Superstition

A notoriously superstitious bunch in the US in this day and age is...baseball players! If you've ever seen the movie Bull Durham, you'll see some examples.

I strongly suspect that it's because there's is so much time between 'at bats' that those teammates in the dugout keep thinking up ways to help their team win via voodoo, or to put a hex on the opposing team's pitcher. Then there's the 'lucky bat' or 'lucky socks.' On my favorite team there are two players who are pals, who sit in the dugout together, side by side, with their arms raised, bent at the elbow, with their pinky fingers linked. This is either to prevent a double play against their own team or cause one for the opposing team. I forget which.

Baseball viewers are also superstitious about when and how they watch the games so that their team will win. I know somebody who will only listen to the games on the radio, because he says his team always loses if he watches on TV.

In a game like ice hockey, there's no damn time to be superstitious, about playing or watching.

Yes I should have done that in the first place. Turns out I was thinking of this guy

https://www.biography.com/news/babe-ruth-facts-biography

and like the Koreans, it was to keep cool and nothing superstitious. They say. ;)
I had no idea! I wouldn't be surprised if the South Koreans had read about Babe Ruth's vegetable technique.

Turns out, I have a slight connection to the Babe. I got married in the same historic wedding chapel in Maryland where he had his second wedding. It even looked the same as back then. Charming place! But they finally sold the place and the whole building was turned into an office building. :(