• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

Probably past the guarantee by now too. Could I get a new card? Would it be worth it?

Probably past the guarantee by now too. Could I get a new card? Would it be worth it?
Is this a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, the graphics card might be part of the motherboard.

Might be worth getting stuff tested before splashing out on expensive cards.
I've wasted a LOT of money on that over the years.

Yeah, I had a look on Amazon, even the cheap ones are pricey!

Random thought that's just occurred to me - I'm slowly getting used to Ebay, mostly as a seller, and I've got about 60 or so items currently listed. What happens if I go on holiday? I don't want to end every listing one by one, or delete my account and start again. Is there a "pause" or "holiday" function that I can use?

Many thanks, as ever, for your thoughts.

yes, it flags to bidders the period you have set during which you are away and would not be able to post

ie unable to post your items out to winning bidders ...

got to love ebay, even though its a shade of its former self, im still a hardcore junky

yes, it flags to bidders the period you have set during which you are away and would not be able to post
Thanks - I'll have to look up how to set holidays, then. Good to know it's possible. Ideally, I'd have hoped to find a feature which lets me "hide" all my listings (most of which are BIN) entirely from view during my absence, but from what you say, that isn't quite how it works?

but theres no need ... keep your stock for sale on display, potential buyers are alerted that you cant send out items for the given period and can either look elsewhere or buy and wait ...

There is a way of doing that (if you want to). Go 'All selling' in My eBay, tick the box to select all your listings, then click 'End'.

When you want to reinstate them, go to 'Unsold' on the same page, select all and click 'Relist'.

Is anybody else experiencing intermittent connection issues and long load times for pages?

Edit: Blip has passed.

Last edited:
There is a way of doing that (if you want to). Go 'All selling' in My eBay, tick the box to select all your listings, then click 'End'.

When you want to reinstate them, go to 'Unsold' on the same page, select all and click 'Relist'.

Thanks, Carlos. I've got a couple of sensible suggestions to be going on with now. Just for curiosity, I'll probably have a delve into Ebay's settings and see if I can find the "holiday" function, but your method seems foolproof.

Just wondering why I can't post on the 10 out of 10 flawless albums in chat.

Says I have to post less than 15000 characters and I'm well under that.

The following error occurred:
Please enter a message with no more than 15000 characters.

Soundcloud - can anyone actually work it?

When I listen to a podcast it runs straight onto another with no announcement. The page stays the same and I can't find anywhere to click on it to find anything. The only way I can listen to it is from a direct link from another site or an email. Baffled!

When I listen to a podcast it runs straight onto another with no announcement. The page stays the same and I can't find anywhere to click on it to find anything. The only way I can listen to it is from a direct link from another site or an email. Baffled!
It's a bit broken, isn't it?

There's a box 'search for artists, bands, tracks, podcasts' with a magnifying glass icon into which you type using your 'keyboard' device. Once you get to the end of what you're listening to, it will send you on to something random but 'related'

There's a box 'search for artists, bands, tracks, podcasts' with a magnifying glass icon into which you type using your 'keyboard' device. Once you get to the end of what you're listening to, it will send you on to something random but 'related'

Oh right, well that's the total opposite of what I want! :frust:

Back