Tech Help

Min Bannister

Justified & Ancient
I'm having similar problems with my laptop. I might give it a try with a plug-in keyboard sometime.
It could be that the keys are just wearing out.
Possibly. It is quite old. A plug in keyboard would be an easy fix at least so I hope it is that!

Gloucestrian

Devoted Cultist
Somewhat, yes. It has been a while since I used OpenSuse, I use Debian these days. 11 is quite old, likely from around the time I was using it.

INT21

Antediluvian
Somewhat, yes. It has been a while since I used OpenSuse, I use Debian these days. 11 is quite old, likely from around the time I was using it.
Thanks, I'll get back to you when I next try to get on line with the Suse machine.

I have 11 and, I think, 13. Not sure which is on the machine. At the moment it's all disconnected.

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
If anyone has KIS security and it has decided to not block ads on youtube anymore, personally, I think they sold out to youtube, apparently they cant do anything about it, which i find hard to believe as they had no problem for all the years i have had this and it suddenly doesn't work for the past few weeks, they suggest reinstalling chrome (did it, it did nothing) I ended up installing Adblock Plus, does a great job.

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
If anyone has KIS security and it has decided to not block ads on youtube anymore, personally, I think they sold out to youtube, apparently they cant do anything about it, which i find hard to believe as they had no problem for all the years i have had this and it suddenly doesn't work for the past few weeks, they suggest reinstalling chrome (did it, it did nothing) I ended up installing Adblock Plus, does a great job.
ABP has sold out as well (certain "partners" are allowed to show their ads). All the cool kids are using uBlock Origin nowadays. Nary a problem on YouTube, but I occassionally run into ads on Facebook, until uBlock updates their algorithms. I also run NoScript, but that can take a little getting used to (it blocks all scripts on all sites, so unless you have a whitelist already downloaded, it can be harrowing to create your own).

Shady

Mary Queen of Scots...temping as DEATHS Kitty
Haven't bumped into any Ads as yet, but i dont do FB Twitter and any of the other social media stuff, it was just Youtube i was having problems with and its working ok, if it does start i will use uBlock Origin, thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't like to create my own white list, jeez, i aint pooter savvy at all lol in fact, that would be me > :comphit:

INT21

Antediluvian
Haven't bumped into any Ads as yet, but i dont do FB Twitter and any of the other social media stuff, it was just Youtube i was having problems with and its working ok, if it does start i will use uBlock Origin, thanks for the tip.

I wouldn't like to create my own white list, jeez, i aint pooter savvy at all lol in fact, that would be me > :comphit:
Does your screen keep telling you that 'you appear to be using and ad' blocker'