• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I'm sure the vast majority of occurrences in Most Haunted are staged/fake. Given the amount of time the team had spent in supposedly haunted locations though, it would be surprising if they didn't just occasionally film something genuinely spooky.
I recall they used to do the "trigger object" experiment, whereby an object - I recall one being a hefty medieval key, would be placed on a sheet of paper, with an outline drawn around it and left in a locked room in some old castle for the duration of the show. A time - lapse film of the object showed it moving a couple of centimetres over perhaps 5 hours. Not particularly spectacular, but the mundane nature of the event made it feel more convincing.

BMCS,

...it would be surprising if they didn't just occasionally film something genuinely spooky...

And that is the whole point.

Either the phenomena exists, or it doesn't. There is no in between way to approach it.

So if it is all in the mind. Well, let's disregard it completely and label all such things as 'for entertainment only'.

But if it does exist then it has to be one of the most important things there is as it is saying that there actually is some other 'reality' that exists.

One can't have it both ways.

It is the same for ufos. Either they exist or they don't. And we can take the same bilateral approach to the answer.

The question also is. For those who think it really is all imagination. smoke and mirrors, why are you here ?

INT21

The question also is. For those who think it really is all imagination. smoke and mirrors, why are you here ?

Yup, now and then trolls roll up on here to tell us that IT'S ALL LIES YOU FOOLZ and STOP BELIEVING THE WOO, SHEEPLE! and so on. You'd think such rational intellectuals'd have better things to do with their time. Redesigning rockets, say, or dissecting the hippocampus.

Though I watch it they behave like a load of wimps, first time
anything remotely interesting happens they are running around
screaming or bailing out of the place. If something really scary happens
we will be in no doubt that adrenaline is in fact brown.

DAVID OWEN WINTER on Twitter.

Couldn't find a MH thread so this will have to go here.

There's a video on YouTube featuring a voice-over suggesting that Degsy has soiled himself from fear.
Winter has commented on it, saying that he knows MH is fake because he worked on it.

I googled him and came up with this Twitter page, where there is a discussion about who really threw stones on the programme. Thought it was worth a read! I bet there's more of Winter's disillusionment out there if we dig a bit.

Last edited:
DAVID OWEN WINTER on Twitter.

Couldn't find a MH thread so this will have to go here.

There's a video on YouTube Winter featuring a voice-over suggesting that Degsy has soiled himself from fear.
Winter has commented on it, saying that he knows MH is fake because he worked on it.

I googled him and came up with this Twitter page, where there is a discussion about who really threw stones on the programme. Thought it was worth a read! I bet there's more of Winter's disillusionment out there if we dig a bit.
He's getting quite angry on Tw@tter, isn't he?

The first time I watched the show, I thought wtf was wrong with that guy(Derek Accorah)?

long before David Icke, monty Python, around 1974, came up with a provocative theory about British football goalies being prone to dreaminess and esoteric speculation... life imitated art?

Most Haunted have a new youtube channel starting tonight ..

edit: direct link to the live Q&A session at 8pm tonight .

Last edited:
yvette.png

.... said Yvette Fielding.
Oh hang on .... she's talking about Blue Peter!
Making her live with Bonnie the Blue Peter dog - oh the humanity!

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...e-fielding-claims-she-was-bullied-on-the-show

Back