• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Beatles Live On In Another Dimension?

CarlosTheDJ

Antediluvian
OK guys, I just found this site. The quote on the opening page:

The Beatles
"Everyday Chemistry"
On Sept. 9, 2009 I experienced something that I still am having trouble believing happened to me.
I came into the possession of a cassette tape containing a Beatles album that was never released.

I dont expect you to believe what happened to me, I sure wouldn't, but thats why I grabbed the tape as proof that my experience was real.

The Story of the Tape

If you want to download the album use the links to the left or grab the zip file!

Email me at: [email protected]

Odd enough, but wait til you read "The Story" which explains where he got it from!

http://www.thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/

class!

great story, downloading album as we speak.

And do actually listen to the music. The tracks I heard were actually really good. A nice bit of remixing, blending, cutting, splicing and adding, I suppose.

The sixth track, I'm Just Sitting Here, is Lennon's solo number "Watching the Wheels" with the riff from "I Feel Fine" played backwards and bits of "Act Naturally" and "I Am The Walrus" overlaid.

But, all that said, it sounds great, and as it's all sourced from Beatles tunes you could say it's authentic (at least in some senses.)

I like :).

edited because I can't count anymore, apparently.

This site has been posted on a places I go to in the last week or so. As a story it's unconvincing but makes for a great 'Astounding Tales' material! As a viral it's certainly picking up pace though, so hats off to the chap(ette) behind it all.

Funnily enough, I'm supposed to be meeting someone with a copy of this for me as I can't download it because of my broadband connection. The guy's a bit of a Beatles boffin and he goes along with the point a few people have made that it's a clever mash-up of different elements from post-Beatles solo albums as well as bits from elsewhere. I'm intrigued though and am looking forward to hearing it.

Apparently, there's a sci-fi story by Stephen Baxter based on a very similar scenario, but with an album called 'God' rather than the 'Everyday Chemistry' proffered here.

I'm not sure why people do this kind of thing, maybe there's a band waiting in the wings (no pun intended) to exploit a little bit of internet fame or maybe someone is hoping to capitalise on some production skills. Doesn't matter either way I suppose as a good (victimless) hoax only adds as much to fantastic scheme of things as the 'real' thing, in my opinion.

It's called fandom, and people do it 'cause it's fun. Most people are creative, but not creative enough to dedicate their lives to it; so they use other people's works as starting points. Whether it's writing computer programs to prove the truth or falsity of tossed-off lines, making the schematics for a starship as scientifically plausible as possible, recreating scenes in stuffed animals, or remixing tracks and pretending your favorite band is still alive and kicking, it's all good fun till somebody forgets that the original creator has first dibs.

yep, as others have pointed out it's a collection of 'mash-up' remixes of beatles songs. far from terrible but ain't gonna spinning on heavy rotation round my gaff.

so the story isn't the tape. it's the website and the duncan james character.

what's he up to?

Beatles in another dimension?

Sorry if there's already a thread on this, but has anyone seen this, and listened to the tracks? What do you think? Of course, I don't believe it to be anything more than some crafty dub mixing and/or a tribute band. The songs are good though!
http://thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/
*Full story here*
http://thebeatlesneverbrokeup.com/index ... &Itemid=53

Once again, apologies if there's already a thread on this.

Love it! Very cleverly done, and of course what ended up as Wings/Plastic Ono etc would have surfaced as Beatles songs . . if only . . .! Imaginative story, brilliantly dubbed tracks, slightly eerie feeling throughout. Stephen King couldn't have done better! Just shows how much we all long for the Beatles story to have had a happier ending. Great fun, thanks for posting this.

My pleasure. Well crafted mash-ups of solo stuff methinks.

I think you're spot on, Coaly, but still really entertaining. Makes you think, though, about all the what if's. What would John have gone on to do? Would he be centre stage, commenting on all the worlds problems - would he have done Band Aid, Live Aid etc - what would he make of Obama - would he still be making music or would he have simply shut himself away again? Sadly, we'll never know. Maybe in that dimension on Dec 8, 1980 Mark Chapman decided just to have an early night. If only . . .

Re: Beatles in another dimension?

coaly said:
Once again, apologies if there's already a thread on this.
No worries - merged it in to the original, and altered the latter's title to make it more searchable.

Wotalot of Beatles threads we have! I'll lob this story in here (unless anyone knows a more suitable home):
John Lennon's acoustic guitar sells at auction for $2.4m

An acoustic guitar played by John Lennon has been sold at auction in California for $2.4m (£1.5m).
Lennon is thought to have recorded and written a number of hit songs, including Love Me Do and I Want to Hold Your Hand, on the Gibson J-160E.
The guitar was one of only two of its type flown from the US to England in 1962 for Lennon and George Harrison.
Lennon used the guitar for about a year before swapping it with Harrison in 1963, after which [it] vanished.

For more than 50 years the guitar's whereabouts remained unknown until a man in California discovered last year that an instrument in his possession may have historical value.
The Associated Press have named the man as John McCaw from San Diego, who bought the guitar for $275 in the late 1960s.

Last year he found an old magazine article about Harrison, which featured a photo of the instrument.
The guitar was then looked at by Beatles' instruments expert Andy Babiuk, who was able to identify it by its unique markings as the one Lennon used.
He compared it with photographs and film footage of Lennon playing it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34759332

The identification sounds good, even if there is a gap in the provenance.

A Beatles record unplayed for 50 years. (I almost put this in Lost and Found, but I think here is better.)

'Holy Grail' Beatles record to be auctioned

An extremely rare and valuable Beatles record that was found languishing in a loft is to be auctioned next month.
Described as "a Holy Grail item", the 10-inch pressing of Till There Was You and Hello Little Girl lay forgotten in the home of Les Maguire for decades.
Maguire, the keyboardist in fellow Liverpool act Gerry and the Pacemakers, said it could be seen as the record "that sparked The Beatles' success".
The acetate bears the handwriting of the Fab Four's manager Brian Epstein.

A conservative estimate is that the 78 RPM record - the first Beatles disc to be pressed before the band broke through into the national charts in late 1962 - will fetch upwards of £10,000 when it is auctioned, although it is such a rare item it is difficult to predict what the sale price will be.

The record - labelled as being the work of "Paul McCartney & The Beatles" - was pressed at the HMV store in Oxford Street, London, and presented to future Beatles producer George Martin at the EMI record label in a bid to secure the band a recording contract.
Maguire, 74, of Formby, Merseyside, was given the disc by Epstein in 1963 after it had been returned to him by Martin.

Maguire described the record as "a special piece" and "a one-off".
"I've never been a big fan of memorabilia, but people seem to like it," he said.
"It's no good to me so I've given it to my granddaughter, who is hoping to buy a house after passing her accountancy exams. I hope it goes for a good price."
The record is being sold for the first time, having been locked away in Maguire's loft, carefully wrapped in paper, for more than 50 years.

Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn said in his book, Tune In, that the uniqueness of the disc is "enhanced by Brian Epstein's handwriting on the labels, and the recognition of what it led to".
Despite initial reticence from Martin, The Beatles would sign to EMI in 1962 before going on to become one of the most successful and influential bands of all time.
The pressing is, Lewisohn wrote, one of the "rarest and most collectable of all Beatles records".

Ian Shirley, editor of Record Collector Rare Record Price Guide, described the disc as a "Holy Grail item".
He said it would "fascinate Beatles collectors worldwide" and would "no doubt attract bids from those with deep pockets".

The sale is to take place at Omega Auctions in Warrington on 22 March and will be broadcast live online for worldwide bidding.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-35660169

This was the only Beatles thread I could find but here's The Beatles Mums anyway .. I can see the similarity between Ringo and his Mum.

abeatlesmums.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...-ai-last-beatles-song-john-lennon-1234770145/
Paul McCartney Used AI to Make a Final Beatles Song — But Not in a Creepy Way
Musician was able to complete an old John Lennon demo using the same tech Peter Jackson employed to isolate and restore audio for Get Back

Paul McCartney has (sort of) got the Beatles back together for one more song with the help of artificial intelligence.

First, to clarify: No, McCartney did not feed a machine a whole bunch of John Lennon and/or George Harrison material, get the computer to spit out some goofy, cheap hall of mirrors imitation, and then mold that into something with Ringo Starr. Rather, as McCartney explained to the BBC, AI tech was used to “extricate” Lennon’s vocals from an old demo, which was then used to complete the song.

Per McCartney, the new song was made with the help of Peter Jackson, using the same AI-based “de-mixing” technology that was essential to the epic three-part Beatles doc Get Back. One of the marvels of the film was the way Jackson and his team were able to isolate and separate individual voices and instruments from each other and the general murk of the original tapes, effectively recovering and restoring a plethora of conversations and performances. (The same tech was also used on last year’s Revolver reissue.)

“We were able to use that kind of thing when Peter Jackson did the film Get Back,” McCartney said. “He was able to extricate John’s voice from a ropey little bit of cassette — it had John’s voice and a piano — he could separate them with AI. They tell the machine, ‘That’s a voice, this is a guitar, lose the guitar.’ And he did that. So it has great uses.”

When it came to making what McCartney called “the last Beatles record,” he said, “We were able to take John’s voice and get it pure through this AI. So then, we could mix the record as you would normally do… So there’s a good side to it and a scary side — and we’ll just have to see where that leads.”

McCartney said the song would be “released this year” but didn’t give an exact date. He also didn’t give away the title of the song, though it seems highly likely that it’ll be Lennon’s apocryphal, unfinished 1978 tune, “Now and Then.”

The track was one of several songs on a cassette Lennon made before his death in 1980. In the Nineties, Yoko Ono gave the tape to McCartney, and a couple of other tunes on it — “Free as a Bird” and “Real Love” — were fixed up by McCartney, Harrison, Starr, and producer Jeff Lynne, and included as “reunion songs” on The Beatles Anthology compilation. While “Now and Then” was also considered at the time, McCartney later said Harrison refused to work on it because the quality of Lennon’s vocals was “rubbish.”

But McCartney was always eager to finish the song. In a 2012 BBC Four doc, he said, “That one’s still lingering around. So I’m going to nick in with Jeff [Lynne] and do it. Finish it one of these days.”

My wife and I are seeing Paul's 'Got Back' concert in Sydney on Oct 27.
I shall confirm whether he is dead or alive (hopefully very much alive after the cost of the tickets).
How did the concert go?.

Not that my opinion matters because it doesn't but I've always thought John Lennon was messianic after The Beatles. I feel he really believed his own hype but here's tons of unseen until recently footage of him. I liked him, I just think he was a bit up his own arse at the end ..

Next Music thread will be Brian Jones decides to end the Rolling Jones in 1979, The Jam and The Specials split in 1984 and Rap wasn't invented.

Back