• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Black Knight!

krakenten

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've seen several mentions of this UFO of late.

Somehow, Nickola Tesla is involved, there is talk of a rogue thermal blanket,and the loony fringe has this thing linked to everything that happened in the last several thousand years. Certainly its been made a part of things like delayed echoes and astronaut sightings.

It looks to me like this is a whole bunch of oddities being squished together into a legend.

It is certainly related to the super-secret CORONA spy satelites-they were in polar orbits, and of course in fine cold war style, a butt-load of lies were told in the interest of security.

Just like Roswell(heavy handed spooks forgetting that this is a free country and dreaming up mad tales to cover a failed spy op.) a barrage of lies is launched to obscure the real events. Then, a passage of time to distort memories and scatter witnesses.

So this Black Knight is an escaped bedspread or some such, and a bunch of assorted Jack tales stirred in.

Or is it.......

I think this is mentioned on another thread somewhere, and the mystery was solved.
It's an old defunct satellite, not ancient alien technology.

If it changes shape I suspect it's a bunch of different-sized objects/satellites.

There are several website dedicated to this extraterrestrial bedspread, some of them have very spooky music, too.

The interesting part is how so many things can be confabulated into a mystery-and how reasonable explanations are pushed aside in favor of outright fables.

People keep adding to the story-just like the Roswell incident grew another crash site when it started looking like there was a rational story.

There is some doubt that the object even exists, if it was a CORONA bird, it may be long since crisped and gone.

Beware, investigator....photographs are difficult to interpret, and the number of jive artists who want to make a few bucks off spooky stories is considerable.

It would be really interesting if some object we could not account for showed up in orbit, but so far, no joy.

Maybe in the asteroid belt?

I can't find any link to the object and Tesla.

Tesla investigated a number of radio wave phenomena, and, typical of the brash nature of the times, announced that they came from Mars. Tesla was an electrical engineer of great talent, but an astronomer? Not really.

Just as the Serbian genius ascribed the unexplained to Mars, so did others ascribe this object to Tesla. Pure moonshine.

Fact is, the object(if there is one)is more likely a dead CORONA spy bird, or that runaway thermal blanket. A blanket would change shape as it orbited, folding and unfolding(do we know how stiff said blankie might be? Or the size?)

And so, the jive artists let the story cool for a while, then trot it out, ready to amaze and mystify yet another crop of rubes.

Poor ol' Black Knight!

Funnily enough, I'd never heard of the Black Knight satellite until about 2 weeks ago when it came up in a youtube video with creepy new age music.

Not that I follow ufology but I am usually quite up on U/L's, and come to think of it, there are no hits at all on Snopes for 'Black Knight'.

I suspect this is something someone made up really really recently, from threads of other earlier 'unexplained' space woo.

Also, bashing Tesla in this context seems a bit rotten.

It's entirely plausible he did manage to pick up naturally occurring radio sources that were terrestrial in origin or otherwise, what was he really supposed to make of them?

OneWingedBird said:
Funnily enough, I'd never heard of the Black Knight satellite until about 2 weeks ago when it came up in a youtube video with creepy new age music.

Not that I follow ufology but I am usually quite up on U/L's, and come to think of it, there are no hits at all on Snopes for 'Black Knight'.

I suspect this is something someone made up really really recently, from threads of other earlier 'unexplained' space woo.
It's been around for a few years I think. I heard about it last year.

OneWingedBird said:

Yes, I looked on Snopes and was frustrated that I couldn't find it anywhere.

Tesla got brought into this post-mortem.

I hope nobody thinks I'd diss Tesla, the man was a giant in his field, and he got rooked by Edison.

The final days of Tesla's life were rather sad. Like many great geniuses, he passed the peak of his talent and had a hard time realizing that that great well of ideas had run dry. It happens to every great mind, after 35 or so-Einstein commented on this in respect to himself.

His 'death ray' was a grab at the brass ring, with the war raging-not much to it, but I'm sure he was willing to try.

And so, the Black Knight sails on, in the silence of space.

And you're right, that music is spooky as all get-out.

Maybe this is related to Blankie in "The Brave Little Toaster"? They did go to Mars.....

OneWingedBird said:
Also, bashing Tesla in this context seems a bit rotten.

It's entirely plausible he did manage to pick up naturally occurring radio sources that were terrestrial in origin or otherwise, what was he really supposed to make of them?

Here's the sound of Saturn on this page (with explanation):
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassi ... 07966.html

It sounds fantastic, incidentally.

If Tesla heard that he might have let his imagination run riot.

Freaky! Sounds like the incidental music for Forbidden Planet.

It sounds a bit like the start of Telstar by the Tornadoes, too!

Confound it, it's the Black Night!

This story is confused enough without bringing Batman into it.

The British had a launch vehicle called the Black Knight-and that muddies the waters even more!

A telling bit of trivia? One article complains that the Black Knight is often absent. Sounds like multiple objects, or some real nonsense.

So with Darth Blanket mostly eliminated, and no more strange radio signals, I'd feel justified in saying that this is simply confabulation by honestly confused people, and a few montebanks.

We must consult Churchward and Donelly, both worthy men, but possessed by seriously loony ideas. The reasoning is seductive, but utterly corrupt, wishful thinking run amok. Thanks to them, every outcropping of fractured beachrock is an ancient road or city. Never mind there are no doors, windows or even toolmarks, there in the Pacific is the North R'yleah Mall, complete with a Ctharbucks, Godzilla's Liquors and Nyerlathotep's Basement.

Yep, shafted again!

Why didn't that come up when I searched? I looked before I posted, odd.

This is it, from STS-88. How do you lose a blanket on a Space Shuttle mission? Was one of them sleeping on the roof?

480px-Black_Knight_Satellite.jpg

The search function on FTMB is run by the National Lottery. ;)
I find it getting better. Perhaps it's learning. How long has it had predictive text? I type in, eg, 'enviro' and it offers up "Environental Issues".

The Black Knight Satellite thing has been plastered all over Youtube for a long time now.
I find it absurd that people are repeating this myth that it's been there for 13000 years. How the hell would we know how long it's been in orbit? Where did that 13000 years figure come from?
Plucked out of somebody's bum, no doubt, and then repeated without questioning by everybody on the Internet.
:rolleyes:
I do remember that when Skylab was up there, the astronauts had to put a reflective sheet in place to stop parts of it overheating. I think it's probably that.

I find it absurd that people are repeating this myth that it's been there for 13000 years. How the hell would we know how long it's been in orbit? Where did that 13000 years figure come from?
Theoretically you could do it the same way we can predict eclipses.
Plucked out of somebody's bum, no doubt,
More likely deliberately picked to coincide with someone's idea about a sudden developmental spurt in human civilization/fall of Atlantis/whatever they had in mind.

The Black Knight Satellite thing has been plastered all over Youtube for a long time now.
Plucked out of somebody's bum, no doubt, and then repeated without questioning by everybody on the Internet.
:rolleyes:
I do remember that when Skylab was up there, the astronauts had to put a reflective sheet in place to stop parts of it overheating. I think it's probably that.

It is sad to see that YOU have been bought off by THEM.

Back