• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Devil In The Pine Barrens

MinusType

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Any advice for a novice investigator planning on trekking through the pine barrens in search of the Jersey Devil?
Like what's my basic supplies?
Methods of investigating?
Y'know,the good stuff.

Well, I'd take along a shotgun just in case.
Perhaps also a banjo, in case you meet the locals. :)

Don't forget to take along one of those water purifiers or water condensers.

Infrared camera, rifle, helmet with camera on recording all the time(nice to have a video recording in case you get attacked and killed by the Jersey Devil or a Yeti), GPS?

It's a pity Human84 doesn't post anymore, he'd tell you all about the Jersey Devil. I wonder if his website is still going? That might give you some info.

I figured I'd probably need a camera,flash light,but shotgun?

I went looking for the pine barrens a few days ago but I gave up when my boyfriend & I started arguing over starting in Mullica Hill,NJ.
I realize it is a pretty vast span of forest but it was already 9 o'clock when we started looking.
It should be Mullica Hill,shouldn't it?

gncxx said:
It's a pity Human84 doesn't post anymore, he'd tell you all about the Jersey Devil. I wonder if his website is still going? That might give you some info.

It is still going! He can't have flown off into space yet. Here you go:
http://www.landofthedevil.com/Home.html

Should give you some ideas.

MinusType said:
I figured I'd probably need a camera,flash light,but shotgun?

I went looking for the pine barrens a few days ago but I gave up when my boyfriend & I started arguing over starting in Mullica Hill,NJ.
I realize it is a pretty vast span of forest but it was already 9 o'clock when we started looking.
It should be Mullica Hill,shouldn't it?

Well, a shotgun or rifle would be a kind of insurance in case you should meet a bear or get attacked by the Jersey Devil itself. Indeed, if you get hopelessly lost, you may need to shoot a rabbit or other creature for food...

To stop you getting lost, I'd advise taking a map, a compass and a GPS.

I've read accounts of people venturing into the American wilderness in search of cryptids with a large calibre revolver for defence, rifles being heavy and expensive and liable to inspire accusations of hunting without a permit.
Anything that records sound could be useful as you're more likely to hear rather than see it.
Specimen-gathering stuff - bags and labels etc.
Bigfoots are reported from most continental states, you are more likely to encounter one of them.
Might also be a good idea to give the evidence a very rigorous review before you go, which shouldn't take long since there isn't much. Sasquatch hunting may prove more fruitful.

Bigfoots are reported from most continental states, you are more likely to encounter one of them.

In this case BF I think I have to agree,

Back