• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

The government's top infectious disease doctor, Anthony Fauci, is now receiving security protection after becoming the face of the nation's coronavirus response — and a target of some supporters of President Donald Trump.

Health department leaders moved to give Fauci an armed security detail by last weekend after the 79-year-old immunologist received unspecified threats and uninvited attention, although the process took several days, said two individuals with knowledge of the decision.

Some of Trump's most zealous far-right supporters have targeted Fauci online, arguing that he's worked to undermine Trump by publicly disagreeing with the president, and have begun spreading conspiracy theories about Fauci’s role.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/fauci-coronavirus-security-160901

There is now a general consensus on the fact that China has horribly misled everyone about the success of their C-19 response. They have done this largely by manipulating the statistics. For example, if someone dies, but was not tested to confirm C-19, then they don't need to be counted as a C-19 case, so the simple answer is to stop testing anyone. Similarly, if someone dies of complications from C-19 you don't need to include them either. The intelligence communities of the world are now finally saying that the CCP has lied, and the inference is that the WHO helped them do so. An international inquiry is very likely. In the meantime, boycott Chinese goods; they are responsible for this disaster, so hit them where it hurts i.e. their back pockets. Also, it will hurt Walmart, and they deserve both barrels in the mouth imo for what they have done to rural USA.
Rise in funeral urns in Wuhan contradicts official CCP story.

CONSPIRACY nuts are reportedly setting phone masts alight and targeting engineers after a bizarre claim 5G "radiation" caused the deadly coronavirus spread.

NINTCHDBPICT000574915291.jpg

This mast was set alight in Birmingham

The theory originated last month after a video filmed at a US health conference claimed Africa was not as affected by the disease because it is "not a 5G region".

The myth was quickly debunked after the World Health Organisation confirmed there were thousands of Covid-19 cases in Africa.

The government has also confirmed there is "no evidence to suggest that 5G has anything to do with Covid-19".

Celebs have been slammed for sharing the conspiracy theory, including Jason Gardiner and Callum Best, who posted similar claims that 5G can impact the immune system.

But the claims have still been doing the rounds on WhatsApp via a lengthy voice note - with phone masts now being set alight in the UK.

Engineers are now also being targeted with social media users encouraging each other to destroy the masts in a Stop 5G Facebook group.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11320198/coronavirus-5g-conspiracy-theory-masts/

maximus otter

CONSPIRACY nuts are reportedly setting phone masts alight and targeting engineers after a bizarre claim 5G "radiation" caused the deadly coronavirus spread.

The theory originated last month after a video filmed at a US health conference claimed Africa was not as affected by the disease because it is "not a 5G region".

The myth was quickly debunked after the World Health Organisation confirmed there were thousands of Covid-19 cases in Africa.

The government has also confirmed there is "no evidence to suggest that 5G has anything to do with Covid-19".

Celebs have been slammed for sharing the conspiracy theory, including Jason Gardiner and Callum Best, who posted similar claims that 5G can impact the immune system.

But the claims have still been doing the rounds on WhatsApp via a lengthy voice note - with phone masts now being set alight in the UK.

Engineers are now also being targeted with social media users encouraging each other to destroy the masts in a Stop 5G Facebook group.

maximus otter
I can see this trend burning out as fewer and fewer people get to hear about it.

Who is (and why) suppressing the figures for UK recoveries? Where are the numbers? Why has the figure on 'worldometer' stayed at 135 for 10 days? Surely it should be something like 14,000 if the average percentages are correct?! And today as I created this graphic for comparison I discovered that 'worldometer' has even changed it's display so that it now doesn't show those figures on the graphs at all, just a mention of the total at the top. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say "it's a conspiracy" but for some reason those numbers are not being generated, or not getting onto the 'worldometer' site.
I have contacted 'worldometer' to ask them where those figures are but I have not received a reply.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

(click to biggerify)
worldometer wrong figures 040420.png

Who is (and why) suppressing the figures for UK recoveries? Where are the numbers? Why has the figure on 'worldometer' stayed at 135 for 10 days? Surely it should be something like 14,000 if the average percentages are correct?! And today as I created this graphic for comparison I discovered that 'worldometer' has even changed it's display so that it now doesn't show those figures on the graphs at all, just a mention of the total at the top. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say "it's a conspiracy" but for some reason those numbers are not being generated, or not getting onto the 'worldometer' site.
I have contacted 'worldometer' to ask them where those figures are but I have not received a reply.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

(click to biggerify)
View attachment 24909
It could simply be that there's nobody there right now, updating the figures.
Or...[conspiracy mode on] those 135 recoveries are all members of the 'elite' and there are no other recoveries, only deaths.

It could simply be that there's nobody there right now, updating the figures.
Or...[conspiracy mode on] those 135 recoveries are all members of the 'elite' and there are no other recoveries, only deaths.

Can you be counted as "recovered" if you get over the initial viral infection, but are left with compromised lung function, an ailing heart and a damaged central nervous system, including potential brain damage?

Can you be counted as "recovered" if you get over the initial viral infection, but are left with compromised lung function, an ailing heart and a damaged central nervous system, including potential brain damage?
I have no idea if that's how the statistics work, but I wouldn't personally consider that to be 'recovery'.

Geneva, 2.4.2020:

China was appointed on Wednesday to a United Nations Human Rights Council panel where it will play a key role in picking the world body’s human rights investigators — including global monitors on freedom of speech, health, enforced disappearances, and arbitrary detention — in a move that has sparked protest by international human rights activists.

https://unwatch.org/china-joins-u-n...ts-on-free-speech-health-arbitrary-detention/

maximus otter

Geneva, 2.4.2020:

China was appointed on Wednesday to a United Nations Human Rights Council panel where it will play a key role in picking the world body’s human rights investigators — including global monitors on freedom of speech, health, enforced disappearances, and arbitrary detention — in a move that has sparked protest by international human rights activists.

https://unwatch.org/china-joins-u-n...ts-on-free-speech-health-arbitrary-detention/

maximus otter

That is beyond irony.

maximus otter

Didn't David Icke start all this off?

Ahah.....ONS numbers. Not the ones I wanted to see though, even the ONS doesn't seem to have figures for recoveries.
(click to biggerify - I'm not sure where they found the very very very thin nib to draw the line on the graph for covid-19)
ONS figures for deaths totals.png

"New Agers, right-wingers, and QAnon conspiracy theorists think global elites are using 5G to spread the coronavirus pandemic. "

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanhatesthis/conspiracy-theory-5g-coronavirus-qanon

Wish they'd be consistent in their pseudoscience. Is 5G spreading the virus? Is the virus really just symptoms of 5G radiation poisoning? Are they using the virus lockdown to install masts?

And all this concern about 5G radiation and no mention of mind control rays? Sloppy.

Wish they'd be consistent in their pseudoscience. Is 5G spreading the virus? Is the virus really just symptoms of 5G radiation poisoning? Are they using the virus lockdown to install masts?

And all this concern about 5G radiation and no mention of mind control rays? Sloppy.
One effect of being under the mind control rays is you don't talk about the mind control rays.

I've mentioned previously about the figures not being reported correctly etc but I'm really beginning to think that maybe it's just me, I'm in the minority, everybody else seems content to play along with the shit sandwich we're being served and nobody seems to be challenging any of it.
It seems to me that 'we' (collectively as a nation, the government and the people) appear to be in total denial that people are recovering from covid-19!
STILL we see on the 'official figures' only 135 in the UK recovered when it should be about 15,000 by now.

Okay I understand the need to 'self isolate' if you're ill to keep down the chances of infecting people, and the possible numbers of cases if it was left to just infect anyone 'come what may'. But it really seems still to be a massive over-reaction. Going by the numbers I see, the whole of my town of about 25,000 people is basically in 'lockdown' because 15 people have (possibly) symptoms of covid-19.
It's going to be a lovely day tomorrow, and I live in a semi-rural area, with some of the country's loveliest parkland, but everyone has to stay indoors.
IMO the fact we all have to stay in is doing more damage to peoples physical and mental health than running the risk of catching the bug. You could say I'm being blase about it but no, I don't think I am.

This world (or more so, this country) has gone absolutely bonkers I'm sure.

Something isn't right. There's definitely something we aren't being told (besides the number of recoveries).

The antibody test should be available already so that we can prove previous exposure and immunity but we still don't have it.
And don't tell me that it is being tested as it gives false positives/negatives....I'm not buying that - I don't think it takes that long to test these things.

This weekend should be our absolute peak of new cases (according to the timeframes I'm seeing in every other country that has gone past it's peak), and our peak of new deaths should be happening in about another 3 or 4 days. And that's assuming that the covid-19 diagnoses are in place of what would be normal seasonal flu deaths (which BTW wouldn't be reported, if anything we'd be completely oblivious to it)
But the daily briefings we are getting from the government seem to be coming from a war-room mentality, and that this is going to go on getting worse for weeks and weeks, when it clearly isn't going to be!

I don't see the need for the 'Nightingale Hospital'. It was stated today that the current NHS critical care capacity hasn't been reached or even close to reaching it. I think someone else mentioned earlier that the Nightingale Hospital is more than likely going to be used for those that are likely to die anyway as it's close to a large ice rink for storing bodies, so I expect the only use it will get will be as a processing centre for those close to death. Expect to see the terminally ventilated moved there from other hospitals soon.

I'd love to think that I'm just seeing a conspiracy of sorts that doesn't exist, and that TPTB are just doing their best in the face of a possibly extremely dangerous new virus, and over providing for what could possibly be a major pandemic situation, providing for a 'worst case scenario' and hoping it doesn't happen.

Somehow though I can smell something fishy, and it's not my own pants from days of self isolation.

Back