• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Allagash Abduction Incident (Maine; 1976)

Ronnie Jersey

Justified & Ancient
(This thread has been spun off from the Pascagoula thread)

... Which reminds me of the Allagash abduction of 4 men who were abducted in 1976 on the Allagash waterway in Maine. Two of them were twins, their story is absolutely frightening, I don't see it on this site?
Their story has been examined and re-examined in every detail over the years - I believe them, hard to imagine how much they suffered.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some indications Allagash was a hoax.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Which reminds me of the Allagash abduction of 4 men who were abducted in 1976 on the Allagash waterway in Maine. Two of them were twins, their story is absolutely frightening, I don't see it on this site?

Hmmm ... You're right - the Allagash incident doesn't seem to have been mentioned here before.

This new thread has been established to cover it.

I think one of the men, Chuck Rak, has in recent years claimed that while they did have a UFO sighting, the abduction part was conscious 'embroidery'.

I think one of the men, Chuck Rak, has in recent years claimed that while they did have a UFO sighting, the abduction part was conscious 'embroidery'.

I think that Rak's 'confession' is particularly significant due to the mutually supporting nature of the four mens' testimony. As Hilary Evans has pointed out (Magonia ETH bulletin 10):

it's with Allagash like it is with Walton: IF what the witnesses say happened DID happen, then there's no two ways about it, ETs are real, flying saucers are real, abductions are real, all is real as real can be.
So did it happen? There are four primary witnesses, not to mention the various friends and relatives who get drawn into the story: their accounts all more or less agree. If one of them isn't telling the truth, then none of them is.
Could they be mistaken? It's hard to see how. Their stories are detailed, factual and mutually validating. Hallucination? Misinterpretation? Folie à quatre? Whatever is true for one must be true for all.
So if their story isn't true, it has been in some manner fabricated. And if so, the four of them must know it, or at the very least suspect it.

Here's the UFO Casebook write-up (with a video) on the Allagash incident:

The Allagash Abduction
https://www.ufocasebook.com/Allagash.html
I certainly didn't mean for you to open a whole new thread on the Allagash Abduction, for the usual doubters.
Thank you, it's a great case. And when something involves four people it has more credibility. The twins, Jack and Jim Weiner, really suffered from that abduction.

I found this video on youtube, it is Joan Rivers' talk show interview with all four victims, fascinating:

Back