• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Terrence Woods: TV Producer Disappears Into The Woods On Shoot

MrRING

Android Futureman
I hadn't heard of this one before:
https://deadline.com/2020/08/terren...sh-discovery-raw-tv-investigation-1203008327/

It’s a story that sounds like it belongs in a This American Life podcast. A young TV producer mysteriously vanishes while filming on the Gold Rush franchise for Discovery in the abandoned mines of Idaho County, ID. Nearly two years later, there remains not a shred of evidence about Terrence Woods’ whereabouts. Instead, in his absence, there is a grief-stricken family, a befuddled sheriff, and questions for a prolific UK production company ultimately co-owned by Discovery.

The details of what happened:
But what should have been another notch in his growing résumé quickly took an unusual turn. On the morning of Woods’ disappearance, he texted his father to let him know he was cutting short his time on the shoot by a number of weeks. The reasons for this are unclear. He did not explain why to his father, according to the texts seen by Deadline, but told Raw in an email that he wanted to see his mother, Valerie Woods, back in Maryland because she had health issues. This was despite Valerie informing her son before he went missing that she did not require surgery, as originally feared.

In the early evening that same day, the shoot was progressing as planned in the uncertain terrain of Orogrande, when Woods shocked his colleagues by doing something completely unexpected. Without warning, the producer ditched his radio in the dirt and ran down the side of a steep cliff before disappearing into a forest, multiple witnesses told the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office. He has not been seen since.

Can't see Woods for the trees...

Again, I heard a podcast about this! I think it was Trace Evidence. Very odd.

Back