• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tattoos

Mythopoeika said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
gncxx said:
S-L-A-D-E across my knuckles was a mistake, however.
Like having a Sell By date. :(

Not necessarily. He could say he went to The Slade art school.
Did this character have 5 knuckles? I've only got four! :shock:

rynner2 said:
Mythopoeika said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
gncxx said:

No thumbs, eh? Interesting.

Mythopoeika said:
rynner2 said:
Mythopoeika said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
gncxx said:

One thumb, three fingers, like Mickey Mouse. :lol:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Mythopoeika said:
rynner2 said:
Mythopoeika said:
Pietro_Mercurios said:
gncxx said:

One thumb, three fingers, like Mickey Mouse. :lol:
That's asking for a bunch of fives! :twisted:

This one has to be seen to be believed. But, not for the weak of stomach.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...s-name-_n_4784307.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Torz Reynolds Slices Off Tattoo Of Ex-Boyfriend's Name, Mails Skin To Him (GRAPHIC PHOTO)

The Huffington Post. by Hilary Hanson. 02/13/2014 - 02/14/2014

Sometimes just un-friending someone doesn't cut it.

When 26-year-old Englishwoman Torz Reynolds learned her boyfriend of two years was cheating on her, she decided she needed to remove her tattoo.

With a scalpel.

And then send the skin to him.

Reynolds, of Colchester, Essex, told the Daily Star this week that 24-year-old Stuart "Chopper" May claimed he was moving to Alaska to pursue a new job, but it turned out he was just at his home in Tiptree, Essex, shacking up with a new lady. Reynolds reacted by using a scalpel to remove the entire section of skin where the words "Chopper's Bitch" were tattooed.

click here for graphic photo!

According to the Daily Mail, she numbed the area with Vasocaine spray before slicing a rectangle around the area, then using tweezers to peel it off.

She posted an image of the bloody result to Facebook in December. When a friend called the act "crazy," she replied, "Crazy was getting his name tattooed in the first place. . . cutting it out was just necessary! ;-P"

She then conceded that she may end up getting someone else's name tattooed on her body, because "Its not lyk there permanent! Haha! [sic]"

Reynolds didn't let the severed skin go to waste, though. She packaged the skin chunk in a jar and mailed it to Mays, complete with a bow on top, according to the Daily Mail.

Click here for photos of the package.

"Posting the tattoo to Chopper sent a clear message," she told the Daily Star. "Now he knows never to mess with me again."

A Facebook post from March 2012 indicates that she dealt with the tattooed name of a different lover in a similar fashion.
Full links at above link.

She obviously doesn't mind a few scars here and there.
Nuts.

3D tattoos.

There was a guy in my nightclass a year or so back who had a 3D Terminator tattoo... I don't mean a tattoo of the terminator, I mean like so it looked like a hole had been shot in him where you could see the metal endoskeleton and bits through. :)

People who have tattoos are 'more aggressive' than those who don't

Researchers say they have found a link between tatoos and anger
Despite tattoos becoming more mainstream — they still can’t seem to shake their stereotypical image, a study suggests.
Researchers at Anglia Ruskin university found a link that suggests people with tattoos are angrier than those who don't.
Additionally, they suggest the more tattoos you have, the angrier you are.
The study, to be published in the journal Body Image, surveyed 378 adults between 20 and 59-years-old. Of those surveyed, 25.7 per cent had at least one tattoo. Those with tattoos had an average number of 2.5 each.
According to the research, “tattooed individuals reported significantly higher levels of verbal aggression, anger, and reactive rebelliousness compared with non-tattooed adults.”

The survey also looked into possible links between tattooed and non-tattooed people when it came to educational qualifications but found no significant differences.

Professor Viren Swami, who led the research said: “One explanation [of the results] is that people who have higher reactive rebelliousness may respond to disappointing and frustrating events by getting tattooed.”
“We also found that tattooed adults had higher aggression scores on two of the four dimensions of aggression that we measured, namely verbal aggression and anger.”

“Although tattoos have now become commonplace in modern British society, our findings may have implications for understanding the reported associations between tattooing and risky behaviour among adults.”
In 2012, it was estimated that 1.5 million British people get a tattoo every year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-aggressive-than-those-who-dont-a6696651.html

People who have tattoos are 'more aggressive' than those who don't

Researchers say they have found a link between tatoos and anger
Despite tattoos becoming more mainstream — they still can’t seem to shake their stereotypical image, a study suggests.
Researchers at Anglia Ruskin university found a link that suggests people with tattoos are angrier than those who don't.
Additionally, they suggest the more tattoos you have, the angrier you are.
The study, to be published in the journal Body Image, surveyed 378 adults between 20 and 59-years-old. Of those surveyed, 25.7 per cent had at least one tattoo. Those with tattoos had an average number of 2.5 each.
According to the research, “tattooed individuals reported significantly higher levels of verbal aggression, anger, and reactive rebelliousness compared with non-tattooed adults.”

The survey also looked into possible links between tattooed and non-tattooed people when it came to educational qualifications but found no significant differences.

Professor Viren Swami, who led the research said: “One explanation [of the results] is that people who have higher reactive rebelliousness may respond to disappointing and frustrating events by getting tattooed.”
“We also found that tattooed adults had higher aggression scores on two of the four dimensions of aggression that we measured, namely verbal aggression and anger.”

“Although tattoos have now become commonplace in modern British society, our findings may have implications for understanding the reported associations between tattooing and risky behaviour among adults.”
In 2012, it was estimated that 1.5 million British people get a tattoo every year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...-aggressive-than-those-who-dont-a6696651.html

I don't have any tattoos but I can get pretty miffed at times.

Rynner you must have a few ladies names tattooed about your person? A women in every port? At least an anchor or two?

I don't have any tattoos but I can get pretty miffed at times.

Rynner you must have a few ladies names tattooed about your person? A women in every port? At least an anchor or two?
Nope, none of the above. You won't get any interesting lampshades out of my skin.

I have a few-

Octopus deity on my right shoulder that was part of a magickal path I was on at the time.

Spider on left shoulder.

Buddhist Dharmachakra on my right inside forearm.

Some kind of twisted star thingy on my chest. I actually woke up with that one, after a particularly messy night in Bangkok.

Certainly don't regret any of them, neither am I that interested in them. Just picked them up along the way I guess. I rue the days that tattoos ceased being the sole preserve of bikers, sailors and criminals. They're tenapenny these days, so dull and banal.

no. no. I'M the fluffy bunny! :p

Reactions: Doc
good boy! have biscuit for having learned your lesson well :D :kiss:

Proud Cornishman Michael Laity has arm tattooed with iconic images of the county
By WBCaroline | Posted: December 10, 2015

A PROUD young Cornishman has shown his love for the county by having his arm covered in images of its iconic landmarks.
Carpenter Michael Laity's tattoo features beauty spots including Carn Brea, St Michael's Mount, Falmouth's Pendennis Point and Porthleven's clock tower.
The artwork also shows South Crofty tin mine, the Mermaid of Zennor and Mount Edgcumbe House, near Torpoint.

Mr Laity, 25, said the tattoo was a tribute to his heritage and family's links to Cornwall, adding: "I'm Cornish born and bred, and wherever I am I will always be reminded now that Cornwall is my home. It's something different to a tribal design and I have been thinking about having this tattoo for two years.
"People have tattoos to mark an important date, or in memory of someone, so I decided to have a design that was close to my heart, and that's Cornwall."

Mr Laity, of North Pool Road, Illogan, turned to tattoo artist Richard Ainsworth, who runs Lodestone Tattoo in Cathedral Lane, Truro.
Mr Ainsworth has already spent 28 hours inking Mr Laity and there is one more element to add before the tattoo is complete.

"I'd have to say [the tattoo] of Carn Brea is my favourite of all of them because it's closest to my home," said Mr Laity.

etc...

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Proud-C...m-tattooed/story-28340755-detail/story.html#1

A few picture postcards would have been cheaper - and in colour! :evil:

Must be a slow news day in Cornwall. :D

... As with all cosmetic treatments, there is some element of marketing hype. Tattoo removal is a roughly $75-million-a-year business — mostly catering to young professionals who think tattoos are hindering their rise, mothers who decide the art no longer fits their image and tattoo enthusiasts who simply want to redecorate.

There is also a cross section of heartbreak and hopes dashed. Dr. Bruce Katz, a dermatologist in Manhattan, has twice removed the same woman’s name from the same man’s buttocks. You connect the dots. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/fashion/tattoo-regret-a-painful-if-improved-reversal-awaits.html

Noel Edmonds tattoo

Long story short: some woman has had a tattoo of Noel Edmond's handsome clock tattooed on her thigh. Apparently she loves him and would leave her husband for him.

There are discussions of her tattoo on Facebook. She works at Asda so people are planning to ask her to show them while they're out shopping. That'll go down well with Management.

These are the 86 awful tattoos that Plymouth people want removed
By RA_Herald | Posted: July 06, 2017

Over the past week, The Herald and a Plymouth-based laser removal company have teamed up to offer people in the city an amazing opportunity.
Last Wednesday, we, alongside White Room Laser Ltd , were on the lookout for Plymouth's worst tattoo.
The winner will get it removed in a FREE treatment at the venue in a prize which is worth up to £500.
All you had to do was submit pictures of your dodgy tattoos - and wow - they came in their droves.

Now, you can see them all below.

etc...

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/the...want-removed/story-30427017-detail/story.html

Yep, some pretty grotesque specimens there!

Might set up in business as a tattoist - seems any old herbert can have a go.

At least two of those seem to be based on the spooky alien painting in that episode of The Tomorrow People:

Tomorrow+People+Blue+Green+Painting.jpg

( I'm looking at you, Dan Chiswell and Melanie McGinley :( )

Untitled design e2ujej.png

tattoo melanie mcginley.png

Back