• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Birth Of Fortean Times

Subscription needed.
Copying reply from the 'sister' thread....

As I have an option to share an article link, this is unexpected and I have asked for clarification.

The free trial is maybe worth considering?

It's a fabulous resource.

Does this work?

I am permitted to select a newsclip and save as a pdf file.

Is the file size too large?

Attachments

• clipping_53132792 (1).pdf
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 51
A snapshot in time - maybe of interest?

This is the full page containing related article, as it would be unforgivable not to include the feature story at top.

Attachments

• National_Post_Tue__Mar_21__2000_ (1).pdf
    412.7 KB · Views: 27
Part 2. I had an early subscriber verify that the tone of FT at the time was very much in line with my perception that the paranormal will be proven soon and everything is connected.

Exploring damned news archive, Part 2​

It was a different time, when there was potential in paranormal postulation​

https://sharonahill.substack.com/p/exploring-damned-news-archive-part

Things just didn’t turn out that way. 50 years later, we are nowhere near that conclusion.

Part 2. I had an early subscriber verify that the tone of FT at the time was very much in line with my perception that the paranormal will be proven soon and everything is connected.

Exploring damned news archive, Part 2​

It was a different time, when there was potential in paranormal postulation​

https://sharonahill.substack.com/p/exploring-damned-news-archive-part

Things just didn’t turn out that way. 50 years later, we are nowhere near that conclusion.
Well 'Sharon,' when an apparent investigator - investigates paranormal situations, and gets so-say 'responses' (through voice boxes and the like), is that not an up-to-date techy connection advancement, ('if they are real responses, not just a deception to keep their audience/followers happy?')

Well 'Sharon,' when an apparent investigator - investigates paranormal situations, and gets so-say 'responses' (through voice boxes and the like), is that not an up-to-date techy connection advancement, ('if they are real responses, not just a deception to keep their audience/followers happy?')
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question. :headspinner:

I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question. :headspinner:
In my post, (as above) I'm really mentioning, that there is some 'advancement' in the paranormal, if' the technical devices that are used in today's paranormal shows, recording those sounds of voices and images, are taken as being 'real' recordings of real phenomena, or just giving an audience something to grab their attention to keep them interested, and keep them viewing.

Last edited:
. I had an early subscriber verify that the tone of FT at the time was very much in line with my perception that the paranormal will be proven soon and everything is connected.

I remember that (I think) from the early days of both The Ley Hunter and The Cereologist.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way...

Dickens A Tale of Two Cities

Back