• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Backwards Forehead Tattoo

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hell I always assumed that was a joke but this shows people really are that stupid:

Mo. Man Charged After Slur Word Claim

Dec 28, 5:40 PM (ET)

INDEPENDENCE, Mo. (AP) - Police have charged a man with filing a false police report after he claimed someone tried to carve a slur on his forehead.

There was one little problem with 22-year-old Floyd Elliot's story: The superficial wound was backward, as if it were made while looking into a mirror.

Officials on Monday said that the slur also was burned into Elliot's chest, but it was not backward. They say he filed the original report on Dec. 14 because he wanted more officers to patrol his Independence neighborhood.

---

Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com

Source

For some reason this reminds me of the legend of the biker who painted 'Hell's Angles' on the back of his jacket.
This is made more amusing by the fact that my parents knew a guy who DID, only he was too big and scary for anyone to tell him.
;)

Non Angli sed Angeli (Not Angles, but Angels.)
Pope Gregory the Great, c. 540-604, on seeing English slaves in Rome.

This is made more amusing by the fact that my parents knew a guy who DID, only he was too big and scary for anyone to tell him.

A teacher friend of mine met someone who actually did too, though tatooed across his knuckles.

I'm sure I can remember reading a story in one of the tabloids many moons ago about a homeless man who had the words "F*ck Off", sans asterisk, tatooed across his forehead, and was arrested for threatening behaviour when he removed his headband on a hot day.

My kids' favourite story was about the chap who had a painful boil on his behind and decided to apply a plaster.

He worked out how to do it - lock the bedroom door, close the curtains, drop his pants, back up to the mirror, take out the plaster, apply it to the boil, pants up, job done.

Next day he notices the plaster - on the mirror.

Used to have'em in stitches. It's the way I tell'em. :lol:

Tattoos

I posted this tale on another thread somewhere and can't remember which - but years ago, when I worked for the CPS we had a client who was a thorn in everyone's side - totally off his head most of the time and in and out of court on a weekly basis.

One day, a fairly lenient judge made a humorous, tongue in cheek comment about our client's being a 'naughty rascal' during his sentencing. The next time he appeared as a client , this miscreant had had the words 'Norty Raskal' tattooed on his forehead. Not content with that, he then CHANGED HIS NAME BY DEED POLL TO - you've guessed it! Made the national papers.....

BlackRiverFalls said:

A teacher friend of mine met someone who actually did too, though tatooed across his knuckles.

I'm sure I can remember reading a story in one of the tabloids many moons ago about a homeless man who had the words "F*ck Off", sans asterisk, tatooed across his forehead, and was arrested for threatening behaviour when he removed his headband on a hot day.

I once saw a bloke in Lincoln with "Antichrist" tattooed across his forehead. Strange thing was, in all other respects he looked pretty much "together".

Good luck finding a job, mate.

I once heard of a skinhead in Bristol who had tattooed the word 'HATE' across his forehead...sadly, he'd been looking in the mirror while he was doing his handiwork..... :lol:

The was some agressive drunk who used to hang around the Interchange in Bradford, he had MANCESTER tattooed over his forehead. Haven't seen him for years, thankfully.

Yeah, we get some good tattoos up here as well. There are several young ladies of dubious virtue with the name of the local rough housing estate followed by "4 Eva" accross their necks. Very fetching, I'm sure you'll agree.

Also, a year or so back, I was introduced to a parish councillor at a fun day thing I was working at, and as I went to shake hands with this otherwise normal looking old boy, noticed he had "Fuck Off" tattooed accross his right palm.

Not mental in any way, shape or form :shock:

"Fuck Off" tattooed accross his right palm.
:rofl:

Wonder what the story behind that is.

I mean, you don't go to the tattooist with a couple of vague ideas....I think I'd like a black puma on my forearm...no, what about 'Mum' with a badly-drawn rose.....hmmm, those nekkid ladies with huge bosoms are very dignified.....I know! I Know! 'Fuck off' on the palm of my hand! Simple and to the point!

I knew someone who was a deaf mute who could lipread. If someone asked his name he'd smile then pull his bottom lip down ... revealing his first name tattooed on it!

Jolly Jack said:
Also, a year or so back, I was introduced to a parish councillor at a fun day thing I was working at, and as I went to shake hands with this otherwise normal looking old boy, noticed he had "Fuck Off" tattooed accross his right palm.

Not mental in any way, shape or form :shock:

There is a guy who occasionally plays pool in my local who has "Fuck Off" tattooed on his right elbow (ouch) but it is only really obvious when he is playing pool.

BlackRiverFalls said:

I remember that story, although I recall the tatoo reading "F*ck Off And Die", and when it went to court, his defence counsel suggested (not entirely seriously) that he have the words "Please Don't" tattoed in front, so it would no longer be threatening!

Then there was that bloke who had an extra finger grafted on to fit a tattoo.
tattoo.jpg

i remember a "local drunk", who used to get on the bus when we where returning from school..he had "rovers" (for Blackburn Rovers) tattooed on his forhead ...the first "R" and the "S" were backwards.. :lol: .. I hvent seen or heard of him for years though, couldn't tell you if it was ever "fixed" of "removed"

Right, for this experiment you need a pencil and a piece of paper.

I've heard many times that a person cannot write legibly on their own forehead because the hand is facing towards the eyes and so will reverse the directions the brain tells it to take. Or something.

Tried this myself many years ago and can't remember what the result was.
It may be that trying it 'cold', ie without the forewarning that it's impossible or very difficult, gives a truer result that being able to consciously attempt to form the letters correctly.
Try it on your friends! ;)
Or something.

*goes off to find pencil and paper to write on forehead with*

Very sadly, I tried it. Pity me in my patheticness. :(

Here is the result. I tried writing 'CARLA' and 'ESCARGOT' and got quite a lot right. But then, I'd been warned, and have tried this before.

forehead.jpg

once heard of a skinhead from bath who had tried to get the band name "skrewdriver" (the notorious nazi band) tattooed on his forehead, but it was spelt by the tattooist as "screwdriver". he then allegedly tried to join the foreign legion, but they knocked him back for being an obvious idiot, so he apparently grew a fringe, and tried again, only to be recognised and laughed at again.

On a slight tangent, I remember one day years ago when a few kids from my class in middle school wrote AVFC on their foreheads with marker pen - obviously this was after school, on their way home.
One particularly stupid kid asked if they'd write it on his forehead too, which the obligingly did, and gleefully he went off home, eager to show his parents to impress them (I said he was stupid).

Immediately on his arrival home he found out - they hard way - that the kids had actually written "fuck off, dad" on his forehead.

I worked in a school where one of the pupil's Mother had the girl's Dad's name tattooed on her forehead. Not only would it read backwards when she looked in the mirror but apparently this woman was illiterate too! :shock: Class, you can't buy it!

I have two similar, but not exactly forehead tattoo stories.

The first was a FOAF tale. Supposedly my ex-BF's ex-fiance had a friend that got goofed up on LSD or something and tried to carve Jesus into his forehead, but it was backwards because the guy was using a mirror.

The second story is actually attributed to a person, but I still don't know if it is true. One of the local tattoo artists (let's call him Jerry) got a little wasted at work one night. Well, this being a college town, a frat boy came in wanting a tattoo. He wanted the Super Man 'S' emblem tattooed on his back. So, Jerry got to work. After he was finished, Jerry realized that he did the thing backwards and since he didn't want to get into any trouble, he decided not to mention it. When the frat boy looked at the tattoo in the mirror, all seemed well and he paid and went on his way. It seems to me that if this story is true, that one of the guys friends would have eventually told him that the tattoo was backwards and he would have sought out Jerry for some sort of retribution. But who knows.

tattooist friends of mine have recently managed to 1) tattoo a design upside down, client said nothing, and placed a tattoo on someones forearm while the arm was at a funny angle, thus when arm was straightened tattoo was twisted... person wasnt arsed though.

From the front page - deserved to be here rather than Bizzare Auctions

Man auctions ad space on forehead

A 20-year-old US man is selling advertising space on his forehead to the highest bidder on website eBay.

Andrew Fischer, from Omaha, Nebraska, said he would have a non-permanent logo or brand name tattooed on his head for 30 days.

"The way I see it I'm selling something I already own; after 30 days I get it back," he told the BBC Today programme.

Mr Fischer has received 39 bids so far, with the largest bid currently at more than $322 (£171).

"The winner will be able to send me a tattoo or have me go to a tattoo parlour and get a temporary ink tattoo on my forehead and this will be something they choose, a company name or domain name, perhaps their logo," he told the Radio 4 programme.

I wouldn't go around with 666, the mark of the beast
Andrew Fisher

On the online auction, Mr Fischer describes himself as an "average American Joe, give or take".

His sales pitch adds: "Take advantage of this radical advertising campaign and become a part of history."

Mr Fischer said that while he would accept any brand name or logo, "I wouldn't go around with a swastika or anything racial".

He added: "I wouldn't go around with 666, the mark of the beast.

"Other than that I wouldn't promote anything socially unacceptable such as adult websites or stores."

He said he would use the money to pay college - he is planning to study graphic design.

The entrepreneur said his mother was initially surprised by his decision but following all the media attention she felt he was "thinking outside the box".

-------------------
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/t ... 161413.stm

Published: 2005/01/10 12:03:42 GMT

© BBC MMV

Emperor said:
From the front page - deserved to be here rather than Bizzare Auctions

Man auctions ad space on forehead

A 20-year-old US man is selling advertising space on his forehead to the highest bidder on website eBay.

Andrew Fischer, from Omaha, Nebraska, said he would have a non-permanent logo or brand name tattooed on his head for 30 days.

"The way I see it I'm selling something I already own; after 30 days I get it back," he told the BBC Today programme.

Mr Fischer has received 39 bids so far, with the largest bid currently at more than $322 (£171).........

Co. to Advertise on Neb. Man's Forehead

Jan 24, 6:09 PM (ET)

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - A Web-page designer who auctioned off the use of his forehead for advertising space is cashing in. Andrew Fischer, who put his forehead advertising space for sale on e-Bay, received $37,375 to advertise the snoring remedy, SnoreStop.

Fischer will display the SnoreStop logo on his forehead for one month.

"I look forward to an enjoyable association with Andrew - a man who clearly has a head for business in every sense of the word," SnoreStop CEO Christian de Rivel said.

Source

escargot said:
Very sadly, I tried it. Pity me in my patheticness. :(

Err, guess who was just hiding behind her monitor, hoping no one would burst in and see me scribbling on a post-it attached to my forehead..?

Veruca, I admire your ingenuity in using a post-it instead of trying to hold a scrap of notepaper to your forehead as I did. :yeay:

I think we should see the result, for you must have managed a better result than I did. ;)

Is my picture OK by the way? If it's too big I will resize it.

I'd rather not post the results here since they're unreadable -on the same post-it happened to be some other text (my record in matching pairs game, by the way). But someone's going to have lots of post-it fun tonight, oh yes (pretty sad, especially since it's Saturday).
Oh, anyone knows the game "Who Am I?" where sticking post-its on one's forehead is essential? Now that's a fun game.

I just had to try again so here's the result of my second experiment...looks satanic IMO

http://tinypic.com/29vkap

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to attach the image to the reply instead of just linking into it. But then again, a person who takes writing on her forehead this seriously shouldn't be expected to know that...or anything else.. :D

Back