The COVID-19 (Wuhan Coronavirus) Outbreak: Conspiracy Theories & Claims

Ogdred Weary

Resurrectionist
Reaction score
Their assassins aren't up to the same skill levels as they once were.
Back in the cold war era, they definitely got good at making it look like an accident.
Or perhaps it's that they simply don't care, they know no one believes that these were accidents.

AlienView

"Stargate Explorer"
Reaction score
Why Do Russia’s Doctors Keep Falling?
Three Russian medical workers have fallen out of windows, two of them fatally, under mysterious circumstances in the past two weeks. Alexander Shulepov, a paramedic from the city of Voronezh, is in critical condition after falling out of a second-story window at a hospital where he was being treated for COVID-19 last Saturday. Shulepov had earlier posted a video online along with a colleague in which he complained of being forced to work even after testing positive for the virus. The colleague had earlier been questioned by police for allegedly spreading fake news after complaining publicly about PPE shortages.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ndows-lukashenko-coronavirus-el-salvador.html

Conspiracy? - I'm always ready to entertain the conspiracy view.

But, to be fair, everyone wants to pin conspiracies on Russia
- Yes, they may be true.

Still you have to consider drinking too much Vodka while using vodka as a disinfectant while there were shortages of disinfectant !

Seriously though, would Russia engage in this type of behavior {throwing people out of windows} at this time
under the current circumstances? Or, just an independent supervisor who is fed-up
and decided to get rid of trouble makers?

Cochise

Never give up, never surrender
Reaction score
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...es-may-have-cost-nobel-prize-winner-believes/

Lockdown saved no lives and may have cost them, Nobel Prize winner believes
Professor Michael Levitt of Stanford University predicts that the UK will be rid of Covid-19 within weeks

I post these links in Conspiracy, I agree with what others have said that it will be a year or two down the line before we know who is right. But I think it is worthwhile reminding ourselves that the experts do not all agree. Which in turn should cause us to have some sympathy for those who had to decide between them

Analogue Boy

The new Number 6
Reaction score
If an assassin is close enough to do a wrist test they're close enough to use a variety of methods.
The US have the laser ‘thermometer’ right here.

1590341749827.png

Xi’s going to have to stand a little further back.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...es-may-have-cost-nobel-prize-winner-believes/

Lockdown saved no lives and may have cost them, Nobel Prize winner believes
Professor Michael Levitt of Stanford University predicts that the UK will be rid of Covid-19 within weeks

I post these links in Conspiracy, I agree with what others have said that it will be a year or two down the line before we know who is right. But I think it is worthwhile reminding ourselves that the experts do not all agree. Which in turn should cause us to have some sympathy for those who had to decide between them
He's a biologist - it's not his area of specialty.

Cochise

Reaction score
He's a biologist - it's not his area of specialty.
Well, he is clearly a mathematician as well, and the forecasts are mathematical equations. As I have mentioned before, I was trained as a statistician. Statistics are key here, and the maths are the same if you are looking at covid mortality or mean time between failure of electrical components - except the latter is easier because there are fewer unknowns.,

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
Neil Ferguson (epidemiologist) has a Phd in Theoretical Physics.
Michael Levitt has a PhD in Computational Biology.

So it's clearly not Ferguson's area of speciality. Why are we listening to him?
what are you on about? He was part of a team that was pretty much all over the place - but had to advise the government. It has been said he wasn't sole advisor.

Trying to blame him when there is a fucking disaster of a government is pointless.

But random ancient Nobel Prize winners sitting at home going "I wouldn't have done it like that" is rubbish as well.

Cochise

Reaction score
what are you on about? He was part of a team that was pretty much all over the place - but had to advise the government. It has been said he wasn't sole advisor.

Trying to blame him when there is a fucking disaster of a government is pointless.

But random ancient Nobel Prize winners sitting at home going "I wouldn't have done it like that" is rubbish as well.
Except he claims - I don't know the truth - that he advised Ferguson early on that his numbers were nonsense. Look here, I don't want people to die. But you have to put that aspect on hold if you are trying to understand the numbers.

Suppose you had been PM? Whose advice would you have taken?

And I'm not standing up for Boris - I think he has been a disaster.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Yes, I know. But they were his models.

Was I, with that post? No need to be so angry all the time.

http://med.stanford.edu/levitt.html
Since 28 January 2020, Levitt, his Stanford group and an international team of volunteers have worked tirelessly on data analysis of COVID-19.

Naughty_Felid

No longer interesting
Reaction score
Except he claims - I don't know the truth - that he advised Ferguson early on that his numbers were nonsense. Look here, I don't want people to die. But you have to put that aspect on hold if you are trying to understand the numbers.

Suppose you had been PM? Whose advice would you have taken?

And I'm not standing up for Boris - I think he has been a disaster.
I don't care. Double shifts, scared staff, scared public - I just need a break. I do wish you lot undermining all this would just not post when you are sat at home doing f all.

Last edited:

Cochise

Reaction score
I don't care. Double shifts, scared staff, scared public - I just need a break. I do wish you lot undermining all this would just not post when you are sat at home doing f all.
You know what? Maybe all this - and the stress is clearly is putting on you - is unnecessary.

I'm not inhuman, chap. You clearly are suffering and really, we are not 'undermining' because there is no clear correct answer.

AlienView

"Stargate Explorer"
Reaction score
Well, he is clearly a mathematician as well, and the forecasts are mathematical equations. As I have mentioned before, I was trained as a statistician. Statistics are key here, and the maths are the same if you are looking at covid mortality or mean time between failure of electrical components - except the latter is easier because there are fewer unknowns.,
The big monkey wrench confounding the way the pandemic has played out
in a word is 'stealth'. - The way the virus may be completely hidden in not only a
few, but in many people, creating miscalculations of how to respond.

Again, this is one reason some, including me, see this as a possible terrorist attack
- You might say it is just coincidence that it is the perfect bio-weapon.
Yes, you might be right - But what if you're wrong?

What if the World is now under a terrorist attack by individuals determined
to end it. ???

We already know that type of terrorist {end the World} does exist
- And if they have gotten away with this type of stealth attack
- They will attack again.