• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mighty_Emperor

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Stranger than Fiction: The Cosford / Shawbury Triangle

B J Booth
November 7, 2006

The British television show, "Stranger than Fiction" recently featured a UFO case which occurred in 1993 in Great Britain. This case involved the RAF bases at Cosford and Shawbury in Shropshire. This extremely compelling spate of sightings involved a massive triangular-shaped UFO.

One fact about these sightings over military bases is that they always seem to be more than a one day event, and such was the case of 1993. Had it not been for a file received from a Freedom of Information Act, we would have never known about this particular case, which brings up another important question. If they are sitting on one unsolved UFO case, how many more of them are they hiding?

This case is given high credibility not only because of its military and police witnesses, but also is backed by the credentials of highly respected British researcher Nick Pope. He had this to say about the Cosford-Shawbury case:

"This is the most convincing UFO incident I've ever come across. It raises serious defence and national security issues. This is the case that turned me from sceptic to believer."

According to Pope, the UFO in question was estimated at several hundred feet across. When it left the area, its speed was more than 1,000 mph. The only weak link in the information chain is a letter from the British Mod to the American embassy. Somehow it is either missing, or temporarily misplaced. Hopefully, even more details will be released on the case in the near future.

The events of Cosford and Shawbury occurred on March 30 and 31. There were several hundred reports of UFOs during the two nights. Even though the majority of reports involved "only" lights in the skies, there were others of great interest. Another fact that made the Cosford / Shawbury reports of high priority was that most of them were made by policemen, normally given a high credibility rating. Those who took sighting reports were constantly told, "This was like nothing I had ever seen before."

The most common description given was "two lights, flying in a perfect formation, with a third, much fainter light...in other words, a triangle. There is always the possibility that witnesses were actually seeing three separate objects flying in unison, but most witnesses opted for the triangle. The most striking report of all was from a Staffordshire family who stated the triangle was flying so low they ran and got into their car to chase it. The object at one time was so low, the family thought it may have landed in a field. The family claimed that they could not only hear a low, humming sound but actually felt it, like the power of a bass guitar amplifier.

Without hesitation, the enigmatic triangle made its way across the two military installations. The guard patrol at RAF Cosford made the first report, and checked with the radar room for confirmation. There was absolutely nothing on the screen, and moreover nothing was scheduled to go over the bass at that time. RAF Shawbury, about 12 miles distant, was immediately notified of the sighting at Cosford. An experienced meteorological officer took the call, and to his amazement, he could see a light in the sky coming from the direction of Cosford. This light eventually became a structured, solid craft, flying close...close enough for him to hear the low frequency sound it made. The officer estimated the height of the triangle at about 200 feet in the air.

He also clearly saw the triangle shoot a beam of light down to the ground, as if it was searching for something...or someone. The object was moving slowly just outside the base's perimeter. The triangle then suddenly gained height, and shot to the horizon in seconds.

Pope, after a full investigation into the affairs of the two nights, did find that there had been a rocket reentry, which could have explained some of the "night light" reports, but would not explain the giant triangle seen moving slowly in the skies.

www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view ... leID=16139

Cosford and Shawbury are not far from where I live, the times also coincide when I had my first sighting as well, when I was 5, lol, so I may look into this further

Sorry for exhuming this thread... ;)

Just watched a little documentary about this case on German TV (Galileo Mystery). They reckon it was some kind of secret military project, or a hyper-speed plane (project Aurora) Nick Pope was a guest in it and admitted that it'smore probable that it was a secret plane than a spaceship ful of aliens.

Now Galileo Mystery is kinda tabloidy, and they tend ro jump to weird conclusions sometimes, but I guess they wouldn't put words in Pope's mouth.

Any other new insights into this case?

The Pope has a page on Cosford on his website here: The Cosford Incident

If you scoll to the foot of the page, you'll find links to the MOD's original report on the incident.

alytha said:
Sorry for exhuming this thread... ;)

Just watched a little documentary about this case on German TV (Galileo Mystery). They reckon it was some kind of secret military project, or a hyper-speed plane (project Aurora) Nick Pope was a guest in it and admitted that it'smore probable that it was a secret plane than a spaceship ful of aliens.

Now Galileo Mystery is kinda tabloidy, and they tend ro jump to weird conclusions sometimes, but I guess they wouldn't put words in Pope's mouth.

Any other new insights into this case?

I would have thought the reported size of the craft would have precluded human origins, unless we're way more advanced than "they've" let on.

I have always thought Aurora would be a hotol or scram jet craft about the size of Concorde, it might be the fabled Tr3b but again even with some kind of electrogravitic drive the 200 odd metre size reported of this sighting would be very impressive.

*bump*

It is the 30th anniversary of the Cosford UFO flap and David Clarke has written up the case and his proposed explanation:

"Three decades ago in the early hours of Wednesday, 31 March 1993 dozens of people across western Britain saw UAPs in the night sky.

‘It seems that an unidentified object of unknown origin was operating in the UK Air Defence Region without being detected on radar; this would appear to be of considerable defence significance, and I recommend that we investigate further, within MOD or with the US authorities.’ (DEFE 24/2086/1)"

https://drclarke.substack.com/p/case-closed-30th-anniversary-of-the

This one seems very like the Windermere case from 1977 that I've posted about elsewhere. That one wasn't put down to a re-entry but given that Cosford obviously was one, I wondered whether it might be.

Back