The —ing Game

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Just seen elsewhere and enjoyed.

Rules:
1) Choose a film/movie title.
2) Add --ing to the end.
3) write a synopsis or tagline for your new creation.

Example:
Schindler's Listing: The harrowing tale of a wealthy industrialist born under Nazi rule with one leg slightly shorter than the other.

Heating: With the best in the business working together, it's going to mean more than just a new boiler.

The Right Stuffing: Have they got what it takes to make Christmas dinner before the Russians?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Dogging Day Afternoon (starring Spaniel Radcliffe with Deborah Curr)
Oliver Twisting (Sixties Orphan Dance Ephemera, directed by David Loon)
Murder Most Fouling (Just another emema bandit rip-off, stars Barbara Standwick)
The Thin Red Lining (Otto Primark's searing Exposé of cheap clothes with Basil Ratbrush)
The Stinging (aka Scorpion Tails, features George Panda and Anthony Turkey)
Catching 22 (West Country Bus Drama, stars John Milf and Anthony Quim)
West Siding Story (Sequel with Trains)
Dirtying Harry (Mudbath Bloodbath starring Clit Beastwood & Ernest Bogbrush)
Bending in the River (Gay Western, stars Clark Gobble and Gregory Pecker)
Bitter Mooning (Raymond Pillock's answer to his critics, stars Shorn Cunny & Yul Bummer)

I still prefer the one where you just substitute "minge" for a word! :p

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
The Fellowship of the Ringing: Lighthearted farce about misfits thrown together to serve as a Xmas handbell choir.

Death Shipping: Discomfiting documentary on how globalized trade facilitates the spread of pathogens and plagues.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
The Big Sleeping: The Rip Van Winkle folk tale re-imagined as a noir detective thriller.

The Maltese Falconing: An unscrupulous huckster generates a falconry fad to unload a shipload of birds for a quick 'n' dirty profit, only to have the residents of the deeply historical island teach him a thing or two about life.

The Return of Doctor Xing: An intense psychological thriller involving the strange disappearance of an eminent Hong Kong professor critical of the Beijing regime and his even stranger - and more suspicious - reappearance.

It's in the Airing:

1938: With Febreze not due to appear in British shops for another sixty years, George Formby demonstrates the natural way to ensure fresh-smelling laundry time and time again - all without a drop of hydroxypropyl beta-cyclodextrin in sight!

Last edited:

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Quest for Firing: Five years beyond her halcyon college partying days, a quirky but highly productive career girl decides she'd really rather be a hedonistic wastrel. If only she could find a way to force management to release her so she can fund her dreams with unemployment benefits ...

Peripart

Antediluvian
Gosford Parking

The sleepy town of Gosford comes to life on market day, when hundreds of eager shoppers descend. However, the medieval streets weren't designed for cars, and it will take all of plucky traffic warden Reg Pudworth's experience to prevent chaos.

Die Harding

It's 1922, and the US President is about to travel to New York, unaware that dark forces are plotting his assassination. It's up to plucky bodyguard Reg Pudworth to foil the plot.

Last edited:

MercuryCrest

Justified & Ancient
White Men Can't Jumping

When intrepid movie critic Van Vanderhooven moves to America to take his dream job as a critic for a small town paper, he's confronted with the fact that he has no idea when to use present tense in a movie title.

Hudson Hawking

Released from prison after 20 years, Hudson tries to escape his past as an overzealous street vendor. When his best friend is kidnapped, the two maniacal fiends responsible demand he sell one last time. His target: Paris. His sale quota: 55 souvenir Eiffel Tower statues.

Graylien

Justified and Ancient
The Man with the Golden Minge.
A View to a Minge.
The Spy Who Loved Minge.

As you were...

Last edited:

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
The Andromeda Straining: Follow the journey of a constipated man flying through space to Andromeda. With no access to a toilet and trapped in his spacesuit, time is running out. In space, no one can hear you fart...

The Stinging: Astringent drama about a man who invents the ultimate aftershave. Enough to bring tears to your eyes.

Shafting: What it says on the tin. One black cop's sex life laid bare.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
The X-Filings: Moody, Kafka-esque story of a newly hired archivist struggling to prove himself by sorting, categorizing, cataloging, and storing the documentation from a seemingly endless stream of bizarre FBI cases.

Matthew1034

Junior Acolyte
Lord of the Ringing - A campanolgists quest to find true love, happiness , and truth through the one true Ring

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Mosquito Coasting: A child-friendly animation about a family of vampiric insects who have discovered an easy way of meeting their bloody needs - make friends with the victims!

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Billy Jacking: Pathos-drenched 1926 silent melodrama about a lonely goatherd, banned in 37 countries.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secretings: When wizardry fails to fix Hogwarts' ancient plumbing, Harry takes it on himself to confront the horrors of the school's sewers.