• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Suspected: Louisiana Interstate Highway Serial Sniper

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A mounting number of cases involving shootings on two Louisiana Interstate routes in the New Orleans metro area is raising questions about a possible serial sniper. Authorities are staying mum in response to inquiries.
New Orleans serial shootings unsolved, unhindered

Last summer, Bayou Justice identified 60 potentially related shootings on two New Orleans interstate highways.

Today, every news outlet in the state reports nightly on the attacks making the highways around Crescent City a shooting gallery. However, New Orleans officials remain tight-lipped, refusing to admit they may have a serial sniper in their city.

On Valentine’s Day, The New Orleans Police Department found a man shot multiple times in a vehicle on the Pontchartrain Expressway near the I-10 Slidell exit. Wednesday, Feb. 2, around 11 p.m., an unidentified sniper shot 24-year-old Christian Honore as he drove westbound on Interstate 10, causing him to crash his vehicle near Louisa Street.

WDSU, Channel 6 in New Orleans, said after the Valentine’s Day shooting, officers told a reporter they had responded to dozens of interstate shootings so far in 2022. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.hammondstar.com/news/ne...cle_7a0cc4ea-6439-5749-8fc3-9a5db6bebe9e.html

A mounting number of cases involving shootings on two Louisiana Interstate routes in the New Orleans metro area is raising questions about a possible serial sniper. Authorities are staying mum in response to inquiries.

FULL STORY: https://www.hammondstar.com/news/ne...cle_7a0cc4ea-6439-5749-8fc3-9a5db6bebe9e.html

At the risk of appearing lazy—on behalf of the membership, you understand—a Google Earth/Street-View link for this location would give us all a better mental impression of what we're dealing with.

Is anybody local enough to locate it with ease?

I don‘t know how to do google earth links, but if you type in the expressway and then directions for the I10, it does come to the general area. Difficult for me to get a better idea of where the exact shooting occurred as there are numerous over and under passes in this area. Scary when looking at it, because the area would be difficult to see a sniper and where the shots are originating from.

Back