• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Beatles Live On In Another Dimension?

How did the concert go?.

Astounding! Paul played for almost 3 hours without a drink, not even a break aside from the two minutes he took before the encore.
37 Songs played crossing The Quarrymen, The Beatles, Wings & his solo career. There were touching tributes to George & John and lots of classics and a few surprises.
He blew it out of the stadium with Jet, Live & Let Die & Helter Skelter and even if you weren't a McCartney fan, you couldn't help but feel that you were are part of something special being in the presence of an actual Beatles and singing along (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) with 45,000 others during Hey Jude.
I doubt he'll be back to these shores again (he is 81 after all), so I have crossed something off my bucket list.

Astounding! Paul played for almost 3 hours without a drink, not even a break aside from the two minutes he took before the encore.
37 Songs played crossing The Quarrymen, The Beatles, Wings & his solo career. There were touching tributes to George & John and lots of classics and a few surprises.
He blew it out of the stadium with Jet, Live & Let Die & Helter Skelter and even if you weren't a McCartney fan, you couldn't help but feel that you were are part of something special being in the presence of an actual Beatles and singing along (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) with 45,000 others during Hey Jude.
I doubt he'll be back to these shores again (he is 81 after all), so I have crossed something off my bucket list.
I wish I'd been there. That sounds amazing.

The American TV this week is talking about the Beatles landing at JFK Airport 60 years ago to perform on the The Ed Sullivan Show.

Since I was never knew what the latest “ teen “ happening, I said to myself who were the Beatles.

I thought the world had gone crazy over some bugs.

People were absolutely crazy about the Beatles.

Wow M’lud, how lucky are you. I knew virtually nothing about the Beatles until December 1980 when John Lennon was murdered (I was almost 10 years of age).

The media hype that followed his death, made me take a huge interest in their lives and music, which has stuck with me ever since.

I’m dead jealous there mate.

Paul tells how when they played the Ed Sullivan show, just before he went on to sing Yesterday (on his own of course) the stage guy said
''Are you nervous Paul?''

Paul replied, ''No I don't think so''.

Stage hand says, ''Well you should be, there's over 70 million people watching this on tv''.

No pressure then.............

According to wikipedia, the first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show almost did not happen.

George Harrison had a bad strep throat and was worried being so weak that he would fall out during the Ed Sullivan TV show.

As we know he got through the performance.

The question to me is why people went crazy over the Beatles as there were other performers ?

Back