• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

It's claimed they reduce your likelihood of getting flu by various percentages. 60% - 40% is mentioned...if it reduces the need for hospital treatment plus saves some lives it's the cheaper option.

The US CDC supports the 40% - 60% estimate.

Even that guesstimate, however, depends on two factors:

a) If you opted for the jab, would you have caught the flu that year or not?

b) If you had the jab, yet caught flu despite it, would the health authorities become aware of the failure?

- So the stats are pre-loaded to make the vaccine sound more effective than it is.

maximus otter

The US CDC supports the 40% - 60% estimate.

Even that guesstimate, however, depends on two factors:

a) If you opted for the jab, would you have caught the flu that year or not?

b) If you had the jab, yet caught flu despite it, would the health authorities become aware of the failure?

- So the stats are pre-loaded to make the vaccine sound more effective than it is.

maximus otter

Yes, annual flu vaccine effectiveness is hard to nail down. Most sites providing information readily admit this.

The only way to determine it would be to not vaccinate at all for several years & assess the difference in death/hospitalisation figures for various age ranges over a period.

"This desperate drive to find a vaccine worries me because of the potential for corners to be cut. "

Well exactly.

just imagine if the wonder cure turned out to be another thalidomide or that swine flu jab that caused narcolepsy.

I hope people on here aren't suggesting the scientists work for free to solve this crisis, because that really is a recipe for (more) disaster. If they get a cure, they deserve all the income they get.

AstraZeneca are working on a vaccine which they have agreed to sell without profit. Not sure what motivated that.

Huge demonstration in Berlin yesterday.
Seemed to be an eclectic mixture of anti-vaxxers, Coronavirus deniers, class war anarchists, hard right, hard left and some regular citizens.
The common theme though is a hefty dose of Coronavirus scepticism and not a mask in sight!

Over 300 arrests made when a faction of several hundred attempted to storm the Reichstag parliament building.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53959552

Huge demonstration in Berlin yesterday.
Seemed to be an eclectic mixture of anti-vaxxers, Coronavirus deniers, class war anarchists, hard right, hard left and some regular citizens.
The common theme though is a hefty dose of Coronavirus scepticism and not a mask in sight!

Over 300 arrests made when a faction of several hundred attempted to storm the Reichstag parliament building.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53959552

There was a smaller (and thankfully more peaceful) demonstration in London:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...spiracy-theorists-anti-vaxxers-protest-london

I see that guest speakers amidst the Coronavirus sceptics were Piers Corbyn and our old friend David Icke!

Someone on Facebook posted that the media weren’t covering this. And to prove their point they posted an article from the Daily Mail about the demonstration. Erm...

That's the way the CT narrative goes now. "The media won't report this!" Except they do, which in a weird way legitimises their fantasies and makes them spread. I can see why the mainstream media wouldn't want to report CTs for that reason, but that doesn't mean they don't report on them, at all.

That's the way the CT narrative goes now. "The media won't report this!" Except they do, which in a weird way legitimises their fantasies and makes them spread. I can see why the mainstream media wouldn't want to report CTs for that reason, but that doesn't mean they don't report on them, at all.
They do eventually report on things if shamed into doing it by the non-mainstream media.

They do eventually report on things if shamed into doing it by the non-mainstream media.

"Shame" is a very loaded word. It suggests grudges, grievances, entitlement, and that's not a good place to be in your mind, or anyone else's.

"Shame" is a very loaded word. It suggests grudges, grievances, entitlement, and that's not a good place to be in your mind, or anyone else's.
Word trickery aside, what I said still stands. :)

Word trickery aside, what I said still stands. :)

Does it? It's a word that will be used by those conspiracy-believing maniacs who went on marches yesterday to justify their self-centred fantasies, the "What about meeeeee?!" brigade who aren't interested in sympathy or reason with anyone but their own satisfaction, regardless of the peril they will put others in as well. I know it's become the common viewpoint online, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Does it? It's a word that will be used by those conspiracy-believing maniacs who went on marches yesterday to justify their self-centred fantasies, the "What about meeeeee?!" brigade who aren't interested in sympathy or reason with anyone but their own satisfaction, regardless of the peril they will put others in as well. I know it's become the common viewpoint online, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

Here's a good example of the anti-civil "what about meeee?" morons:

Some 3,000 attended an illegal rave in South Wales, with music so loud at 03:00 yesterday morning, that people 14 miles away couldn't sleep.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53964322

I find this truly remarkable.
Just Google "anti-lockdown rally Trafalgar square" images and look at the attendees and the banners being carried.
An estimated 10,000 people of all creeds, colours, political persuasions and ages turned up to listen to and applaud an ageing Marxist's conspiracy theories.
Just like the far larger Berlin demonstration, there was no hint of social distancing and not a mask to be seen (except for the fairly common V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask).
Whilst most of us here dismiss the Corbyn/Icke rhetoric as dangerous and non-factual nonsense, the numbers of people who do subscribe to their point of view do seem to be on the increase. And, worryingly, it appears to appeal to and cut across a wide spectrum of political views.

Last edited:
"honey I'm home" ben away for ages, guess I missed a lot :) There is a conspiracy here ! The origins of the Virus.. The apparent blocking of suggestions its been genetically engineered, and the reasons to even create a hybrid Sars virus that can target any Mammals ?

Here's a good example of the anti-civil "what about meeee?" morons:

Some 3,000 attended an illegal rave in South Wales, with music so loud at 03:00 yesterday morning, that people 14 miles away couldn't sleep.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53964322
I'm clearly getting old, someone I used to sometimes go to these types of raves with posted about this exact same party on facebook yesterday like it was a good thing? .. I replied to him with "This is 2020, not 1992 .. they're morons." Who the f**k goes raving at the moment?.

I'm clearly getting old, someone I used to sometimes go to these types of raves with posted about this exact same party on facebook yesterday like it was a good thing? .. I replied to him with "This is 2020, not 1992 .. they're morons." Who the f**k goes raving at the moment?.

I guess, rather like the Covid Hoax rally, the appeal is that you're sticking two fingers up at authority and being a bit of a renegade.
The "Jail Boris", "New normal = new fascism" and "bollocks to Covid" themes hint at the anti-establishment Zeitgeist.

I guess, rather like the Covid Hoax rally, the appeal is that you're sticking two fingers up at authority and being a bit of a renegade.
The "Jail Boris", "New normal = new fascism" and "bollocks to Covid" themes hint at the anti-establishment Zeitgeist.
That's my interpretation of this as well.

Last edited:
I find this truly remarkable.
Just Google "anti-lockdown rally Trafalgar square" images and look at the attendees and the banners being carried.
An estimated 10,000 people of all creeds, colours, political persuasions and ages turned up to listen to and applaud an ageing Marxist's conspiracy theories.
Just like the far larger Berlin demonstration, there was no hint of social distancing and not a mask to be seen (except for the fairly common V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask).
Whilst most of us here dismiss the Corbyn/Icke rhetoric as dangerous and non-factual nonsense, the numbers of people who do subscribe to their point of view do seem to be on the increase. And, worryingly, it appears to appeal to and cut across a wide spectrum of political views.

That's the point - from far right to far left with every hue in between there are covid skeptics. How do you sell the covid is deadly message? Many different approaches needed?

Should Piers have been fined so much? A senior government adviser who broke regulations got off scot free.

That's the point - from far right to far left with every hue in between there are covid skeptics. How do you sell the covid is deadly message? Many different approaches needed?

Should Piers have been fined so much? A senior government adviser who broke regulations got off scot free.

The fine is for organising a public gathering in excess of 30 people.
The rave organisers got the same £10,000 fine as Corbyn and also had their expensive sound and light system confiscated.

The fine is for organising a public gathering in excess of 30 people.
The rave organisers got the same £10,000 fine as Corbyn and also had their expensive sound and light system confiscated.
Oh dear, they certainly rented that and now have no cash to make good to the small vendor.

Is this a relatively well known documentary?

If not so, maybe of interest..

Superb if chilling resumé of the known facts, with more smoking guns than a Clint Eastwood movie.
The Chinese Communist Party is as guilty as hell and I see that Bush and Clinton get a slapping too for effectively giving the CCP carte blanche to act as they do.
That Chinese ex-pat is a brave lady!

Surely the point is that many other things are deadly as well? Why are we obsessed with this one particular illness when Cancer or even flu are more deadly?

Dr Campbell expresses his bafflement and frustration over the mysterious lack of research into a correlation between low vitamin D levels and Covid-19 susceptibility:

Back