• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Angel Light (Troy Hurtubise Invention For Seeing Through Walls)

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
See through walls and defy the laws of physics in one goo - although the device is a bit less portable than the X-ray specs you could buy in comics ;)

This guy also comes up with a "miraculous" substance in the Starlite thread:

forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 896#278896
Link is obsolete. The current link is:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...destructible-materials.708/page-2#post-278896

Hurtubise says invention sees through walls

BayToday.ca exclusive
By Phil Novak
BayToday.ca
Sunday, January 16, 2005

Troy Hurtubise has done the seemingly impossible with his newest invention and defied all known rules of physics, he says.

The Angel Light—Hurtubise claims the concept came to him in a recurring dream—can reportedly see through walls, as if there was no barrier at all.

That’s not all, though.

So impressed

Hurtubise, 41, said the device detects stealth technology.

And he’s done the tests to prove it, with the covert help of scientists at the famed Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Hurtubise said.

If that’s not enough, Hurtubise also said the French government sent representatives to North Bay to witness a demonstration of the Angel Light.

Hurtubise said the reps were so impressed with the eight-foot long device they paid him $40,000 in cash to put the finishing touches on it.

New universe

The French, Hurtubise adds, have also agreed to pay him a “substantial” amount of money for the technology if it passes rigorous tests in France.

“They couldn’t believe what they saw,” Hurtubise told BayToday.ca.

“One of them told me it was as if I’d discovered a new universe.”

Gary Dryfoos, a consultant and former long-time instructor at MIT, said "there's a Nobel Prize" for Hurtubise if the Angel Light really performs as described.

"There are laws of physics waiting to be written for what he's talking about," Dryfoos said.

The French aren't the only ones interested in Hurtubise's innovations.

BayToday.ca has obtained documentation confirming that the former head of Saudi counter-intelligence, who asked that his name not be used, has been in regular contact with Hurtubise regarding the Angel Light, fire paste, and the Light Infantry Military Blast Cushions (LIMBC).

Ultra-wideband technology

While Hurtubise’s claims appear, on the surface, to strain credulity, he has now placed himself miles ahead in the quest by high-tech companies to invent something that will do the same thing.

Motorola Inc. for example, has set its sights on emerging technology that could allow first responders and Special Forces to see through building walls, the Washington Technology Web site reports.

Camero Inc. an Israeli firm founded by technology and intelligence veterans, received $5 million from Motorola and other investors to develop portable imaging radar that uses ultra-wideband technology to create a 3-D picture of objects that are concealed by walls or other barriers.

Plasma light

Three units make up the Angel Light.

The main unit, which Hurtubise calls the centrifuge, contains the Angel Light’s brains and includes black, white, red and fluorescent light sources, as well as seven industrial lasers.

The second unit, or the deflector grid, contains a large circle of optical glass, a microwave unit and plasma intermixed with carbon dioxide.

The third unit contains eight plasma light rods, CO2 charges, industrial magnets, 108 mirrors, eight ionization cells industrial lights, and other components Hurtubise chooses to remain tight-lipped about.

Just a dream

Hurtubise said the Angel Light has cost $30,000 to build—he sold percentages of his other innovations to finance it—as well as 800 to 900 hours of his time.

He credits his subconscious with the idea.

“I had a dream about a year and a half ago as I do for most of my innovations, just a dream, and I saw it, saw the whole casing and everything, and I saw what it could do,” Hurtubise said.

“I had the same dream about that three times and by the third time I had it in my head and I started to build it.”

Through the wall

Troy dreamed the Angel Light would be able to see through walls with window-like efficiency, and then built it with no blueprints, drawings or schematics.

“I turned it on—that was well over a year ago—and it worked and it was really awesome.”

Hurtubise said he could see into the garage behind his lab wall, and read the licence plate on his wife's car and even see the salt on it.

"I almost broke my knuckles three or four times, because it was almost like you could step through the wall," Hurtubise said.

"You could be fooled into believing that you could actually walk through the wall and go touch the car."

Across the border

Hurtubise called his MIT contacts with news of what he’d done.

“They told me that I was playing with electromagnetism,” Hurtubise said.

The conversation ultimately led to the discovery of the Angel Light’s other startling properties.

Hurtubise said “somebody from MIT” shipped him an eight-inch by eight-inch piece of panelling from the latest Comanche helicopter, which was built using radar-resistant stealth technology.

“It’s amazing what you can get across the border on a Greyhound bus,” Hurtubise said.

Pick it up

Hurtubise was instructed to set up an outdoor track, which he did on First Nations land.

He attached the panel piece to a remote control car that went down the track.

Hurtubise then aimed the Angel Light at the panel and turned on a radar gun.

“I was able to pick it up the panel on the radar gun,” he said.

Stopped working

But a strange thing happened to the car, once it was hit by the Angel Light beam: it stopped working.

Hurtubise returned to his lab and began testing the Angel Light on other electronic items including portable radios, TVs and a microwave over.

“They all stopped working,” Hurtubise said.

He duly reported this to his MIT contacts.

"They said 'Troy, this is unbelievable.'"

To the ground

Hurtubise purchase a remote-control plane for $1,800 and took it and the Angel Light to a flying field on the way to Powassan.

He directed the Angel Light beam toward the sky and started the plane flying.

"On the first loop it came around, passed through the beam of light and fell right to the ground,” Hurtubise said.

Peeled it back

Hurtubise continued testing the light on other materials and discovered it could also see through other metals including steel, tin, titanium and, unlike Superman, lead.

As well the beam also penetrated ceramic and wood.

The Hurtubise put his hand in the light beam.

“I could see my blood vessels, muscles, everything, like I’d taken an Exacto knife, cut into my skin and peeled it back,” Hurtubise said.

Bad stuff

Soon after, Hurtubise discovered the Angel Light had devilish side-effects.

He lost feeling in the finger of the exposed hand and began suffering an overall malaise.

“MIT told me every time I turned it on there must have been splash-back hitting me,” Hurtubise said.

A test on a tank of goldfish was even more disturbing.

“I turned the beam on it and within minutes all the goldfish died,” Hurtubise said.

“That’s when I realized there was a Hyde effect, as in Jekyll and Hyde, and I dismantled the whole thing.”

Walked on water

He didn’t reassemble it until the French called him after seeing a Discovery Channel program about the LIMBC.

Hurtubise believes the Hyde effect can be taken out, but by others who have far more expertise than him.

In the meantime Hurtubise believes that after 17 years inventing, his ship may finally have come in with France.

"My brother told me the only way I'd be able to sell any of my innovations is by walking on water," Hurtubise said.

"Well, I think I've just walked on water."

Source

Anyone else read that report and get deja vu? It reads like a re-run of the fiasco over the Death Ray.

Great stuff though!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As there aren't any images of it in action (i.e. with it "seeing" through a wall) then I'm guessing that it either doesn't work as advertised or it is cobblers. I'm still willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, but why didn't he demonstrate it to the journalist who spoke to him? (I could be wrong, but the article suggests that there was no demo.)

Implausible.......... YES
Impossible...........maybe

Like Fortis I would like to give this bloke the benefit of the doubt, but untill there is an actual proven demonstration I will remain firmly on the fence.

.......... but why didn't he demonstrate it to the journalist who spoke to him? (I could be wrong, but the article suggests that there was no demo.)

Perhaps the non-demonstration was a result of the rather convenient side effect. "best not fire it up mate, it'll ruin your cameras and may even kill you"

If this is real then its a great scientific achievement but I must admit I would expect a discovery like this to be announced on April 1st.

I can believe that the gizmo interferes with electronic devices, it probaby leaks electromagnetic radiation all over the place (I'd bet it screws up all his neighbours' TV reception), but that's normal physics.

The making walls transparent bit sounds extremely unlikely. I predict this will go the same way as way all of the antigravity devices built in peoples sheds and garages.

This site has PIX of various Hurtubise inventions:

http://www.americanantigravity.com/hurtubise.shtml
The Angel Light
Based on a dream, the Angel Light fuses-light to make solid objects transparent with dangerous side-effects!

Troy's Blast Cushions
This photo shows Hurtubise holding one of his bulletproof Blast Cushions -- capable of stopping any firearm!

The Ursus Bearsuit
Built for Project Grizzly, the Bearsuit is tough enough that even a razor-sharp samurai sword can't penetrate it!

Combat Vehicle Protection
This Light Infantry Military Blast Cushion (LIMBC) offers total protection from rockets and improvised explosives.

Fire Paste
Remember Starlite? Hurtubise developed fire-paste to create a similar substance impervious to heat.

Impervious to Fire
Witness the absolute heat-blocking ability of fire paste - only 1/2 inch stops a blowtorch from scorching Troy!

Canadian Inventor Troy Hurtubise is at it again -- the intrepid inventor of the Bearsuit, Fire-Paste, and Light Infantry Military Blast Cushion has revealed a new invention which he claims can 'fuse light'. Hurtubise has been featured demonstrating his other inventions on numerous television and radio shows, but if his claims about Angel-Light are correct it may be too dangerous to test!

According to Hurtubise, the Angel-Light has a unique effect: it makes solid objects completely transparent, a bit like the classic comic-book "X-Ray specs" were supposed to work. However, Troy's found a secondary "Hyde-Effect" that makes it unpredictably dangerous. The beam will destroy any electronics in the beam's path -- even up to aircraft at 70,000 feet in height. Even worse, the beam causes nearly immediate biological damage that's made Troy hesistant to continue researching it!

I wonder if the ray works as well as his bear protection suit? Any fans of Project Grizzly out there?

The Ursus Bearsuit
Built for Project Grizzly, the Bearsuit is tough enough that even a razor-sharp samurai sword can't penetrate it!
How many bears have razor sharp samurai swords anyway?

Thick as a Brick

Remember the gizmo for "seeing through solid walls!" which was advertized in magazines a few years back? That one turned out to be a two-eyepiece viewing tube that had to be SCREWED through the wall. It even included a drill bit to make the hole!

And decades ago there was a scientific-looking contraption which claimed that it permitted the viewer to gaze directly through a solid brick placed between two viewing tubes. This super-science wonder was eventually revealed to have four angled mirrors inside, a sort of double periscope, which reflected the image from the receiving eyepiece down and UNDER the brick and then back again to the viewing eyepiece.

What is a Hyde effect? Anything that is dangerous for you, or something that atually changes you into some savage brute?

A ray that can kill electronics, sounds plausible. A directed EM-pulse. The rest not so much.

Couldn't the imaging techniques used by modern archaeologists (among others) to obtain information through many feet of solid rock and even more of looser soils be utilized to "see" through a three- or four-inch-thick plaster lath wall? A combination of radar, sonar, magnetic imaging and infra-red devices ought to give you a pretty fair idea of who's at the party next door.

I think what archeologists tend to use is sensitive magnetic field sensors, sort of metal detectors, and sonar. Nothing that makes things transparent to visible light.

The latest on Troy H
But Hurtubise is always working on new ideas and he has a wild sleep regimen that’ll make most hearts weak: He stays awake for 50 hours in a row then sleeps for 24, and he’s been doing that for decades. What keeps him going? Coffee, and sugar, and lots of them!

Canadian Inventor Troy Hurtubise joins us to talk about the "Angel Light", a device that he's constructed based on a dream that he claims can generate a beam of energy that makes objects invisible. Hurtubise claims that the beam also has seriously negative effects on nearby living organisms. Hurtubise previous inventions include a fire-proof coating material named "FirePaste", and a compressed multi-layer Kevlar device he calls the "Light Infantry Military Blast Cushion" or LIMBC, as well as the infamous "Project Grizzly", which was sponsored by the Canadian Government and included the development of an armored suit for wildlife research. Hurtubise inventions are well documented through both Radio & Television Media, and thus far he has not made any claims for his prior mechanical inventions that haven't proven true. Thus, his claims about the Angel Light making substances invisible proves to make for an intriguing story. Originally recorded: Jan 28th, 2005

Hurtubise was a real-life mad inventor. Much of what he came up with had some snake oil and hype added.
I mean, the bear suit worked (kinda) - but then, anybody with engineering ability could have created it.
I do not believe the extraordinary claims of this mysterious Angel Light, because it's so sketchy.

I've often worried if the Angel Light was a real phenomenon, or if he just subjected himself to a known force that altered his perceptions. The Project Grizzly film is definitely worth tracking down though.

The trailer:

The whole film on the National Film Board of Canada's YouTube site:

Back