• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

In the US it is not possible to volunteer in a covid facility. Either you come out of retirement and work as a certified health care worker, and you have to complete training, or you stay home. I was very nicely asked to stay home from a volunteer position in March well before the hospital had seen an actual case. It would surprise me if the UK were different.
She's been saying she's a current NHS hospital health care assistant. I'm an ex one and she couldn't answer any of my questions .. she's full of shit.

I have an Internet acquaintance who keeps insisting that Covid-19 is exactly the same as the common cold. Much as I would love to bawl her out, I contented myself with telling her that the vast majority of colds are caused by rhinoviruses, and left it at that. I'm too old to get into flame wars with people.

Yes indeed my friends this is a conspiracy. Either

a) it is a deliberate attack by China on the rest of the world

or

b) it is an American created virus to destabilise China and also to profit from the vaccine that Bill Gates has patented.

I can't be arsed to post links because you can all Google. But I'm guessing we will need a topic for the purpose. So pile on :)
Or c, it's aliens. .

Or c, it's aliens. .
61-twitter.png

Let me trot out my own conspiracy theory. The weather is still awful and there is nothing better to do.

Points in order.

1. The virus has actually been around (undetected) since last November, in Italy (and presumably elsewhere in Europe).
2. The virus spread to China via international travel.
3. The outbreak in Wuhan was detected precisely because the Chinese were sensitive about the biosecurity of the lab there.
4. A combination of China's strict reaction (because they don't want to be blamed) plus Italy's health service locally being overwhelmed by a virus that had actually been there for some time caused a worldwide panic.
5. Roll forward 10 months. The economic and medical and psychological damage of lockdowns has become so self-evidently enormous that even the thickest governments have realised they have made a cock-up of unprecedented proportions.
6. Do they hold their hands up? Not on your nelly.
7. It is known scientifically that covids are deadly for at most two winters.
8. Therefore (they reason) if we , after the alleged 'second wave' get everyone vaccinated and winter 2021 produces minimal Covid deaths we can claim that they have been saved from the terrible Covid-19 (average age of deceased 82, fatality rate 0.02%) in the nick of time, even if the vaccine only contains spring water. By then of course they will have separated out flu deaths again and Covid-19 deaths will be minimal. Vaccine or no. Thus
9. At the expenditure of many billions of money they will be able to tell people what a success their entire strategy has been from day 1 - even though they don't know when day 1 was. Result :-
10. They will remain on the gravy train they feel they are so entitled to.

Last edited:
I reckon it's got something to do with the Knights Templar.

I can still remember when we used to respond with words.

An article on why people reject official info on the virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-conspiracy-theorist-5g-covid-plandemic-qanon

For the Daily Express circle jerks that takes up a lot of space on this forum these days.

Thanks for that NF ..... one of my sons friends on fb is spouting bullshit by the bucket load ... and calling those of us who don't agree 'blind' and unthinking. She's all into this 'spiritual re-awakening'stuff and how the rest of us who are still asleep are in for a nasty surprise! Ho hum. Latest offering included Louis Pasteur recanting his 'germ theory' on his deathbed. It's hard to know if it's worth putting any effort into arguing ..'sides she posts reams and reams of the stuff. Ho hum

Sollywos x

Thanks for that NF ..... one of my sons friends on fb is spouting bullshit by the bucket load ... and calling those of us who don't agree 'blind' and unthinking. She's all into this 'spiritual re-awakening'stuff and how the rest of us who are still asleep are in for a nasty surprise! Ho hum. Latest offering included Louis Pasteur recanting his 'germ theory' on his deathbed. It's hard to know if it's worth putting any effort into arguing ..'sides she posts reams and reams of the stuff. Ho hum

Sollywos x
Best way to take the wind out of the sails of these idiots is to totally ignore them. Sadly soshul meedya morons are on the increase.

Best way to take the wind out of the sails of these idiots is to totally ignore them. Sadly soshul meedya morons are on the increase.

I have been ignoring her after learning Brandolini's law the hard way!

Sollywos x

Here's a conspiracy angle with some substance ... China's slow response to the disease and even slower actions toward warning the rest of the world were arguably aggravated (if not caused) by secret deals giving 3 relatively unknown companies a virtual monopoly on testing kits and the testing process.
China testing blunders stemmed from secret deals with firms

In the early days in Wuhan, the first city struck by the virus, getting a COVID test was so difficult that residents compared it to winning the lottery.

Throughout the Chinese city in January, thousands of people waited in hours-long lines for hospitals, sometimes next to corpses lying in hallways. But most couldn’t get the test they needed to be admitted as patients. And for the few who did, the tests were often faulty, resulting in false negatives.

The widespread test shortages and problems at a time when the virus could have been slowed were caused largely by secrecy and cronyism at China’s top disease control agency, an Associated Press investigation has found. ...

The flawed testing system prevented scientists and officials from seeing how fast the virus was spreading — another way China fumbled its early response to the virus. Earlier AP reporting showed how top Chinese leaders delayed warning the public and withheld information from the World Health Organization, supplying the most comprehensive picture yet of China’s initial missteps. Taken together, these mistakes in January facilitated the virus’ spread through Wuhan and across the world undetected, in a pandemic that has now sickened more than 64 million people and killed almost 1.5 million. ...

China’s Center for Disease Control and Prevention gave test kit designs and distribution rights exclusively to three then-obscure Shanghai companies with which officials had personal ties, the reporting found. The deals took place within a culture of backdoor connections that quietly flourished in an underfunded public health system, according to the investigation, which was based on interviews with more than 40 doctors, CDC employees, health experts, and industry insiders, as well as hundreds of internal documents, contracts, messages and emails obtained by the AP.

The Shanghai companies — GeneoDx Biotech, Huirui Biotechnology, and BioGerm Medical Technology -- paid the China CDC for the information and the distribution rights, according to two sources with knowledge of the transaction who asked to remain anonymous to avoid retribution. The price: One million RMB ($146,600) each, the sources said. It’s unclear whether the money went to specific individuals.

In the meantime, the CDC and its parent agency, the National Health Commission, tried to prevent other scientists and organizations from testing for the virus with their own homemade kits. In a departure from past practice for at least two epidemics, the NHC told Wuhan hospitals to send virus samples — from which tests can be developed — only to central labs under its authority. It also made testing requirements to confirm coronavirus cases much more complicated, and endorsed only test kits made by the Shanghai companies. ...

These measures contributed to not a single new case being reported by Chinese authorities between Jan. 5 and 17, even though retrospective infection data shows that hundreds were infected. ...

When tests from the three companies arrived, many didn’t work properly, turning out inconclusive results or false negatives. And technicians were hesitant to use test kits that would later prove more accurate from more established companies, because the CDC did not endorse them. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/china-virus-testing-secret-deals-firms-312f4a953e0264a3645219a08c62a0ad

They might have died anyway. However, if a lot more do subsequently die, then we should definitely be concerned.

The article states "[O]ne experienced a cardiac arrest 62 days after vaccination "

Given the internationally accepted rule for calculating Covid deaths is within 28 days of testing positive, it seems a bit strange to count this unfortunate individual, who appears to have had other health issues as well.

The article states "[O]ne experienced a cardiac arrest 62 days after vaccination "

Given the internationally accepted rule for calculating Covid deaths is within 28 days of testing positive, it seems a bit strange to count this unfortunate individual, who appears to have had other health issues as well.
Indeed.

Seems to me governments risk being hoisted with their own petard. After counting as a covid death anyone who tested positive for covid regardless of whether covid had anything to do with it - quite apart from anything else there are false positives - they now risk being lambasted for anyone who dies after the vaccine whether the vaccine has anything to do with it or not. In fact its already started.

Serves 'em right, IMHO.

Let me trot out my own conspiracy theory. The weather is still awful and there is nothing better to do.

Points in order.

1. The virus has actually been around (undetected) since last November, in Italy (and presumably elsewhere in Europe).
2. The virus spread to China via international travel.
3. The outbreak in Wuhan was detected precisely because the Chinese were sensitive about the biosecurity of the lab there.
4. A combination of China's strict reaction (because they don't want to be blamed) plus Italy's health service locally being overwhelmed by a virus that had actually been there for some time caused a worldwide panic.
5. Roll forward 10 months. The economic and medical and psychological damage of lockdowns has become so self-evidently enormous that even the thickest governments have realised they have made a cock-up of unprecedented proportions.
6. Do they hold their hands up? Not on your nelly.
7. It is known scientifically that covids are deadly for at most two winters.
8. Therefore (they reason) if we , after the alleged 'second wave' get everyone vaccinated and winter 2021 produces minimal Covid deaths we can claim that they have been saved from the terrible Covid-19 (average age of deceased 82, fatality rate 0.02%) in the nick of time, even if the vaccine only contains spring water. By then of course they will have separated out flu deaths again and Covid-19 deaths will be minimal. Vaccine or no. Thus
9. At the expenditure of many billions of money they will be able to tell people what a success their entire strategy has been from day 1 - even though they don't know when day 1 was. Result :-
10. They will remain on the gravy train they feel they are so entitled to.
Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this Covid panic is largely political maneuvers, and mostly NOT about the general welfare.

Here's something stupid:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...-for-just-5-minutes/ar-BB1bOXqo?ocid=msedgntp
Am I supposed to believe that people who are surprised that an airborne pathogen can get spread by wind are professionals? Part of the reason a lot of the pushback to COVID control policies happens is because the policies don't actually WORK. Seriously, I learned epidemiology in military NBC. What I can repeat isn't very detailed, but rule #1: you filter the air. Never assume a contaminant will settle out of the air on it's own. If an infected person is breathing inside a building, the building is contaminated and you need air filtration masks to be safe...ish.

Oh and most of the masks people wear don't filter anything. Also most of the masks people use don't seal to the face. That means the air flow wouldn't be filtered properly even if the mask had an air filter. But the mask wearing rules think that's fine. Soo yeah.... govts are pushing laws that do very little to actually help.

Staying 6 feet apart in supermarket lines? Ok, the location the person in front of you was standing is a pocket of contaminated air... if they were infected.... and if the contaminated air didn't get wafted by a breeze.. possibly at where you are right now. What about when the line moves? then you're standing in the pocket of contaminated air that the person in front of you created. Unless you're using a mask that has a good filter properly... you're going to inhale whatever they exhaled, and if they exhaled Covid-19 you're inhaling that.

It's not that those rules do nothing, it's that they're weaksauce at actually protecting people. IE they fit into the "better than nothing" category where all it really does is make it take longer for you to get infected.

It particularly hilarious how people are blaming "anti-maskers" for the virus spread when quarantine in the US failed before the virus was even identified.

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that this Covid panic is largely political maneuvers, and mostly NOT about the general welfare.

Here's something stupid:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...-for-just-5-minutes/ar-BB1bOXqo?ocid=msedgntp
Am I supposed to believe that people who are surprised that an airborne pathogen can get spread by wind are professionals? Part of the reason a lot of the pushback to COVID control policies happens is because the policies don't actually WORK. Seriously, I learned epidemiology in military NBC. What I can repeat isn't very detailed, but rule #1: you filter the air. Never assume a contaminant will settle out of the air on it's own. If an infected person is breathing inside a building, the building is contaminated and you need air filtration masks to be safe...ish.

Oh and most of the masks people wear don't filter anything. Also most of the masks people use don't seal to the face. That means the air flow wouldn't be filtered properly even if the mask had an air filter. But the mask wearing rules think that's fine. Soo yeah.... govts are pushing laws that do very little to actually help.

Staying 6 feet apart in supermarket lines? Ok, the location the person in front of you was standing is a pocket of contaminated air... if they were infected.... and if the contaminated air didn't get wafted by a breeze.. possibly at where you are right now. What about when the line moves? then you're standing in the pocket of contaminated air that the person in front of you created. Unless you're using a mask that has a good filter properly... you're going to inhale whatever they exhaled, and if they exhaled Covid-19 you're inhaling that.

It's not that those rules do nothing, it's that they're weaksauce at actually protecting people. IE they fit into the "better than nothing" category where all it really does is make it take longer for you to get infected.

It particularly hilarious how people are blaming "anti-maskers" for the virus spread when quarantine in the US failed before the virus was even identified.

We’ve been under orders to wear the damn things since 24th July. lf they’ve had an effect, l’ve not seen it.

As far as l’m concerned, they’re the 2020 equivalent of surrendering one’s pots, pans and garden railings “for the war effort”: Utterly useless for the ostensible purpose, but they signal virtue and give the participants a warm glow in the heart.

maximus otter

It is not strange, a serious adverse event must be reported during a trial whether or not the researchers think it had anything to do with the vaccine or not. This is to eliminate any possible researcher bias towards deciding what to count or not. If a volunteer had gone outside and a piano had fallen on their head, that would have counted too.

I have to wonder how long the vaccine they've created so far will remain useful. There's reportedly a large enough number of strains for people to trace infection vectors based on the specific strain of virus that was transmitted. That in turn makes me wonder if it's also to the point where immunity to one strain isn't immunity to all strains. The vaccines are supposed to work for all of the known strains.... But what about strains we don't know yet?

Here's something stupid:

I've pretty much given upon believing anything the governments (not just the UK) say. They one minute claim to be following the advice and the next minute they ignore it - the WHO has been lukewarm at best about masks, for example.

The latest ridiculous contradiction in the UK is the advice about leaving windows open - in two lockdowns you shut infected people in together with uninfected, in many cases in high rise flats or old people's homes with minimal opportunity for fresh air - now you are saying that confined spaces spread the virus. (Which, incidentally, some of us had worked out in March.)

And does it occur to these so-called governing classes that poor frightened old people are likely to get hypothermia as a result - or at the very least get fuel bills they can't afford to pay.

I actually hate these people and their self righteousness - if for once they would admit just one of their pieces of facile advice had proved to be wrong i might believe them, but as it is I don't listen to a word they say and I've entirely stopped watching their propaganda broadcasts.

Last edited:
Strap yourselves in .. we're about to enter the moron zone:

"Maggie getting the first covid vaccine shot. Wears a penguin shirt. Guess who also wore penguins when he got a shot? Black & white animals are often used by masons as a symbol, in their dualistic, black/white , inverted world of deception and dialectics."

apenguins001.jpg

apenguins002.jpg

Secret penguin codes. Seriously?.

Back