• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tattoos

I may be the last one left who feels like this , but I don't like tattoos. Even managed to avoid getting any all my years as a biker. I can handle the odd small tasteful one without revulsion, I'm not a total abstainer. But generally I find them ugly. But then I mostly don't like modern art either - give me a Turner or a Constable any day.

Nooo... you're not the last one left.

The woman mentioned on here with the blue eyeballs, and the chap with his nose and ears cut off... I'm not sorry to say that they disgust me, it is hideous what they've done to their bodies. And sad that they feel that they must do things like that... which aren't reversible and therefore could be something they live to regret later in life. As well as dangerous.

They are the extreme ones, yes, but there are people who cover their bodies in tattoos and they just... to me, anyway... look so ugly. Mr Zebra feels the same, for what it's worth. I can't understand why they think it is a good look. (Yes yes I know, everyone's different and all that...) but I just don't see the appeal.

And as for modern art... I'm with you there too.

:)

Things is, you can position a tattoo so you can choose whether to show it or not. I have tattoos but you wouldn't know if you saw me at work.

Some colleagues have very visible ones on their arms and even hands.
The company is OK with this but I'm not sure they'd take on someone with facial tattoos or a mutilated nose.

One suspects it's not the asethetic aspect, more a question about their mental health.

Things is, you can position a tattoo so you can choose whether to show it or not. I have tattoos but you wouldn't know if you saw me at work.

Some colleagues have very visible ones on their arms and even hands.
The company is OK with this but I'm not sure they'd take on someone with facial tattoos or a mutilated nose.

One suspects it's not the asethetic aspect, more a question about their mental health.

Yes, I think sadly there's definitely a mental health aspect with some of those. Which makes it all the more tragic if they ever realise that they wished they'd never done such a thing... it's one thing, I suppose, covering up a small tattoo of a former loved-one's name (for example) but quite another when one has got blue eyeballs or no longer has a nose. Some things just cannot be reversed.

That is fine by me. I dont judge anyone with tattoos. As ststed it is just my personal opinion.

Yes, I think sadly there's definitely a mental health aspect with some of those. Which makes it all the more tragic if they ever realise that they wished they'd never done such a thing... it's one thing, I suppose, covering up a small tattoo of a former loved-one's name (for example) but quite another when one has got blue eyeballs or no longer has a nose. Some things just cannot be reversed.

Used to be acquainted (ca. 1980) with a guy called Tears because he had tattooed on facial tears. I'm told this is some form of prison symbolism. Guy was an effing grass, so not popular. Not that he had anything to grass me up for , I'm a good boy :angel:

Girl inspired by aliens wants to be permanently blue – but thinks she’s allergic to tattoos

Source: metro.co.uk
Date: 1 March, 2020

A nail artist from Bradford has become inspired by aliens and spaceships, trying to incorporate her passion into the way she looks. Lhouraii Li wants to be permanently blue, but has ruled out tattooing herself – as others have done – because she fears she may be allergic.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/01/girl...nently-blue-thinks-allergic-tattoos-12327936/

Girl inspired by aliens wants to be permanently blue – but thinks she’s allergic to tattoos

A nail artist from Bradford has become inspired by aliens and spaceships, trying to incorporate her passion into the way she looks. Lhouraii Li wants to be permanently blue, but has ruled out tattooing herself – as others have done – because she fears she may be allergic.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/01/girl...nently-blue-thinks-allergic-tattoos-12327936/
She could just drink lots of colloidal silver.

She could just drink lots of colloidal silver.

Cheaper and a lot less painful than a full-body tattoo. Although the end result might be more grey than that light blue she seems to like.

Looks like she blue herself.

There is so much piss to be taken here, that l feel compelled to leave the task to a younger man.

Ὁ βίος βραχύς,
ἡ δὲ τέχνη μακρή

maximus otter

Last edited:

You could get the same effect by using a cheap blue flannel in the shower. THAT would teach you to buy rubbish from some ripoff market trader instead of shelling out for a proper towel bundle, when you had to go into work with your face still faintly blue after half a hour's frantic scrubbing.
Well, that's what I'm guessing.

Used to be acquainted (ca. 1980) with a guy called Tears because he had tattooed on facial tears. I'm told this is some form of prison symbolism. Guy was an effing grass, so not popular. Not that he had anything to grass me up for , I'm a good boy :angel:
I believe facial tears mean you have killed someone .

She could try jumping the que for the elson toilets at a festival, saw this happen at reading festival once, the toilet got turned upside down by angry que members, and the culprit came out very blue.

She could try jumping the que for the elson toilets at a festival...
I genuinely sympathise if this is a consequence of social anxiety.

However, I can't see that transmuting into a blue-skinned alien creature, is likely to draw attention away from yourself.

She could try jumping the que for the elson toilets at a festival, saw this happen at reading festival once, the toilet got turned upside down by angry que members, and the culprit came out very blue.

Something similar happens in Breaking Bad, when an intruder climbs on top of one and falls in through the roof.

Urrrghh - just had an olfactory flashback to the sani-blue used in the porta-loos at Reading. There was also a chap spray-painting the metal sheet hoardings around the Festival perimeter- at the end of the week the only bit of him not blue were his eye-balls.

I'm surprised that in this thread, the famous, or infamous Dr Fukushi Masaichi has not been mentioned.

Dr. Masaichi Fukushi, a pathologist, was interested in the art of Japanese tattooing. Fukushi would remove the tattooed skin off of donated bodies and preserve them and keep them stretched in a glass case. He would also offer to pay for people that couldn’t afford to get their full body tattoos finished on the condition that they would allow him to skin their bodies upon their death and preserve the tattoos. There are 105 skinned items (many of which are full body suits) on display at this museum.

I shan't post any pictures, But you can find out more at these links...

https://www.calebwilde.com/2015/01/dr-masaichi-fukushi-and-his-collection-of-body-art/
https://cvltnation.com/dead-skin-living-art-the-museum-of-tattooed-skin/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fukushi_Masaichi

I thought this was a novel and cool spin on tattoos - inked images specifically tailored to look like embroidered patches stitched onto the skin.

min-zumi-patch-tattoo-31.jpg

This Tattoo Artist’s Designs Look Like Pop Culture Patches Stitched on Skin

Tattooist Min Zumi permanently places patches on his clients' skin. They aren’t real fabric badges, of course, but they look so authentic that his work will make you do a double-take. Zumi incorporates drop shadows and tiny lines that mimic the look of stitching, and he lends his style to a variety of pop culture-inspired subjects. ...

Zumi gives us some insight into how he crafts his three-dimensional-looking body art. “Patch tattoos are an effect made of lots and lots of thin lines of varying colors and shades which give the effect of hundreds of threads in the skin,” he explains. “I use other shading techniques to make the piece look as though it was sewn right into the skin as well. ..."

FULL STORY (With More Sample Photos):
https://mymodernmet.com/min-zumi-patch-tattoos/

Back