• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tattoos

shes certainly a 1D fan from way back, i actually thought they didnt exist any more ... looking at the tattooists other work its of a very high standard and very well placed on the body ... face does look irritated as per real tattoo (i have 13) but its possible this could be the guide ink that is used prior to applying the gun ... if you squint it looks like a harry styles spider

i like ariana grande, but only because she came to visit my best pals wife and daughter in hospital at that time ... the music should be outlawed and she should probably have got an adult to help her choose the tattoo and a native speaker to ink it

I'm calling bullshit on this. Surely nobody but the most crazed psycho-stalker would think having that tattoo is a compliment?

Aaaand escargot called it.

A singer who had a tattoo of Harry Styles on her cheek says it's a fake.
Kelsy Karter made headlines around the world - including in a story by Radio 1 Newsbeat - when she shared the photo of her new face ink on Instagram.
The singer, who's from New Zealand, had tweeted to say that she was planning something special for Harry's birthday on 1 February.
She's now admitted it was a stunt to publicise her latest single about the former One Direction singer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47086118

Aaaand escargot called it.

A singer who had a tattoo of Harry Styles on her cheek says it's a fake.
Kelsy Karter made headlines around the world - including in a story by Radio 1 Newsbeat - when she shared the photo of her new face ink on Instagram.
The singer, who's from New Zealand, had tweeted to say that she was planning something special for Harry's birthday on 1 February.
She's now admitted it was a stunt to publicise her latest single about the former One Direction singer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-47086118

My work here is done. :cool:

theres some great work out there, but most of the tattoos i see around town look like they were bought from river island

There was a long tradition of tattooing among Inuit women, but it was suppressed almost to the point of extinction after the missionaries arrived.

The Inuit women's tattooing tradition is now being resurrected, and it is spreading throughout the Inuit world.
Reclaiming Inuit culture, one tattoo at a time

Candice Pedersen remembers hearing about her great-grandmother's tattoos and wanting the same traditional markings on her skin.

"She had them on her forehead, her cheeks and her chin, on her wrists and all the way up her arm. When my mom was a little girl, she would trace each of the lines with her finger and remember each marking," Pedersen, a guide for One Ocean Expeditions in the Arctic, told CNN Travel recently.

For millennia, Inuit women would get tattoos with needles made of bone or sinew soaked in suet. Each tattoo signified an important accomplishment -- maybe skinning a fox or sewing a seal-skin parka. Pedersen was captivated by the stories, but as a teenager she was pretty sure she would only ever see tattoos "in history books."

When missionaries arrived in Canada's Arctic about 100 years ago, they proclaimed the tattoos evil and banned women from getting them. The markings were on the brink of dying with the last of the elders who had them. ...

But spurred by the documentary "Tunniit: Retracing the Lines of Inuit Tattoos" and the Inuit Tattoo Revitalization Project, Inuit tattoos are making a roaring comeback. ...

The nonprofit Revitalization Project, led by Hovak Johnston, an Inuit tattoo artist, has raised money to travel to tiny communities across Canada's north and give Inuit women traditional tattoos with the traditional poke method. In return, the women give her a gift -- anything from homemade earrings to a parka -- just like their ancestors would've done. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/inuit-tattoos-culture-canada/index.html

I like the fact that, despite losing the original meanings of some the symbols, the women have decided to give them new meanings.

Missionaries nearly killing off a tattoo tradition also happened in Tonga. The Tongan guy who tattooed me, although a good artist, certainly didn't know anything about the deeper meanings of the symbols.

On YouTube: Eric Yeiner, the 'Kalaca Skull'.

Eric Yeiner

A 22-year-old tattoo artist that goes by the nickname 'Kalaca Skull' has cut of his nose, ears and tongue and tattooed himself in the likeness of a skull, footage from Cartagena on Saturday shows.

Eric Yeiner Hincapie Ramirez became 'Kalaca Skull' and tattooed most of his face and body in an effort to look like an actual skull. To achieve his artistic dream he had to undergo painful surgeries such as mutilating the lower end of his nose and tattooing his eyes black.

"I do not relax, this is a lifestyle, a style of culture, a style of work," Kalaca says adding that he enjoys travelling and sharing his passion with others.
etc

He comes across to me as deeply disturbed. I'll be surprised if he's still among us in a few years.

Last night I was DJing in a club and came across a guy that had a tattoo of a nose on his arm . I thought this was a kind of weird tattoo to have , but unfortunately never had the guts to ask him why he had that particular tattoo.

It's a matter of personal taste. He picked it himself.

I may be the last one left who feels like this , but I don't like tattoos. Even managed to avoid getting any all my years as a biker. I can handle the odd small tasteful one without revulsion, I'm not a total abstainer. But generally I find them ugly. But then I mostly don't like modern art either - give me a Turner or a Constable any day.

There was an attempt at humour in NME years back with a story of a girl who had Matt and Luke Goss (Bros) tattooed on her buttocks. As a party-piece she'd drop her kecks, bend over and invite people to identify them. Usual response - " well I don't know who the spotty ones on the left and right are, but the one in the middle is Jeremy Beadle"

There was an attempt at humour in NME years back with a story of a girl who had Matt and Luke Goss (Bros) tattooed on her buttocks. As a party-piece she'd drop her kecks, bend over and invite people to identify them. Usual response - " well I don't know who the spotty ones on the left and right are, but the one in the middle is Jeremy Beadle"
You've just reminded me of ..

What's got a thousand legs and no pubes?
The front row of a BROSS concert.

I like that one because you can change it to One Direction or whatever boy band's currently popular.

Scary spider tat ..

atat01.jpg

Back