• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Taking Trips

skinny

Nigh
This is a thread dedicated to the ol' mind-bending halucinogenic trips. We've all been there. What sent you? I don't mean for FT to be advocating illegal mind-altering substances. Far (perhaps) from it. Some of the most impactful halucinations result from simple hyperventilation when one's brain is deprived of the crucials. Those are not trips though, in the sense that you are lucid and enjoying the journey of discovery as you travel through the stargated realms of the new and the stimulatory. Best ones I had were on cannibolids many many years hence. But I'm more interested in sampling the board's experiences of halucinogens. Descriptions and recommendations are welcome.

This thread was brought to you (prompted) by Guinness, Led Zeppelin's 4th album, dry redgum and a light emitting water feature that I hadn't revved up for about 5 years until tonight. It is January 30th and cold at night in Adelaide. That in itself is worthy of wonder, but please shed more light on the awesome awakenings you have experienced.

I hereby dedicate the thread to the botanically gifted T McKenna. May he vegetate in Peace.

Oh well. Thought it might be of interest to FT members. My bad.

Denial? What leads you to that conclusion? :D

Oh well. Thought it might be of interest to FT members. My bad.

I suspect the subject _is_ of interest to FTMB members. By the same token, I suspect members may be reluctant to reveal personal experiences now that certain parties (e.g., employers to whom one has applied for a job) use the 'Net for background searches as a matter of course.

Well your giganticelephantism was a bit of a giveaway.
Oh that, haha! Just a famous pic done by a favourite artist.

But, yes, I'd be interested in what other people have experienced. Roll on the crazy stories!

... who morphed somehow into a radio-wave-emitting labrador. See? Trippin' out. Is there no end to the weirdness?

LSD Trips?:

Purple Oms
Green Oms
Strawberrys
Ying Yangs
Flying Saucers
Batmans
Bart Simpsons
Black Holes
Micro Dots ....... there the ones I can remember, that was over 20 years ago though. I'm a good boy now.

Yay. Trippin' out. Never done LSD myself. What's it like?

Illegal .... and it depends on who you're with, what frame of mind you're in at the time, your environment etc ... it's pretty indescribable to be honest and just as 'inner' than as visual. I wouldn't recommend it on a public bulletin board.

Very wise, sir. Very wise.

I've often thought to try it out. I doubt it would agree with my nervy dispoz.

“Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”

Very wise, sir. Very wise.

I've often thought to try it out. I doubt it would agree with my nervy dispoz.

If you have a nervy dispoz, definitely DO NOT try it out ... LSD would make it worse

Had LSD twice. The first time I was fed too much and thought the nazi's were after me, and spent the night curled in a ball hiding from them. The second I was so put off by my first time I did not really get 'off my face.'

My favorite hallucinogenic moment was watching a Metallica concert on my friends TV on MDMA, only to be told it was a cd playing and the TV was switched off. As for 'journeys' I've had plenty but they are for me. The drugs these days are shite, don't do them!

(Sadly) I've partaken of most psychedelic drugs, including non-hallucinogenic ones; with many years of Heroin & methadone addiction. After a long while you (at least I did) tend to realise that they are all rather boring. Subjective psycho-reality is much, much more satisfying and infinitely strange for me ;) Also as an occultist I find the ritual use of entheogens to be 95% unnecessary. But anyway I would genuinely say have fun while it it lasts. And a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Last edited:
I used to prefer magic mushroom trips over LSD. Again, this is illegal and potentially very dangerous so I'm not going to go into tips, quantitys or further details of any kind here or anywhere else on the internet for people to try. You'd 'come up' about three quarters of an hour after taking them, the trip was more intense and emotional + you'd start to return to normal about 4 hours later and be able to sleep not long after that. LSD, although strongly psychoactive would last for about 12 to 15 hours per trip and I'd always start to wish it would end a good few hours before it did ..... a bit like watching Peter Jackson's Lord of The Rings films. I definitely wouldn't trip again these days now I've seen the mental health risks it can cause.

I still gather Liberty Caps every season, I'm fortunate enough that they grow in the thousands in my fields. But I haven't used any in about a year now. I just dry them and store them in jars, baggies and honey. I've amassed a very large store of them! But I agree natural psilocybin is a much nicer experience than chemically synthesised hallucinogenics.

When you're on about 10 different medications to try to keep your mind and body in a stable state, the thought of taking anything for "shits'n'giggles" really makes me fume.

When you're on about 10 different medications to try to keep your mind and body in a stable state, the thought of taking anything for "shits'n'giggles" really makes me fume.

I agree with you fully ... eventually I grew up and realised sanity isn't a toy, not only after seeing friends get screwed up on recreational drug use but having a few frights myself. I think anyone visiting an average A&E department for a tour on a Saturday night would be put off experimenting with themselves for life.

I still gather Liberty Caps every season, I'm fortunate enough that they grow in the thousands in my fields. But I haven't used any in about a year now. I just dry them and store them in jars, baggies and honey. I've amassed a very large store of them! But I agree natural psilocybin is a much nicer experience than chemically synthesised hallucinogenics.

I remember a friend of mine being chased by trees after eating them.

Back