• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Byron Street Poltergeist

I'd not heard of this case. It's a little frustrating that there are no sources cited in the film.

I'm a little uncomfortable about responses to poltergeist activity to be honest. I have posted here before about my own experiences of poltergeist activity as a young adult. As the film above acknowledges, these phenomena are often tied to teenagers who are in vulnerable situations. My own take on the matter is that they are a type of unconscious psychokinesis triggered by heightened emotional states during (or around) the time puberty. I am deeply uncomfortable with the lack of sensitivity shown in reporting or studying these phenomena. Too often there is a gratuitous sensationalism shown, which can in no way make life any easier for the poor young person at the centre of the happening. The accounts above of hundreds of onlookers waiting jovially outside the house for signs of supernatural activity are truly appalling! See also the carnival that surrounded the Enfield girls.

I hope that we live in (relatively) more enlightened times, but I worry that we do not. [sigh] sorry guys - perhaps this has just caught me in a melancholic mood this evening! :confused:

Intruiging. Did you also see the events in Runcorn mentioned in Theo Paijmans' "Vampric Vapours" piece in FT358 (October 2017) p.32? Interesting that a quite unrelated account features the same kind of clouds with pointy protrusions, as described by the unfortunate pig farmer.

I'd never heard of the Byron St. case either.

Intruiging. Did you also see the events in Runcorn mentioned in Theo Paijmans' "Vampric Vapours" piece in FT358 (October 2017) p.32? Interesting that a quite unrelated account features the same kind of clouds with pointy protrusions, as described by the unfortunate pig farmer.

I'd never heard of the Byron St. case either.
Yes, i read this and had heard of the horned cloud associated with livestock deaths but i had nit heard of the polt case much less the link between the two.

The reviews seem to pan it heartily but i can vouch for his Terror of the Tokoloshe.

Back