• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Death Of Tupac

A

Anonymous

not sure if you guys really care about this guy, or ever listen to his music, but his death is certainly of the conspiracy type. in 1994 he was robbed of $40,000 worth of jewelry, and shot in the head among other places. he survived to have a picture taken of him being loaded into the ambulance while flipping off the camera. then in 1996, he was shot in his car by assailants from a caddilac that had pulled up next to it with supposedly 3 people in the car. Some people say it was Puffy, some Suge Knight. Some people even claim he never died, that he staged his own death in order to escape the attempts constantly being made on his life. supposedly, he is supposed to come back 7 years from his "death" which, would happen to be this year, 2003. It's no doubt many people wanted him dead, if not just because of gang rivalry, then because of his lyrics calling for black unity and reform. any of you guys have anything to say on this? maybe a theory you've thought of?

One of my sons was mad on Tupac and I was treated to loud music, posters etc for years.

Tupac modelled himself on Machiavelli, whose advice to princes on retaining power included using any means possible including deceit.

There are loads of fan sites (as kadingle will know of course) which explain Tupac's behaviour in terms of Machiavelli's writings, such as this one-

Tupac & Machiavelli

I didn't know Tupac was cremated the day after murder. Is that normal?
Also, there are autopsy photos to be found on the 'net if you look.
They look convincing to me, but that might be the effect of the huge tattoos, which someone with a marker pen might have added.......

So if he isn't dead, where is he?

Nick Broomfield's excellent 2002 documentary entitled 'Biggie and Tupac' deals in detail with this sad story -- including the various conspiracy aspects.

Interviews with family and friends--including Snoop Dogg, Biggie's mother Vonetta Wallace, and an in-prison talk with Death Row honcho Suge Knight. Very scary.

Many reviews on the web and available to buy on dvd.

I just thought he was a piss-poor 'musician' or whatever he was meant to be. Frankly, I don't care why he was shot, but at least it stopped him making any more records.

Inverurie Jones said:
I just thought he was a piss-poor 'musician' or whatever he was meant to be. Frankly, I don't care why he was shot, but at least it stopped him making any more records.
Not really a musician as such, he just talked over other peoples music, a bit like a really cheap, dodgy party DJ.

well, just as someone can say classical music sucks, people can say that about tupac. the fact is that if you can create music that so many people will listen to, you have to be doing something right. about the machiavelli thing, tupac also had an alias of 'Makaveli" :)

kadingle said:
he survived to have a picture taken of him being loaded into the ambulance while flipping off the camera.

It's no doubt many people wanted him dead...

Gosh, with such a charming attitude, why would anyone wish the fellow harm?

Re: Re: Death of 2Pac

Windwhistler said:
Gosh, with such a charming attitude, why would anyone wish the fellow harm?
Don't be so quick to judge! I once "flipped off" a coach load of pensioners who were gawping and pointing at me lying injured after a nasty road accident. And I'm really quite nice. Didn't like the intrusion and neither did this Tupac presumably.

Victor Meldrew is alive and well!

I was 'treated' to various styles of modern music during my 4 kids' adolescences and several years working in homes for 'hard to place' teenagers and pride myself on never once taking the p*ss or sneering, however baffling I found it.

Tupac, NWA and BT & H seemed more normal for a young lad to be listening to than Son #2's mediaeval church music, anyway.....

My son graduated from Tupac to Eminem and then settled for rave music, which really is people just talking over other people's music. But that's by the by.

For all the reasons cited in the article, my son truly believed that Tupac's death was faked, and I think he was half expecting a new gangsta rapper to come along and fill his shoes who would of course be Tupac after plastic surgery. When this didn't happen immediately, he lost interest in the whole gangsta rap scene and moved on.

Who knows the truth? If his death was faked, maybe it was because he'd had enough of the gangsta lifestyle and just wanted to fade into oblivion.

Is my position unique (I doubt it)? I'm a big fan of Pergolesi who lived from 1710-1736. I often drive around listening to the Deutsche Grammophon recording of his 'Stabat Mater'. I love religious music. I also think that Dr Dre is a fantastic musical talent. I love modern r 'n b.

escargot said:
Tupac, NWA and BT & H seemed more normal for a young lad to be listening to than Son #2's mediaeval church music, anyway.....

A sad indictment on society, indeed.

"F*ck Tha Police" by NWA was an excellent track.

And I say that as someone who has variously been both detained by and worked with the rozers of various countires.

Hahaha, I know a law school professor who likes to play that NWA track as an introduction to his Criminal Procedure class... He walks up to the podium, makes a few remarks, then says "Here is an editorial which is both eloquent and offensive" and hits play. It seemed an utterly unexpected little stroke of genius to me.

also, in some of his songs during his makaveli period he mentions Killuminati. supposedly he was extremely against the Illuminati.

Logan5 said:
Hahaha, I know a law school professor who likes to play that NWA track as an introduction to his Criminal Procedure class... He walks up to the podium, makes a few remarks, then says "Here is an editorial which is both eloquent and offensive" and hits play. It seemed an utterly unexpected little stroke of genius to me.

Not the biggest hip-hop/rap fan (don't hate it all either), but I felt the same way about the book The Ice Opinion: Who Gives a F**k? by Ice-T. Especially his take on the 1st Amendment. Don't know of any poli-sci profs who've assigned it though.

.... per transivit gladius....... per transivit gladius................

i was thinkin the other day, you guys know that new rapper 50 Cent? well i doubt any of you would notice since you dont listen to either 50 or tupacs music, but their styles are really similar. the way they run the words together and some other stuff thats hard to describe. there seems to be a few people on the internet that think 50 could be tupac. they say they have tatoos in the same places. they both got shot like 9 times. the only thing is that tupac had kind of a distinctive shape of his head that 50 doesnt have. i dont remember how tall tupac was but i think 50 might be taller. anyways, supposedly on sept. 13 2003 he'll be back. honestly i dont really care unless he releases some good music, but hey it would be like one of the worlds biggest pranks!

ah yes, they both have the same number of bullet wounds. do you reckon tupac would make a record called "wanksta" though?

kadingle said:
i was thinkin the other day, you guys know that new rapper 50 Cent? well i doubt any of you would notice since you dont listen to either 50 or tupacs music, but their styles are really similar. the way they run the words together and some other stuff thats hard to describe. there seems to be a few people on the internet that think 50 could be tupac. they say they have tatoos in the same places. they both got shot like 9 times. the only thing is that tupac had kind of a distinctive shape of his head that 50 doesnt have. i dont remember how tall tupac was but i think 50 might be taller. anyways, supposedly on sept. 13 2003 he'll be back. honestly i dont really care unless he releases some good music, but hey it would be like one of the worlds biggest pranks!

The same was said abot another rapper using the name of "Black Haze". Sounds actually so much like 'Pac it is uncanny. Also supposed to be very similar looking & on the cover to one of his albums/singles, it showed a cracked tombstone with 'Pacs name upon it. Even a intro track upon one of the albums is titled, "Exit Makaveli, Enter Black Haze"

I don't really agree with 50 Cent & 2Pac's styles sounding the same. After listening to 'Get Rich or Die Trying' I wasn't that impressed (with exception to P.I.M.P & In Da Club. I will agree they can both string words together very well, almost like the way Eminem can.

Re: Re: Re: Death of 2Pac

beakboo said:
Don't be so quick to judge! I once "flipped off" a coach load of pensioners who were gawping and pointing at me lying injured after a nasty road accident. And I'm really quite nice. Didn't like the intrusion and neither did this Tupac presumably.

yes, but i'm sure your gesture was more along the lines of "go away and let me have some privacy" rather than, "gee, look how tuff i am, i can stick up my middle finger... on both hands!"
the sort of attitude I grew out of at twelve... :hmph: :rolleyes:

well after being shot a few times, i'd like to see you do anything other then cry for momma. maybe he didnt like cameras

I read up about this a few years ago, apparently the number 7 is important and he will 'return' in 7 years.
The flaw I see with this is that how will his fans react knowing they've greived and been through a lot all as part of a PR stunt?
If he is alive I doubt he will return, if he is dead I beleive the bigger conspiracy involves Suge Knight and his role in 2pac's murder.

*yawns and stretches* sounds like a challenge old chap. Dawn on the heath eh what?

At any rate, in that situation I think I'd probably have more things to worry about than whom to point my middle finger at...

BTW, it strikes me as both amusing and depressing, the antics of these ghetto bwuvvas being so disturbingly reminiscent of the behaviour of many of the hair-metal superstars of the 70s and 80s *steps back into shadows before another flame war breaks out*

Don't know about all the "is 2Pac a god or an arse" type debate, in my opinion he was a phenomenal musician and a pretty nifty actor: "me against the world" and "juice" for each genre respectively.

In terms of his Gansta Pimp Killa image, again I think 95% of that was marketing company horseapples, his track "dear momma" doesn't have a single cuss word on it, and the sentiments are utterly above reproach.

I'd like to think that 2Pac, biggie, lisa lefteye and aliyah are sat on a tropical beach somewhere, smoking indo and sipping on gin and juice.

Now that would be a conspiracy;)

Neither does the followiong have any cussing (including the 'N' word) ;

Me Against the World
California Love
Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find
Better Dayz
Until the End of Time

All I can think of off the top of my head at the moment.

Inverurie Jones said:
Couldn't spell very well, could he?

Nor could the person who wrote your signature verse by the looks of it either...........

Back