expect to tell all of that but I'm glad I did.
I needed to let it all out, I think. It all seems to make much more sense in my head now, finally.

I have wondered if the combined emotions of everyone during those weeks could have created some sort of polt, what with the knockings and the appearance of objects out of what seemed like thin air and the balls of light and things.
But I've never heard of one that brought help and reassurance, as from what I've read they usually bring havoc so feel that's probably unlikely.
I'm sure your mum knows you did your absolute best in the worst circumstances imaginable. As for getting over things, I learned over time to let stuff go, otherwise it can cause terrible damage to your well being. Whilst you won't forget, I hope in the future you'll feel the same. Sounds as though mum would be unhappy otherwise. Another group hug sent.

To be honest, I think the appearance of the charms reassured me more than my daughter. She is 14 and I think she's not entirely sure I didn't put it there to make her feel better. But I KNOW I didn't, so I have the certainty she doesn't.
She knows I've never lied to her though and it has given us a comfort that we both needed, even if she's keeping her own counsil a little in regards to what she thinks of all that's happened.

It is true for me personally that things that normally seem insignificant can take on greater meaning.

I saw my mum face to face for the first time in a year this Saturday just gone. She has COPD and alzheimers. I was shocked at how much she has deteriorated in the last twelve months. She is weaker physically and her alzheimers has got worse, although she did still recognise me. When I was going i told her that I loved her and held her hand (with rubber gloves on). When she replied that she loved me too, I had to turn away so that she didn't see me cry. I went to reception and then went back to her to say goodbye, holding her hand. Even though I was stood beside her she said "our Ian's just been." Another moment to turn away. I haven't posted this for sympathy, just that I agree that things that seems insignificant during normal times take on much greater emotional impact on others.

When my dad was near death, he repeatedly called out his sisters name (she passed several years before him). One moment of slight relief came when he said (whilst not fully conscious) "Irene, stop showing me up." I have no idea what my auntie would have been doing to show him up.

What an astonishing experience to have happened for your grandaughter and so similar to what happened to my daughter, too.
How is she doing?
She's been incredibly resilient - thankfully now back at school with her friends and can also socialise with them afterwards!

I am fascinated by your wonderful story and obviously, especially the charms.

You recalled:

"I'd sorted through and looked at everything and I had left the room vitually empty. The house had lain empty since. That jewelry box, those charms, had not been there. They HAD NOT BEEN THERE".

We have thrown the proverbial sceptical kitchen sink at what occurred and to no avail.

A critical element, was that I had the inherent Fortean presence of mind to document all evidence in real time.

We have no rational explanation and doubtless never will.

It still happened though and I CAN PROVE IT! :)

She is 14 and I think she's not entirely sure I didn't put it there to make her feel better. But I KNOW I didn't, so I have the certainty she doesn't.
She knows I've never lied to her though and it has given us a comfort that we both needed...
We have been through the exact same dilemma.

Having unequivocally established neither my son, Zara's gran or myself (we were the on!y ones present) would have placed the ring there as, indeed, some token of solace - you simply wouldn't do that (what if the child became traumatised) - another elemental factor was how none of us were aware that Zara's mum had promised her a unicorn ring in the first instance.

Zara only revealed same to us afterwards and explained that when she spent a short time alone with her mum towards the very end - which we all knew was a last farewell - that's when mum had made the promise.

We were all oblivious to this.

Point being, I guess, if your daughter can perhaps be made aware she's not alone in having such an experience... might that help?

Personally, my dilemma now is that you have only enhanced my everlasting bewilderment of...

Well, stuff like this on the Forteana Forums...

Which reminds my subscription will probably be due shortly.... :)

Last edited:
You have only enhanced mine too.
To hear from people with a similar experience is amazing. It makes a change from being looked at like I'm going dotty, as many do when someone admits to having an experience that may be supernatural in nature.
I will talk to her about it again and tell her of your grandaughters experience, she will like to hear about it.

Hi there. I'm sorry for what you've been going through, but pleased there's been comfort. I'm very open to the idea that as clever as we think we are with our smartphones and Mars Rovers, we still know 0% about 99.999% of how anything works.

I went through similar to you very recently, including one moment I just can't explain. We had to wait 8 weeks for the funeral, and in those 8 weeks some things happened. But the atmosphere changed the day of the funeral, something lifted. Possibly just in my own psychology, though I can't help but feel like he came through to us because he hated the idea he'd just disappeared unexpectedly that night and left behind such grief. I feel like he wanted to explain. And once he'd shown us, he could spend more time wherever he's supposed to be.

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/bottle-tops-suddenly-appearing-falling-spatulas.68233/

This is the charm bracelet with the charm my daughter found on it
20210403_145112.jpg
20210403_145112.jpg

My mum passed away last night, me and my brother were with her and she passed peacefully.

I know that this isn't significant but i think that my mum would have appreciated it.

Before my brother got there, I was holding her hand and looking around the room. My mum was a strong Catholic and was clutching her rosary beads even though not conscious. A shaft of sunlight broke through the clouds and cast a shadow of what was on the window sill onto the wall above her head. That was a stature of the Virgin Mary. I think that that would have given her comfort. It was the only time that the sun broke through the clouds all the time that I was there.

My mum passed away last night, me and my brother were with her and she passed peacefully.

I know that this isn't significant but i think that my mum would have appreciated it.

Before my brother got there, I was holding her hand and looking around the room. My mum was a strong Catholic and was clutching her rosary beads even though not conscious. A shaft of sunlight broke through the clouds and cast a shadow of what was on the window sill onto the wall above her head. That was a stature of the Virgin Mary. I think that that would have given her comfort. It was the only time that the sun broke through the clouds all the time that I was there.
So sorry to hear that, Spudrick.

Thank you for your kind words.

I think it is a little easier to deal with when you have been with a loved one over the last days.

It is harder for those to deal with who have not been there. The first time it really hits them, I think, is when they see the coffin.

My condolences, i'm sorry for your loss.

Back