• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

We would know if thousands of people had been spending weeks on ventilators before dying for months or do you think the hospitals are covering this up? Why would they?

And how would they do so? It would involve a vast conspiracy involving thousands if not tens of thousands of NHS workers; all keeing silent about it for months.

Equally I can't see the CCP deliberately releasing such a virus. The CCP is powerful but their grip on power is fragile especially if they lose the support of the military. The fall of the CCP will not result in Liberal Democracy, rather in a chaos that will make the the fall of the USSR look like a tea party. Not just the rule of gangsters and oligarchs but a return to feudalism in vast areas of China with attendant famines and mass migration.

Yes, the CCP can be nasty but in their present incarnation they don't engage in policies which result in the deaths of tens of millions of people. Even in Mao's day they didn't deliberately st out to do so, it was as the result of deranged policies like the Great Leap Forward and killing of swallows not to mention the Cultural Revolution.

We would know if thousands of people had been spending weeks on ventilators before dying for months or do you think the hospitals are covering this up? Why would they?

I don't think they have. I think the virus spread widely in Feburary having arrived here in mid-to late January but that it takes some time for those with underlying health symptoms to develop the pneumonia or other co-infection that actually carries them off. The take off in admissions was in early March which fits with that.

Edit. the first recorded case in the UK is Jan 30. Since it is at least 5 days before people show symptoms this also ties in with the idea that it was spreading widely in early-to-mid February while the UK government was sitting on its hands. We should have been aggressively tracking contacts and testing from early February. We didn't. We still aren't tracking arrivals from overseas. That in itself is astonishing.

Other countries did track and monitor, and have kept their economies going.

Last edited:
Social historians reckon that the Black Death weakened the feudal system fatally. The peasants - well those who survived - were able to demand better conditions or they went elsewhere. I don't see that a massive shut-down of the world economy is quite what the ruling-class plotted in their owl-burnings. Populism seemed to be working for them very well. :dunno:
A fine comment and one I heartily endorse. This little episode is giving the world economy a tremendous ass kicking. Fortunes will be broken.

There’s too much information and precious little of seems correct.day to day. I’ve seen articles on people having this at the end of last year, it only being spread by touch, then coughing droplets. Masks being useless and masks now being recommended. Not affecting the young and then teenagers dying of it. Stay indoors while flights from affected areas come in distributing passengers across the travel network. The Mayor of London saying you couldn’t get it off the Tube or a bus. If this goes on much longer, people are going to get massively pissed off and just rush out and do whatever they want.

I don't think they have. I think the virus spread widely in Feburary having arrived here in mid-to late January but that it takes some time for those with underlying health symptoms to develop the pneumonia or other co-infection that actually carries them off. The take off in admissions was in early March which fits with that.

Okay, I think I had misinterpreted your post a bit. :twothumbs:

There’s too much information and precious little of seems correct.day to day. I’ve seen articles on people having this at the end of last year, it only being spread by touch, then coughing droplets. Masks being useless and masks now being recommended. Not affecting the young and then teenagers dying of it. Stay indoors while flights from affected areas come in distributing passengers across the travel network. The Mayor of London saying you couldn’t get it off the Tube or a bus. If this goes on much longer, people are going to get massively pissed off and just rush out and do whatever they want.
Indeed.

This could be a good opportunity for anyone wishing to disappear to do so.

Businessman/woman wishing to escape their debts etc... "dies" of coronavirus, restarts their life elsewhere.

And finally to dispel beliefs in government conspiracies on this pandemic
watch this film on similar events that occurred in 1918 - it will all then make sense.

We Heard the Bells: The Influenza of 1918

"
As many tens of thousands are perishing each year from the flu, and the new Coronavirus has emerged in regions around the world, here's a film that looks back on one of the most tragic of all of history's pandemics. We Heard the Bells: The Influenza of 1918 recalls the outbreak that swept the planet and eventually killed over 50 million people.

The most unique and haunting aspect of the film are the interviews with the survivors of the outbreak. These are the children of the tragedy, many of whom were made orphans during the height of its spread. They speak of the ill effects suffered by the stricken, including the high fever, complete loss of energy and occasional episodes of delirium. The bodies were piling up so quickly that many did not receive proper burials. Entire families were wiped out.

The influenza of 1918 was not like the strains of the flu we see today. Traditional seasonal flu is especially hazardous to the very young, elderly and the chronically diseased. The fatalities that resulted from the 1918 scourge did not discriminate based upon age. Younger men and women were considered high risk.

How did this virus become so virulent and claim so many lives across the age and gender spectrum?................"

In this film you will see that current government actions to stop as much social
interaction as possible are justified and reasonable - until a vaccine or effective
anti-viral drug can be developed.

I agree, I have watched a lot re history of 1918 Pandemic. All very interesting... and tragic...certainly shouldn't be ignored. My mum mentioned it to me years ago and how she was ill at the time. Born in 1916 so was a toddler. (I like to think she had it and survived ! ). No idea really though and probably not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the CCP can be nasty but in their present incarnation they don't engage in policies which result in the deaths of tens of millions of people.

How about their chum there in North Korea, Kim Jong Un? He's Bat Shit Crazy (quite apt, really), wouldn't give a toss how many people died, because isolated there in DPRK, him and his pals are safe. His regime has form for recklessly using pretty stupid weapons - nerve gassing Kim Jong Nam in an airport in Malaysia? A little OTT perhaps, for someone who wasn't a threat? Think of how many could have died in that little caper.

Now what if The Supreme Leader's boys in white coats have been fucking around creating viruses? Does anyone remember Kim Jong Un promising to send the West a "Christmas gift" back in December? Or Mr Trump laughing and saying he hadn't had anything, and hoping it was a vase?

The Chinese have managed to keep Kim under control, from flinging too many missiles about and goading Japan or the West, but he obviously isn't going to be told what to do, or not do, by ANYONE. Let's say the Chinese found he was indeed about to unleash the Yellow Death, slapped him down and confiscated his "gift", taking it to their super Level 4 Security Bio-lab in Wuhan, where...well, it's Made in China FFS, looks great, falls apart in minutes. Maybe the Chinese are sane enough to not want this thing loose, but it might have been easier said than done to keep the lid on.

Maybe some Chinese scientists fancied an early night and rather than incinerating their experimental lab animals, they double bagged them and lobbed them in the skip? Maybe some enterprising fellow realised there was some freshly killed bushmeat in a skip? Fucking hell, there's somewhere to flog it, right on the doorstep! Lovely Jubbly!!
So many maybes...

Maybe it's just the way of the world?

How about their chum there in North Korea, Kim Jong Un? He's Bat Shit Crazy (quite apt, really), wouldn't give a toss how many people died, because isolated there in DPRK, him and his pals are safe. His regime has form for recklessly using pretty stupid weapons - nerve gassing Kim Jong Nam in an airport in Malaysia? A little OTT perhaps, for someone who wasn't a threat? Think of how many could have died in that little caper.

Now what if The Supreme Leader's boys in white coats have been fucking around creating viruses? Does anyone remember Kim Jong Un promising to send the West a "Christmas gift" back in December? Or Mr Trump laughing and saying he hadn't had anything, and hoping it was a vase?

The Chinese have managed to keep Kim under control, from flinging too many missiles about and goading Japan or the West, but he obviously isn't going to be told what to do, or not do, by ANYONE. Let's say the Chinese found he was indeed about to unleash the Yellow Death, slapped him down and confiscated his "gift", taking it to their super Level 4 Security Bio-lab in Wuhan, where...well, it's Made in China FFS, looks great, falls apart in minutes. Maybe the Chinese are sane enough to not want this thing loose, but it might have been easier said than done to keep the lid on.

Maybe some Chinese scientists fancied an early night and rather than incinerating their experimental lab animals, they double bagged them and lobbed them in the skip? Maybe some enterprising fellow realised there was some freshly killed bushmeat in a skip? Fucking hell, there's somewhere to flog it, right on the doorstep! Lovely Jubbly!!
So many maybes...

EXACTLY! - Not to mention Iran, remember the general the US assassinated
{general Qasem Soleimani}
- Didn't they swear revenge?

In Las Vegas, Nevada, USA the governor just announced the activation of the
National Guard {a paramilitary reserved for emergencies} - Why did he do this?
I mean why did he really do it? - There is no real emergency here in Nevada
and in fact the rates of infection and deaths is quite low.

Is there something the governments of the World is not telling us?
Like maybe, just maybe, they do indeed believe we are under a terrorist attack
and they are not sure which country or black ops terrorist group is behind it.

Doesn't all the 'shelter in place' type advice, or orders, sound like a serious attack
might be underway? - They can't say that even if they suspect it - It would panic
the public!

And hasn't many of the World's economic powers been squeezing both Iran
and North Korea almost to the starving point? - Maybe these supposed terrorist
nations no longer care - So what if the attack also wipes out most to their own
people? - The're dying a slow death anyway. Do they really care if they bring the
rest of the World down with them?

But who am I to advocate a theory I hope is false?

From an old country and western song:

"I've always been crazy - It keeps me from going insane"

Last edited:
I was looking for the bit on here about helicopters dropping some kind of substance.

Well mum and I went out into the world today because she had to go for a blood test for her upcoming (now phone) hospital appointments.

When I went out the door I noticed a very strong gassy smell. I’ve just passed the open window now and it’s there again. Are they fumigating us?

We used to blame the factories for any unusual smells but they are long gone. I can’t say I’ve noticed a helicopter but they are very often overhead so probably would go unnoticed.

So many maybes...

Or maybe those boys in Porton Down flipped again. They have past form in testing their stuff on unsuspecting British soldiers.

So many maybes...

Is this the CONSPIRACY forum or the RANDOM SPECULATION forum?

Kim Jong-un is not crazy. Most people who think he is rely on Internet memes for their analysis.

Further to my earlier post, there’s now further conflicting information on masks and the range the virus can travel from an infected person. Surely the info on Coughs and Sneezes spreading diseases is basic bread and butter stuff for the WHO.

The group will weigh up research on whether the virus can be projected further than previously thought; a study in the US suggests coughs can reach 6m and sneezes up to 8m.
The panel's chair, Prof David Heymann, told BBC News that the new research may lead to a shift in advice about masks.
The former director at the WHO explained: "The WHO is opening up its discussion again looking at the new evidence to see whether or not there should be a change in the way it's recommending masks should be used."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52126735

So. How many masks do you think will be available should we need them?

Reactions: Ger
Is this the CONSPIRACY forum or the RANDOM SPECULATION forum?

Kim Jong-un is not crazy. Most people who think he is rely on Internet memes for their analysis.

So, preface my post with "I think it may be a conspiracy by China or DPRK to keep their activities in the lab a secret." Is that better? When does random speculation actually consolidate into a "conspiracy theory"? Are the things I said possible? Any part of them could be behind this pandemic, but you can bet no-one will be owning up to them in the interests of transparency and goodwill.

Kim Jong-Un might not be crazy in the conventional "hey, I spoke to God this morning, wibble" sort of way, but what about the "I'll keep millions of people screwed down, like my grandad and dad did, and anyone who upsets me, I'll have savaged to death by dogs or executed by mortar, and rather than feed my people, I'll spunk loads of resources on building a nuke because DPRK IS a Superpower" sort of way? He's certainly power-crazed.

Actually, how about saying he is just a cunt. Yep, much better.

Man attacks hospital ship with train because of a Covid 19 conspiracy.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/po...attack-on-usns-mercy-federal-prosecutors-say/

"Moreno admitted he purposefully ran the train off the end of its tracks at full speed near the hospital ship in two separate interviews, officials said.

He allegedly told investigators he believed the ship — which docked at the port last week to relieve strain on area hospitals during the coronavirus outbreak — had a secret purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover.

Moreno said he wanted to “wake people up” and hoped the derailment would get media attention so “people could see for themselves,” according to prosecutors."

When does random speculation actually consolidate into a "conspiracy theory"?

When there is some apparent evidence.

Kim Jong-Un might not be crazy in the conventional "hey, I spoke to God this morning, wibble" sort of way, but what about the "I'll keep millions of people screwed down, like my grandad and dad did, and anyone who upsets me, I'll have savaged to death by dogs or executed by mortar, and rather than feed my people, I'll spunk loads of resources on building a nuke because DPRK IS a Superpower" sort of way? He's certainly power-crazed.

The 'savaged by dogs story' was found to be a fabrication; the 'executed by mortar' tale is unsubstantiated hearsay.

'Spunking' money on nuclear weapons has ensured that he'll never be toppled by external force, has brought more aid from the South, and has earned him international summits with the leader of the world's most powerful military despite his nation having a similar GDP to Botswana.

Evil does not equal crazy.

Man attacks hospital ship with train because of a Covid 19 conspiracy.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/po...attack-on-usns-mercy-federal-prosecutors-say/

"Moreno admitted he purposefully ran the train off the end of its tracks at full speed near the hospital ship in two separate interviews, officials said.

He allegedly told investigators he believed the ship — which docked at the port last week to relieve strain on area hospitals during the coronavirus outbreak — had a secret purpose related to COVID-19 or a government takeover.

Moreno said he wanted to “wake people up” and hoped the derailment would get media attention so “people could see for themselves,” according to prosecutors."
Reading more of this guy's statements, he sounds like an old-fahioned highly delusional person. Possibly using or lacking drugs. What he was doing driving a train is a huge question. The ship was *in the water* not just quite a ways from the track. Personally I'd lien him for his lifetime, if he"s ever released.

Last edited:
When there is some apparent evidence.

The 'savaged by dogs story' was found to be a fabrication; the 'executed by mortar' tale is unsubstantiated hearsay.

'Spunking' money on nuclear weapons has ensured that he'll never be toppled by external force, has brought more aid from the South, and has earned him international summits with the leader of the world's most powerful military despite his nation having a similar GDP to Botswana.

Evil does not equal crazy.
Agreed, evil does exist. However, given all this, will he gain anything from this strategy of attention getting, besides the attention? When he crosses the line China or the US will squash him.

I was looking for the bit on here about helicopters dropping some kind of substance.

Well mum and I went out into the world today because she had to go for a blood test for her upcoming (now phone) hospital appointments.

When I went out the door I noticed a very strong gassy smell. I’ve just passed the open window now and it’s there again. Are they fumigating us?

We used to blame the factories for any unusual smells but they are long gone. I can’t say I’ve noticed a helicopter but they are very often overhead so probably would go unnoticed.

could it have been....gas? what would they be using to fumigate us that smells like gas?

edit. unless its knock out gas to put everyone down while they come in and infect us? or give us something to make sure we stay calm and don't decide to start rioting cos we'v had to stay in for a week or two? though they could just put that in the food.

could it have been....gas? what would they be using to fumigate us that smells like gas?

edit. unless its knock out gas to put everyone down while they come in and infect us? or give us something to make sure we stay calm and don't decide to start rioting cos we'v had to stay in for a week or two? though they could just put that in the food.

I don’t know. It just odd I’ve spelt it so strongly those two times.

the earth has been trying to get rid of us for millenia. its not doing it very well.

There were those locusts somewhere and lots of heavy storms. It’s either the earth or the person upstairs is getting fed up of us. It is starting to sound a bit biblical.

Back