• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Boy Who Lived Before (Cameron Macaulay; Barra)

Given this boy lived in Scotland and Barra is in Scotland then he may well have watched a factual tv programme about a family on Barra with a little boy who looked just like him. Even a magazine article would be sufficient. His young mind and ego innocently processes this likeness of him as having another, different mother and family.

Despite recognising landmarks, he didn’t find the actual house, which is either mysterious or convenient. Perhaps the tv company used a bit of dramatic licence and filmed a house on one of the other islands close by.

Also, the Outer Hebrides are a stronghold of the Gaelic language:

https://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/our-islands

Cant help but feel a young boy would have known some Gaelic words and phrases yet I don’t recall any mention of this.
According to the documentary and other sources , he did find the house. The historian they visited on the island ,found the house located at the other end of it Cameron and his family had not yet visited.that side, at that point. The robertsons, who owned the house, did not live on Barra. They were mainlanders, from Glasgow, who used the house as a holiday home only. As such, they probably didn't speak gaelic .

What struck me ,most, about this story , was Cameron's reaction when taken to the house. His mother and the film crew had not told him , that they were going there , but on arrival , he became visibly upset and withdrew into himself .I doubt such a young child could act that well. Although he said ,on camera ,that he hadn't expected his Barra family to be there, he later told his mother that he had expected his previous life mother to be there , to welcome him . He was very sad to find the house empty.

In spite of Cameron having got some details wrong , I think he has genuine memories of Barra and I think the story wasn't researched as well as it could have been . If his memories are real, he is not remembering a complete past life there , because the Robertsons themselves never lived there . His memories can only be of summer holidays spent there, if he was a member of that family. Perhaps he was a relative of Callum and Peggy , the caretakers who lived there all year round,.and can remember visiting them. perhaps playing with the Robertson children during the summer holidays. It was Callum and Peggy who owned the black and white dog and the black car that Cameron remembered. It's certainly a possibility , I think.

I suppose it's conceivable that, should reincarnation be a real thing, memories might get a bit 'scrambled'.

Back