• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

I did...everytime...nothing.
I suspect a software issue between theirs and Google. I use....this has happened to several older web sites lately and Google.
And you aren't using a VPN which is preventing the email coming from that website due to a 'region block' of some sort?

I don't know what email service you use, but you should have access to a list of senders that you (or they) have blocked. I'm afraid I can't say more as every email service is different. I hate to say it, but you may need to just poke around and see what you can find.
Thanks...I'll look around.
Saw no list of blocked senders....it did have some options regarding email, but its in default setting now and any odd emails go into spam for 7 days...so they should have gone in there. I see nothing blocked by me.
So this must be on their end..?

Last edited:
And you aren't using a VPN which is preventing the email coming from that website due to a 'region block' of some sort?
No vpn....not even sure how to load that.
The strange thing is this is the only place this ever happened. Its odd.

Is the domain of the email address you're using one favoured by scammers, i.e. Hotmail or Yahoo or something?

I don't know what email service you use, but you should have access to a list of senders that you (or they) have blocked. I'm afraid I can't say more as every email service is different. I hate to say it, but you may need to just poke around and see what you can find.
Dr wu if you use gmail pm me and I can show you how to check for blocked addresses. It's easy.

To all..I use Comcast email....I have not experinced any blocked or undelivered mail from family or friends or anyone else.
I use Google chome browser.
The web site is https://www.classicrockforums.com/
It says this across the top when I visit:

I have sent many requests but nothing comes to my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will send an email to that address with just the word 'test' as the subject and text.
I am in the UK and use googlemail.
See if that comes through.

Also, from looking at the layout of that forum, it appears to use the same software that this FTMB does.
Maybe one of the esteemed mods (Enolagaia?) might have an idea of why the same thing might happen when people try to join this site?

I will send an email to that address with just the word 'test' as the subject and text.
I am in the UK and use googlemail.
See if that comes through.
Came through fine Trevor.

Also, from looking at the layout of that forum, it appears to use the same software that this FTMB does.
Maybe one of the esteemed mods (Enolagaia?) might have an idea of why the same thing might happen when people try to join this site?

Enolagaia is busy elsewhere at the moment.

There's a possibility that their board's email service is not functioning or has been incorrectly reconfigured, but the standard one is simply that over-zealous spam filters have sent the confirmation email straight to the bin or a filter-folder, but @dr wu says he has checked this.

Enolagaia is busy elsewhere at the moment.

There's a possibility that their board's email service is not functioning or has been incorrectly reconfigured, but the standard one is simply that over-zealous spam filters have sent the confirmation email straight to the bin or a filter-folder, but @dr wu says he has checked this.
Hello Yithian
I cked the spam,,, nothing in there and I have no other filter folders I'm aware of.
Trevor's email came in just fine.

Still no luck contacting that forum.....so how does one let them know theres a problem with becoming a member?

Hey Doc,

I went over and registered with a gmail account, and got exactly the results you got, at least so far. It would seem their system is AFU, but I didn't find any threads about it. One would think they'd have noticed by now. Looks like it might be an interesting place. Good luck!

If anyone can get a hold of a mod there and tell them whats going on,,,,,.it would be appreciated.
The web site is https://www.classicrockforums.com/
Sorry but I just managed to register there no problem, the confirmation email did go straight to my spam folder.did you fill in all the required questions?
I'll see if I can pass a message on.

Sorry but I just managed to register there no problem, the confirmation email did go straight to my spam folder.did you fill in all the required questions?
I'll see if I can pass a message on.
Yep...did everything and like I said they say I'm logged in but I never get the confirmation link. I see Austin Popper had the same problem.
No mail in my spam folder either. I sent 3 contact emails also...no response. Is there a way to contact a forum without their board protocols.?
So why can some get in and not others.?

Yep...did everything and like I said they say I'm logged in but I never get the confirmation link. I see Austin Popper had the same problem.
No mail in my spam folder either. I sent 3 contact emails also...no response. Is there a way to contact a forum without their board protocols.?
Could it be to do with GDPR? I see you’re in Indiana - if the site is UK based it could be the issue.. Seems very remiss for a forum not to think of this & do something about it though. Dunno how you’d get round it. A VPN would probably do the trick..

Could it be to do with GDPR? I see you’re in Indiana - if the site is UK based it could be the issue.. Seems very remiss for a forum not to think of this & do something about it though. Dunno how you’d get round it. A VPN would probably do the trick..
How can they not know this is happening....?

Send me a PM with the user name and email address you are using to sign in, if you are OK with that, and I'll raise it direct with one of the mods there.

Please help!
I'm using, and managing pretty well on, my granddaughter's old (quite elderly) chromebook.
I've got a bookmarked list of songs on Youtube that we sing with the 'choir'.
I used to be able to copy and paste a link on my old desktop, using the right mouse button, but this doesn't seem to work on the chromebook.

So please tell me -how do I copy and paste?
Thanks in advance!

Please help!
I'm using, and managing pretty well on, my granddaughter's old (quite elderly) chromebook.
I've got a bookmarked list of songs on Youtube that we sing with the 'choir'.
I used to be able to copy and paste a link on my old desktop, using the right mouse button, but this doesn't seem to work on the chromebook.

So please tell me -how do I copy and paste?
Thanks in advance!
This might help you:
https://support.google.com/chromebook/?hl=en-GB#topic=3399709

https://support.google.com/chromebook/search?q=copy+and+paste&from_promoted_search=true

Also on youtube is a 'share' button. Clicking on that will open a small box which gives you a series of options for automatically plonking a link to that particular youtube film onto another site, and they also give you the chance to 'copy' the URL either by highlighting the text in the box, or clicking on the 'copy' button which places the URL onto your clipboard.
1675075122519.png

And if you ever want to save a 'still' from youtube just press 'windows' and 'print screen' together.

Yes, or, depending on your keyboard, the button with FN in a little box (on the lowest row of keys, bottom left) along with the 'Insert/Prt Sc' button, like I did for my picture above.
Other key combinations are probably also available.

Does anyone know how to do a screen print on a geobook, please? There is no print screen button.

And if you ever want to save a 'still' from youtube just press 'windows' and 'print screen' together.
In Windows 10, pressing the 'windows key/shift/s' opens a screen grab mode and you can mark the area you want to clip and it's placed directly into the clipboard and can then be pasted into almost anything.

Does anyone know how to do a screen print on a geobook, please? There is no print screen button.
Does it have a PrtSc button, on the top row?

Back