• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

"Ever been annoyed by carrying a cumbersome bag?"

"Aye, an' she can buy her oon lady-sporrans the noo!" :omr:

When you take into consideration other cuts inflicted on the CDCs by the Trump Administration* it's little wonder that the US was unprepared.

WASHINGTON, March 22 (Reuters) - Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.

The American disease expert, a medical epidemiologist embedded in China’s disease control agency, left her post in July, according to four sources with knowledge of the issue. The first cases of the new coronavirus may have emerged as early as November, and as cases exploded, the Trump administration in February chastised China for censoring information about the outbreak and keeping U.S. experts from entering the country to help.

“It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cdc-...e77dd7bc5b63c3b6492aba3?ncid=newsltushpmgnews

*Trump defends cuts to the CDCs budget.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...nt-hire-doctors-coronavirus-2020-2-1028946602

Rumour heard today: China's mobile networks have fifteen million fewer users than a few months ago, indicating a far higher death toll than officially claimed.

Related rumour: although China claims to be disease free and back to business as usual, many sick are being forced back to work, China is far from in the clear and the whole thing is a face saving exercise.

Rumour heard today: China's mobile networks have fifteen million fewer users than a few months ago, indicating a far higher death toll than officially claimed.
Or it could be that, due to a lockdown, many subscribers ran out of money and couldn't afford to pay. So they cancelled their subscriptions.

Or it could be that, due to a lockdown, many subscribers ran out of money and couldn't afford to pay. So they cancelled their subscriptions.
In countries that bury their dead, it's tough to hide mass deaths. Satellites see the cemeteries. China was in the news recently for destroying cemeteries in their western provinces, something that was discovered by satellite

One rumoured explanation--and I have seen no real source for the initial claim--is that although a small percentage of the missing accounts are those of the dead, many more of them were cancelled for spreading disinformation/"the truth" about the scale and/or cause of the outbreak.

Does a rock-bottom 'Social Credit Score' in China limit a person's ability to enter into contracts?

All guesswork as far as I can see.

I'm much more concerned about the official attempts to re-write the history of the pandemic by claiming (variously) that the Covid-19 outbreak began in the U.S. and was spread to Wuhan by travellers (bullshit), or that it was 'seeded' in Wuhan by the U.S. military as either an experiment or a form of deniable biological warfare (utter bullshit).

When this pandemic is finally over (or brought under control as far as possible), the Chinese government ought to be dealt with the way we deal with other repressive and dangerous regimes. If that means a rebalancing of trade and manufacturing to isolate them, the cost will be worth it. If the system utterly demands a sole workshop with a vast workforce, mail all the contracts to the democracy of India. There are further obvious (political) steps involving Taiwan, but perhaps I had better not get into them here.

The Chinese people: no problem; the Chinese state: a visitation from the Ghost of dystopian Christmas Future.

Rumour: nurse Liang Xiao Xia (梁小霞) of Guangxi province, South China died of covid yesterday, but this hasn't been announced because the country is officially virus-free.

One rumoured explanation--and I have seen no real source for the initial claim
IMG-20200325-WA0002.jpg

G-translated from https://ezone.ulifestyle.com.hk/article/2596539/23

China mobile's figures here: https://www.chinamobileltd.com/tc/ir/operation_m.php

An editor at i-Cable news in Hong Kong was fired for suggesting a connection between the dramatic decrease in users and the virus.

As the days go by and we all begin to come to terms with our bafflement that a strain of flu has entirely shut down the world as we know it, perhaps forever, it is easy to wander down the path if thinking something bigger, something man-made is at play.

The virus is one thing, that can be natural, but the reaction and seeming willingness to crash the economy...

Depopulation plus global recession, push us all out of our comfortable lifestyles and back into subservience to and reliance on our governments.

Surely though that advantage to the elite is outweighed by the multitude of negative impacts?

I should think on the contrary being pushed out of a comfy lifestyle is more likely to make people rebel against the government.

Fact is that at times like this (and other times when something big has taken over 'the news'), Governments use it as smoke-screen for other things.
It's a good time to release bad news knowing that it'll be missed while the front pages are dominated by the major news story of the time.
It is at times like this that you really need to look through the inside pages more carefully.
Also, it is at times like this when Governments take the opportunity to rush through legislation, knowing that in the face of the current situation it'll go unopposed mainly. As we speak, UK government is putting through legislation aimed at reducing gatherings outdoors etc. I would be surprised if those restrictions (and others) are relaxed as quickly as they are imposed. Much like the way the petrol price soars as soon as there is a shot fired in the middle east, and yet continued falls in the price of crude barely filter through to the pumps for months!

In countries that bury their dead, it's tough to hide mass deaths. Satellites see the cemeteries. China was in the news recently for destroying cemeteries in their western provinces, something that was discovered by satellite

A quick google suggests that there are over 6 billion contracts in the country so it's proportionally not that hugs, esp. not when people can have both a personal phone and a work phone... and maybe another to call their dealer.

Yes - Similar to the scenario I keep seeing.

Here is the rest of the story:
It was developed by Middle Eastern, possibly Iranian, terrorists and probably made out of the blood of vampire bats. It was supposed to be released in the United States as a terrorist attack - But they brought it to a friendly lab in China first to have it analyzed so the best method of dispersal could be found
- There was an accident at the lab, and the virus escaped in China - the rest
is history.

Unfortunately the virus mutated and was not as lethal as they hoped - but there
was an unintended side effect - Those it kills are really dead BUT the survivors
eventually turn into zombies - Imagine terrorist zombies and then the real
problems start.

Hopefully I'm wrong - But in any case remember the words of the famous
American Existentialist philosopher Alfred E. Neuman:

"What me Worry?"

images

In light of recent developments in the U.S. - is it really feasible that TPTB in that country are going to 'let nature take its course' and concentrate on getting their economy fired up again? This is the impression I am getting - also from Bolsonaro in Brazil - ie., let those who are susceptible die, and carry on making money?

Maybe it could be the 'better' option but it still makes me feel sorry for the old/sick/poor/disabled in those countries :-(

I am trying very hard not to stray into politics!

In light of recent developments in the U.S. - is it really feasible that TPTB in that country are going to 'let nature take its course' and concentrate on getting their economy fired up again? This is the impression I am getting - also from Bolsonaro in Brazil - ie., let those who are susceptible die, and carry on making money?
Many of the captains of industry are in the vulnerable group. Bad idea, maybe?

It does seem counter-intuitive as lowered populations generally tend to have much more leverage with employers - leading to better wages and conditions - but then maybe comparisons to the mediaeval Black Death don't apply to our times.

Here is a factual conspiracy theory that goes back many, many years
- I have studied in the past many books on, and listened to many talk shows on,
conspiracy theories.

The old conspiracy theory that used to be quite popular is that the powers that be,
often called 'The New World Order', were determined to reduce the World's
population to make it more manageable - some had said they wanted to reduce
the World's population drastically.

Never thought much of that theory and paid little attention to it
- Suddenly, in view of what's going on, and considering the almost selective nature
of Coronavirus, this theory becomes worth considering again.

Notice how the virus is only relatively lethal - and often selective in that it is most
likely to kill the old and weakened - consider the savings to the medical systems
of the World that are already overburdened by the old, often suffering from dementia and those with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes.

Would it not be advantageous to this group of conspirators to unleash a
'designer virus' to wipe out many members of that group?
Wars are expensive and destabilizing - A virus that convinces people to
'shelter in place' while they are systematically being eliminated, is a cheaper
and simpler way of doing it - right?

I no longer study conspiracy theories - They can not be proven
- And the fact that there may be some truth to some of them,
is the main reason.

- Do you really want to believe that there is a cartel of
power hungry devils working to eliminate much of the World's population ????

image.jpg

Last edited:
A heinous plot to reduce the world's population is just about within the realms of possibility, but how can that be reconciled with the virus' originator China relaxing its one-child policy around 7 years ago, thereby encouraging a population increase?

But - as a concerned diabetic - would the money saved from eliminating the old and the medical burdens not be countered by the hugely damaging impact on the world's economy?

Any money saved on medical would have to be spent on bailing out industry.

Plus diabetes and aging are non going away. This procedure would need to rinse and repeat every 30-40 years.

Aren't most diseases likely to kill the old and weak? It doesn't seem very selective.

This procedure would need to rinse and repeat every 30-40 years.

Would this not be helpful to "Them"?

To have a seasonal virus that means people have to regularly follow draconian laws stopping freedom of movement etc would only help in keeping the worlds population fearful and compliant.

Whether this virus was planed or not, "They" are certainly learning from it

Wars are expensive and destabilizing - A virus that convinces people to
'shelter in place' while they are systematically being eliminated, is a cheaper
and simpler way of doing it - right?
So all this isn't expensive and destabilising? Phew!

A friend of mine had read a post by a Medical Student here in Sweden one week ago who claimed that they had all been pulled off their studies and drafted in to help. In their catch-up reading material this person had discovered that there are two strains of Covid 19. One of them being much worse than the other. This bad one activated a certain bacteria already found in the lungs causing it to multiply wildly, meaning that death was inevitable in those people as the body can't fight off something that isn't foreign to itself.

Now I called BS on the whole thing but just this morning I read an article in The Telegraph stating that scientists in China have identified two strains of Covid 19 - L & S. I haven't heard anything about this on the news before nor the implications involved but the article also links to a story back on 5th March. Is this common knowledge to everyone else? Aparently you can be infected with both and one does not make you immune to the other.

Article today: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/26/what-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-virus/

Article from 5th March: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science...as-mutated-aggressive-disease-say-scientists/

Back