• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Surprising How Many Are Reported To The MOD Over The Years

I reported my sighting in 1996, so won't be listed.

But interesting to know so many have reported sightings.

One anomaly on that link

Screenshot_20210830-203137_Chrome.png

A bit of a coincidence here. About an hour ago my sister, who works for the M.O.D told me that her friend did the U.F.O reporting desk job for the M.O.D in the 2000’s although she’s not sure when exactly. I’ve asked her to interrogate her about it.
Perhaps she'll make a career out it, could be known as "Britain's Dana Scully":

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/nick-pope

From 2009:

"One white light to the south east that flashes red, green and an off yellow at about 8-10000ft. Another across central London at 10- 15000ft with the same colours. Objects are identical and 3-4 miles apart on the approach path to Heathrow or London City."

:headbang:

To be honest, I can see why the MoD gave up their reporting desk as it's an expensive way of monitory every Chinese lantern launch in the UK:

"Two objects, five minutes apart heading East to West. They looked like orange fiery balls but made no sound. They travelled at the speed of a plane. They had no tail."

And:

"Two orangey lights in the sky moving towards each other. Then a ball of light approached the other lights. All three were stationary for a while before disappearing into the distance. Another light then hovered where the others had been."

And:

"A group of very bright orange objects heading NW to SE at a consistent speed and low altitude. There was a group of 15 followed by groups of 2-3 and 3-4 over a five minute period. They made no noise."

Etc. Etc.....

Perhaps she'll make a career out it, could be known as "Britain's Dana Scully":

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/nick-pope
I noticed Mr Pope apparently being now a 'keynote' lecturer at this year's MUFON conference and perhaps again emphasing how the UK Ministry of Defence's 'UFO desk' was the one job he was after, consequential experience of his investigations and conclusions concerning a present, disclosure cover-up.

As a result and and being a ufologist of some age now, still seeking truth..

It would seem remiss, if the following extract was not highlighted, for those unaware.

On the 'UFO Research List', which I operated at the time, on 4 October, 1999 in correspondence with Jenny Randles, regarding a response to my enquiry of the MoD - see

www.forteanmedia.com/MoD_Pope.jpg

I evidenced:

Subject: Re: Nick Pope - The Ministry of Defence Respond
Sender: James Easton

The extent of his previous interest was clarified early on, for example, in the following `UFO Magazine' interview [first public `appearance' I know of], dated 5 May 1996:

CONDUCTED BY MARK IAN BIRDSALL & VIVIENNE OLBISON

UFO: What is Secretariat (AS)2a?

Nick Pope: It provides support to the RAF and works as a link between the RAF on one hand and Defence Ministers on the other,
but also assists the public and press. It uses briefings and releases to liase between the Service and everyone else.

UFO: When did you join this office, and indeed, were you aware of its function?

Nick Pope: I've been in the Ministry of Defence since 1985. We are just 'posted around' every two or three years to acquire experience. I had just finished various duties associated with the Gulf War and it just so happened that there was a vacancy which cropped-up. Also in this office was a chap I had worked with quite closely with Gulf War duties and he offered me the job. I was aware that UFO research was one of its functions.

UFO: Was this the reason you switched departments?

Nick Pope: I was certainly interested, it sounded fascinating, but I was quite keen to get out of my old job.
(End)

(...)

Also, from an interview with Michael Lindemann at the November 17, 1996 Blackpool `UFO conference':

[CNI News -- Vol. 2, No. 19, Part 2 -- December 16, 1996]

ML: Were you enthused about it?

NP: Part of me, if I'm being honest, was just so keen to get out of the old job that I would have jumped at anything.
(End)

(..)

Nick Pope's appointment which involved dealing with `UFO' related correspondence was from 1991 until 1994. I don't know exactly when he was transferred to another department during 1994, however, I can say that towards the end of his tenure he wrote to Tony Dodd (UFO Magazine):

20 April 1994

Dear Tony,

As promised when we spoke earlier today, I have attached some material relating to Project Blue Book, which I thought you would find interesting. I do not know how or when we obtained it, or whether the UK was involved in any way, but you will see that the conclusions on page 4 mirror our own approach.

[Handwritten]
Yours sincerely

Nick Pope.
(End)

Those conclusions which `mirror our own approach' are appended in the letter as:

(1)."no unidentified flying object reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security;

(2) there has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force that sightings categorized as unidentified represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present day scientific knowledge;

(3) there has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorislzed as unidentified are extraterrestrial vehicles.

Etc..

(...)

If you haven't seen the following before, Pope addressed some related points in that interview with Lindemann:

"As to what we were supposed to do, the brief, in a nutshell, was to evaluate the UFO reports that came to us, to [see] whether there was a threat of any sort to the defense of the UK. Now, the party line was that unless there was evidence of any threat, that's where our involvement ended, and it wasn't then our job to go on and actually investigate each and every report".
(End)

(...)

There are many other occasions where Pope has either stated or implied his work went far beyond UFO reports and especially involved research into `alien abductions', such as his February 1999 'Nick Pope's Weird World' column for `Hot Gossip UK', in which he writes:

"In the February edition of [Focus] magazine, which is out now and available from all good newsagents, there's an in-depth feature on my official Ministry of Defence research and investigation into UFOs and alien abductions".

There is of course a scenario where Pope is well aware that he never really `officially investigated' crop circles, `alien abductions', animal mutilations et al, but recognises that giving the impression he was HM's full-time investigator of the `X Files' is preferable than acknowledging most of his time was actually spent on unrelated clerical work.

It's perhaps not 'insincere', so much as marketing and promotion.

I mean, you're not going to sell many books entitled 'Secrets of Non-Operational RAF Activities Overseas' or 'Diplomatic Clearance for Military Flights Abroad - The Hidden Files'.

Anyway, the objective was to see if the MoD would answer a number of questions and they went further than I thought was permissible.

One perhaps gets the impression they welcomed this opportunity to do so and willingly provided extraordinary detailed facts, concerning one employees actual function.

Presumably, for an unprecedented reason.
[End]

As always, one is merely a facilitator of data and your judgement call as to where any smoke and mirrors may be obfuscating the truth.

Screenshot_20210903-112625_resize_74.jpg

Last edited:
A bit of a coincidence here. About an hour ago my sister, who works for the M.O.D told me that her friend did the U.F.O reporting desk job for the M.O.D in the 2000’s although she’s not sure when exactly. I’ve asked her to interrogate her about it.
Quick update. My sister has asked her friend about her job on the U.F.O desk. She took over from Nick Pope but at that point it wasn’t a job on its own,it was something she did adhoc as part of her main job. It was only a tiny part of her job,just a few hours a week. As for U.F.O reports she said the majority of the reports she received were near airports or military air bases so were pretty much self explanatory. She said she never had a report that was particularly interesting or intriguing , I can here you thinking “well she would say that wouldn’t she”. Nothing interesting to report,sorry.

Surprising how many are reported by Police officers

http://www.prufospolicedatabase.co.uk/
The Andy Gilbert 'Credible Witness' books of paranormal phenomena experienced by serving and retired UK Police officers are a must read and include UFO sightings:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Credible-Witness-Paranormal-Police-Stories/dp/1326927728

Although some of the cases do appear to have rational explanations, many don't. For me, they represent further evidence of a 'something' that is either a rare, natural plasma-type phenomenon or an 'alien' intelligence that is purposefully deceptive and has been around humanity for a very long time. It's a crying shame that so many have jumped on the paranormal band wagon with ridiculous, exaggerated and false claims for profit and fame, as it discourages the scientific research this subject deserves.

To underline my point, Andy Gilbert gives any profits from his books to a charity.

Back