• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Alexei Navalny Poisoning

The official story is he collapsed after having a walk, in an exercise yard presumably. No mention of poisoning that I’ve heard. although I wouldn’t rule it out.

His body is apparently being withheld from his family. Maybe there’s something in his system they don’t want found..
Lead.

I've been trying to find out the full story as to how and why Navalny came to be in prison and what crimes he allegedly committed but without luck. It seems that every search returns anything but that information.

From Wikipedia:

In March 2022, Navalny was sentenced to an additional nine years in prison after being found guilty of embezzlement and contempt of court in a new trial described as a sham by Amnesty International; his appeal was rejected and in June, he was transferred to a high-security prison.

From Wikipedia:

In March 2022, Navalny was sentenced to an additional nine years in prison after being found guilty of embezzlement and contempt of court in a new trial described as a sham by Amnesty International; his appeal was rejected and in June, he was transferred to a high-security prison.
Thanks for that although I did come across that page. I am after something that doesn't include obvious bias or opinion.

Do you trust Britannica? This details his history & anti-Putin, anti-corruption campaigning/poisoning/imprisonment.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Aleksey-Navalny

There’s many more sources if you look.
Thanks. I hadn't come across that. It also has quite a bit of bias. It uses words like 'Russia's disastrous invasion of Ukraine' which implies a pro west narrative. I'm after just the facts without pro west or a pro Russia narrative. I'll keep looking.

Thanks. I hadn't come across that. It also has quite a bit of bias. It uses words like 'Russia's disastrous invasion of Ukraine' which implies a pro west narrative. I'm after just the facts without pro west or a pro Russia narrative. I'll keep looking.
I don’t think you’re going to find one without either a pro or anti Russia stance. I mean - who’s going to remain neutral?

If you find one, do let us know.

I don’t think you’re going to find one without either a pro or anti Russia stance. I mean - who’s going to remain neutral?

If you find one, do let us know.
I think you're right.

Will the body be accidentally cremated?
I've now read so many articles stating contrary view points. The pro west MSM say one thing, the pro Russian say another. I don't think the truth is found in either and I also think the danger lies in taking one view point over the other.

The west is just as guilty of Russia of getting rid of opponents to political view points. It's just the western MSM don't report it in the same way as they do for Russian dissidents. Understanding the west isn't anything but spotless is very important.

All I think we are doing is watching a pantomime believing that pantomime is factual. I also have come to think there is much, much more to this story than just Putin kills dissident with poison.

But this 'pantomime' is killing people.
Some things aren't open to nuance. "Well, he imprisoned his only serious political opponent then put him in a high security prison in a desolate spot, where the prisoner died. What a coincidence, eh?"
People say the West is just as bad, they should talk to ex-pats. Those who can speak freely, of course.

But this 'pantomime' is killing people.
Some things aren't open to nuance. "Well, he imprisoned his only serious political opponent then put him in a high security prison in a desolate spot, where the prisoner died. What a coincidence, eh?"
People say the West is just as bad, they should talk to ex-pats. Those who can speak freely, of course.
I can only agree that people are being killed. What I mean by pantomime is what actually happens in the world of the rich and powerful and those who seek to expose them is hidden from us and the real truth rarely comes out and the loose ends never get tied.

Navalny had been investigating some seriously nasty and powerful people and these people have a long reach and the money and connections to 'correct' any threat to them. Putin may have ordered his death, he may not, but the question I have is if the state had wanted Navalny dead, they could have done it sooner and in a way that looked more 'natural'.

With regards the west, a while back I was reading an article on a website about the number of US politicians and political advisers who had died in suspicious circumstances in the last 20 years. The investigative and independent journalist had looked into about 30 deaths and had found 11 of them highly questionable.

One being 'as bad as the other' doesn't give a free pass to a dictator who seems to be modeling himself on Stalin. You question why The State (i.e. Putin) didn't get rid of him sooner or more 'natural' - the most obvious answer is "Putin is making a statement; to the West and the people of Russia."

I never implied or mentioned about a free pass to have a person killed. Navalny had made many enemies and my point was it could have been one of those enemies. It could also have been Putin. It's very difficult with these types of events to know what the truth is and unless you are an experienced investigator, the MSM and the internet is of no use as the truth will not be found there.

According to The Times
Two days before Alexei Navalny was pronounced dead at the bleak “Polar Wolf” prison at Kharp, high in the Arctic Circle, several officers from the FSB, the Russian intelligence service, are said to have paid a visit — and proceeded to disconnect and dismantle some of the security cameras and listening devices there.

It's reminiscent of the alleged shenanigans surrounding Jeffrey Epstein's suicide/being suicided.

Kesavaross - Are there any sources of information on the internet that you would trust?
I don't consider myself as an investigator - I just consider and discuss the likelihood of a conclusion. To me, the odds are that Putin ordered the death of a credible opposition leader. The victim might have other enemies but this is the most likely situation.

Kesavaross - Are there any sources of information on the internet that you would trust?
I don't consider myself as an investigator - I just consider and discuss the likelihood of a conclusion. To me, the odds are that Putin ordered the death of a credible opposition leader. The victim might have other enemies but this is the most likely situation.
It depends what the subject matter is. In the context of what's being discussed, generally speaking there are very few sources easily found that I trust.

The other evening a friend sent me a link to two men discussing Ukraine. One was a retired NATO weapons inspector and the other was a retired army general. They spoke with knowledge and experience. People like that I trust. They had both been banned from most social media platforms because they speak about what's actually happening as opposed to what we're told is going on.

With Putin and the question of did he order the killing or not, the only real conclusion is that we just don't know. Of course, the MSM does know because they have told us they know just like they tell the truth because they told us they do.

I think there is much more behind Navalny's death than we've been told.

I'm now going to gracefully bow out of this topic.

1. Perspective. Stalin killed  millions of his own people.
2. Politics.

I've now read so many articles stating contrary view points. The pro west MSM say one thing, the pro Russian say another. I don't think the truth is found in either and I also think the danger lies in taking one view point over the other.

The west is just as guilty of Russia of getting rid of opponents to political view points. It's just the western MSM don't report it in the same way as they do for Russian dissidents. Understanding the west isn't anything but spotless is very important.

All I think we are doing is watching a pantomime believing that pantomime is factual. I also have come to think there is much, much more to this story than just Putin kills dissident with poison.
It goes without saying that Russian version is different to the opposing ‘Western’ one.

Any official Russian source will be far more ‘mainstream’ from their viewpoint - you don’t get to run a tv outlet or publish a newspaper in Russia unless you toe the Putin supporter line.

Once again, poison hasn’t been mentioned as the cause as far as I’ve seen.

We know he was a Putin opponent & critic. We know he was poisoned with Novichok & went to Germany to recover. We know he was imprisoned in Siberia by the Russian state . We know he’s now dead.

It looks like you’re going out of your way not to believe the most likely of explanations.

the MSM and the internet is of no use as the truth will not be found there.
You seem to be a bit obsessed with ‘MSM’ as you see it. The lumping together of many different sources under a MSM umbrella then allows you to dismiss it as essentially you don’t believe anything found on MSM.

That’s pretty circular reasoning.

It has been suggested by our allies that this man was killed by “ open strategic slow motion “ by slowly taking away things necessary for life.

This is only a suggested opinion.

This would seem related. Can’t oppose the regime & expect to get away with it.

Russian pilot who defected to Ukraine found shot dead near Benidorm

Maxim Kuzminov’s body was found with a dozen gunshot wounds inside a garage in Villajoyosa, at 5pm, on February 13.

A burnt-out car which was believed to be involved in the shooting was found shortly afterwards in El Campello, and police are looking for two suspects.
Mr Kuzminov landed a Mi-8 helicopter in Kharkiv, Ukraine, last August, while flying between two Russian bases.

He shot dead two crew members on board who were unhappy about landing in Ukraine.

Ukraine’s GUR military intelligence said at the time it lured him into defecting.

Sergei Naryshkin, Russia’s foreign intelligence chief, said: ‘In Russia it is customary to speak either good of the dead or nothing at all.

‘This traitor and criminal became a moral corpse at the very moment when he planned his dirty and terrible crime.’

Civil Guard Investigators are looking into the possibility Mr Kuzminov was using a fake identity in Spain.

Pro-war Russian blogger who revealed huge Avdiivka losses dies by suicide​

/just days after reporting that Russia had suffered major losses in Avdiivka
// I think maybe suicide should be put in quotes here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...revealed-huge-avdiivka-losses-dies-by-suicide

"Andrey Morozov, a prominent pro-war Russian blogger, has reportedly died by suicide following outrage over a post in which he claimed that the Russian army lost 16,000 soldiers during the capture of the eastern Ukrainian city of Avdiivka.

Morozov, who went by the pseudonym Murz on Telegram, was an ultra-nationalist commentator who fought alongside Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine in 2014 and participated in Russia’s full-scale invasion in 2022.

On Sunday, Morozov wrote to his 120,000 followers on Telegram that Russia lost 16,000 personnel and 300 pieces of armour during its months-long capture of Avdiivka. The post drew heavy criticism from senior Russian propagandists, who accused the blogger of “slandering the Russian defence ministry”.

In Morozov’s final messages on Tuesday morning, he announced his suicide and said he was pressured by his superiors to delete the post detailing the number of casualties in Avdiivka. Several people close to Morozov on Tuesday confirmed his death, with some saying that he had shot himself."

Just listened to a pro-Putin supporting 'academic' on Radio 4. According to him, Navalny died of a heart attack, brought on by accidental mistreatment by his prison guard.
He insists that all these deaths concerning Putin opponents is just their 'bad luck' and they shouldn't have supported the Western terrorist regime.

Just listened to a pro-Putin supporting 'academic' on Radio 4. According to him, Navalny died of a heart attack, brought on by accidental mistreatment by his prison guard.
He insists that all these deaths concerning Putin opponents is just their 'bad luck' and they shouldn't have supported the Western terrorist regime.
I'd hate to be a Russian, with all that 'bad luck'.

I am staggered that Radio 4 would give airtime to such an individual. Did the interviewer not challenge him?

Fancy that..

Alexei Navalny's lawyer Vasily Dubkov arrested in Moscow

According to Russian media sources, Vasily Dubkov was detained for "violating public order", but the Russian authorities have not yet confirmed the arrest

Dubkov has been taken to Moscow’s Schcherbinksky district police station, according to the Sota media outlet. Three of Navalny’s lawyers were jailed in October 2023 on accusations related to the Kremlin critic’s groups being banned as "extremist." Two other Navalny lawyers have since fled Russia.

Back